The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 10, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #16,622 of 17,484
Hello everybody, I bought the X3 when it first came out and I bought a 32 gig memory card and I put it into the xe and I transfared music onto it. All went well until October 10, 2015. I bought a 64 memory card and put 45 gigs onto it but now my X3 does not reads the 64 memory card. Do I need to format the 64 gig card? I didnt format the 32 gig card? I never upgraded the firmware cause I like how it sounds. Thanks,Boris.

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #16,623 of 17,484
Hello everybody, I bought the X3 when it first came out and I bought a 32 gig memory card and I put it into the xe and I transfared music onto it. All went well until October 10, 2015. I bought a 64 memory card and put 45 gigs onto it but now my X3 does not reads the 64 memory card. Do I need to format the 64 gig card? I didnt format the 32 gig card? I never upgraded the firmware cause I like how it sounds. Thanks,Boris.

Have you tried it in a micro SD card reader in your PC first? I think it needs to be formatted to FAT32. Both times I bought a 64gb card, they wouldn't work instantly with the X3. However, 32gb card for me always seem to come already formatted the way I need them to be.

Oct 10, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #16,624 of 17,484
Have you tried it in a micro SD card reader in your PC first? I think it needs to be formatted to FAT32. Both times I bought a 64gb card, they wouldn't work instantly with the X3. However, 32gb card for me always seem to come already formatted the way I need them to be.
The 45 gigs I put on the new card was seen on computer but not seen with X3. Then the computer could not read what was on the new card so I reformatted the new card and lost everything on the card.Now I put 5 gigs on the formatted new card and X3 cant read the 64 gig card now what do I do?

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #16,625 of 17,484
The 45 gigs I put on the new card was seen on computer but not seen with X3. Then the computer could not read what was on the new card so I reformatted the new card and lost everything on the card.Now I put 5 gigs on the formatted new card and X3 cant read the 64 gig card now what do I do?

I'm not that good with stuff like this. Others on this thread should soon be able to help. It is unlikely to be the X3 that is the problem. It could still be that your computer can read it but it is the wrong format for other devices. Both my 64gb cards that I had had to be formatted to FAT32 before my X3 or other devices could read the card.

Also, if you bought the X3 when it first came out, the sound quality has been improved by quite a lot as well as the user interface of the firmware and several other things.

It might be worth checking this out if you want an improvement over the early firmwares:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742014/official-x3-1st-gen-firmware-thread-3-34beta-removed-5800-song-limit-play-through-folders-happy-chinese-new-year

The final firmware will be coming out soon too.

Sometimes as well, the earlier firmwares can be fussy with different cards, at leased that is what I found. Try upgrading to this and try out your card. To update, you will need to download the firmware, put the new x3.fw file onto your current micro SD card that works, then, unplug the X3 from your PC. You then update the firmware by pressing and holding both the power and return button together. It then should say it is updating. You can then take your 32gb card out and try your 64gb card again. You don't need to keep the x3.fw file once it is on the X3. If this doesn't work, other people should still be able to help if you are wanting to stay with an older firmware. I just much prefer the latest one.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #16,626 of 17,484

Format the 64G card in the X3 via the X3 format menu option.

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #16,627 of 17,484
Make sure you're using the latest firmware. Support for xfat (or whatever file system 64GB+ cards come standard with) didn't arrive until one of the more recent versions.

Format the card using the X3. This is usually the best course of action if you're ever having problems with reading the cards.

Finally make sure your using a legit card. Waaay too many fakes out there. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #16,628 of 17,484

Sounds like every other post regarding a fake card.

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #16,629 of 17,484
Oct 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #16,630 of 17,484
Make sure you're using the latest firmware. Support for xfat (or whatever file system 64GB+ cards come standard with) didn't arrive until one of the more recent versions.

Format the card using the X3. This is usually the best course of action if you're ever having problems with reading the cards.

Format the card using the X3? How do I do that?

Oct 10, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #16,631 of 17,484

in the settings there is an option to format the card

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #16,632 of 17,484
in the settings there is an option to format the card
Ooo I put card in and turn on player and browse to go to a setting to format card ?

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #16,633 of 17,484
Oct 10, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #16,634 of 17,484

There's a option in the system settings menu.

If you'd rather format on your computer, just make sure its fat32.

Also, like @x RELIC x mentioned, make sure the card isn't fake. There are programs that can check the card and see if its legit (can't remember any names)

Oct 10, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #16,635 of 17,484
There's a option in the system settings menu.

If you'd rather format on your computer, just make sure its fat32.

Also, like @x RELIC x
 mentioned, make sure the card isn't fake. There are programs that can check the card and see if its legit (can't remember any names)

Depending on when he bought it (he mentioned he bought it when it first came out) then the option to format the card with the player may not be present as that was introduced in later firmware after many users had problems with card formats. Also, earlier firmware doesn't recognize exFAT. I suggest he take the 32gb card that was working and load the most recent FW on it and do an update if he can't find the format option in the System Settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back