The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 27, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #6,721 of 17,481
sorry to ask this question, is it possible to connect my 3.5mm cable from my car stereo to the coaxial input of the x3, what cable do I need to do that, and will this improve the sound quality or will be the same as the sound coming from the 3.5mm input.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #6,722 of 17,481
The coax is output not input. In X3 you only have 1 input which is USB that connected to computer and to make it a sound card you have to turn DAC mode on.

The coax is to connect to external DAC To decode and then amplify.

The line out is to connect the external amp to amplify.

The earphone port is to connect to earphone of course.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #6,723 of 17,481
  sorry to ask a stupid question, my car stereo has a 3.5 mm cable coming from it, how can i connect it to the coaxial input of the x3, what cable do i need

Quote:

Huh? I'm a little confused by this. The coaxial is also output, not input (says output on the player). If you have a 3.5 mm cable, why not just use the line out?

Quote:
  sorry to ask this question, is it possible to connect my 3.5mm cable from my car stereo to the coaxial input of the x3, what cable do I need to do that, and will this improve the sound quality or will be the same as the sound coming from the 3.5mm input.

What the heck, man? You asked this twice and completely ignored my answer. Stop asking. Coaxial is output. Exit only!

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #6,724 of 17,481
Hi,

I am Newbie in X3. My firmware is 2.05. The Card is Sandisk ultra 64gb xc1.
I have copied all my Mp3 files into the SD Card using mediamonkey.
I have updated the library many times, but the library is not organized.
I can see and play the folders, but it is not organized by Artists, Album etc...
Any help will be wellcome
Thanks
Antonio

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #6,725 of 17,481
  Hi,

I can see and play the folders, but it is not organized by Artists, Album etc...
Thanks
Antonio

Have you tagged your files correctly? If not, I'll suggest mp3tag.

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #6,727 of 17,481
Hi,

Thanks
Antonio

Try firmware 2.1 and also recommend tagscanner completely free. And don use media monkey it sucks, try musicbee

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #6,729 of 17,481
I need some help updating this DAP. I have followed the instructions tried 2 different card formatted to FAT32 and it reads file not found im still on FW 1.2.3. I looked on the card and it shows the FW i need but the player is not updating.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #6,730 of 17,481
  I need some help updating this DAP. I have followed the instructions tried 2 different card formatted to FAT32 and it reads file not found im still on FW 1.2.3. I looked on the card and it shows the FW i need but the player is not updating.

Common issues are:

1. You didn't extract the file from the zip
2. The firmware you extracted from the zip is called something other than x3.fw
3. You have saved the firmware to the internal storage on the X3 and not the actual sd-card

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #6,732 of 17,481
  #1&2 are exactly what i did but what do you mean about #3?

The X3 has 8GB of onboard storage, it is very easy when looking at the X3 connected to a PC, to transfer the x3.fw file to the onboard storage instead of your sd-card. If that happens, then the firmware will not update.

I can't speak for Windows, but when I attach my X3 to my Mac with its sd-card in, it shows two volumes mounted. One is called 'X3' and the other is called 'UNTITLED'. The first of these is the X3's own onboard storage and the second one is my actual sd-card (your sd-card might be called something else if you have given it a volume name)

Just ensure that you are transferring the x3.fw file to the 'UNTITLED' volume (or whatever yours happens to be called) and not the X3's own internal 8GB storage.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #6,733 of 17,481

The X3 has 8GB of onboard storage, it is very easy when looking at the X3 connected to a PC, to transfer the x3.fw file to the onboard storage instead of your sd-card. If that happens, then the firmware will not update.

I can't speak for Windows, but when I attach my X3 to my Mac with its sd-card in, it shows two volumes mounted. One is called 'X3' and the other is called 'UNTITLED'. The first of these is the X3's own onboard storage and the second one is my actual sd-card (your sd-card might be called something else if you have given it a volume name)

Just ensure that you are transferring the x3.fw file to the 'UNTITLED' volume (or whatever yours happens to be called) and not the X3's own internal 8GB storage

should the player be hooked up to the computer when updating. I extracted and sent it to my sd-card than took the card out of the computer put in the X3 held down the menu and power button and here i am.

EDIT: Onet hing i should say to, if i go into the player and browse files and go to Micro SD Card it shows X3-FW1.31

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #6,734 of 17,481

Just ensure that you are transferring the x3.fw file to the 'UNTITLED' volume (or whatever yours happens to be called) and not the X3's own internal 8GB storage

should the player be hooked up to the computer when updating. I extracted and sent it to my sd-card than took the card out of the computer put in the X3 held down the menu and power button and here i am.

EDIT: Onet hing i should say to, if i go into the player and browse files and go to Micro SD Card it shows X3-FW1.31

It sounds like you didn't extract the file - it has to be named x3.fw EXACTLY - no additional version numbers or anything. That looks like you copied the file that you downloaded directly to the card, not extracted the firmware file from the file you downloaded.

Dale

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #6,735 of 17,481

It sounds like you didn't extract the file - it has to be named x3.fw EXACTLY - no additional version numbers or anything. That looks like you copied the file that you downloaded directly to the card, not extracted the firmware file from the file you downloaded.

Dale

Ok I will try again, one more thing, do you have to go in sequential order or can you skip to the newest FW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back