The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 8, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #7,681 of 17,484
How large is the library? Maybe its worth attempting without taxing the device too much? At least if you get the same result that may give the Fiio techies some more info and then offer further suggestions?

Apologies if a silly suggestion, I don't know the full situation or history of issues. Getting to root cause may take several attempts with testing etc to discount certain things first. Sounds frustrating.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #7,683 of 17,484
They're probably asking you to work through things step-by-step so they can tick things off as being tested / checked. Can be frustrating and perhaps counter intuitive and even annoying when the thing just needs to work. I hope a way is found to fix or a consensus is reached where the device needs to be repaired or replaced.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #7,684 of 17,484
How large is the library? Maybe its worth attempting without taxing the device too much? At least if you get the same result that may give the Fiio techies some more info and then offer further suggestions?

Apologies if a silly suggestion, I don't know the full situation or history of issues. Getting to root cause may take several attempts with testing etc to discount certain things first. Sounds frustrating.

May I ask what library?

I have the FW2.1 installed. I am curious what FiiO support is going to suggest I try next. Witchcraft, no doubt.

Try using small updates. Meaning having say 20 folders at a time to see if that will work.

They're probably asking you to work through things step-by-step so they can tick things off as being tested / checked. Can be frustrating and perhaps counter intuitive and even annoying when the thing just needs to work. I hope a way is found to fix or a consensus is reached where the device needs to be repaired or replaced.

This man speaks the truth.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #7,686 of 17,484
I have the FW2.1 installed. I am curious what FiiO support is going to suggest I try next. Witchcraft, no doubt.

I'd first check for hidden files. I remember reading that the thumbs.db - or whatever file Macs like to create can bugger the scan. Maybe something else got mixed in with your files (are you using drag-n-drop, or a music prog to add files?)
When I first got my X3 I plugged in a nearly full 64gb card and managed to do the database update in round 10 minutes. Even with switching cards the scan rarely takes any longer than that.
If all else fails I'd blame it on sunspots....
Hope you get it sorted.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #7,689 of 17,484
After spend six days reading from page 250 until end, I know this should be the most dumbest question. Sorry for I still living in stone age.

I have around 1,000 mp3 files, all songs be
taged album, artist, genre, etc as "MP3". No track number tag at all. I will play this files randomly during my working hour as background music. So it is easy to me to select Album -> MP3 -> Play Random
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u474/mikroski/Misc/0714.jpg

I want to manage folder of my music file in very simple way like below
http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u474/mikroski/Misc/0715.jpg

Question is
1. Will X3 has problem to play one folder contain with 1,000 files, no track number?
2. Will X3 has problem for folder arrangement as 100 folders in root directory?

Thank you for any input :)

edit: not allow to post image, please kindly click the link to see

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #7,690 of 17,484
Not enough pictures in this thread...

Sweet new portable rig,  (Lowepro Rezo 50 Case works well for now)

And Another...

The 3M Dual Lock is a little high as we can't get the low profile stuff here in Canada...
Now if someone wanted to send me a chunk of the stuff, it would make this much nicer! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #7,694 of 17,484
Blimey.
I have been looking for a decent portable DAP for ages, was going to go colorfly C3, but really didn't like the responses on the forums, so I looked and was excited about the X3, its format /codec recognition... Very excited.

But reading (wading) through this thread makes me wonder.
Does ANYONE have a normal, working, stable X3?
Surely it's not that much to ask? I just see more and more products being released that just don't work sensibly.....which means you (we) are getting ripped off. Seriously, has this just become accepted behaviour out there? Or is it just a very few units (worrying enough).

I would welcome any decent repsonses that tell me to pull my meagre savings on one, because it is actually lot of money to me.

Does it actually work? Properly?
And if it does - anyone know of an Australian dealer, so I can legally return it if its busted?

Sincerely,
VERY Confused of Darwin.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #7,695 of 17,484

Hi Cannikin,
I've contacted FiiO support and told them to let you send your x3 in for repair. I'll pm you the details, please keep an eye on your private messages inbox. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back