The discovery thread!
Aug 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #13,411 of 100,498
Bassier yes. Sfs. Corecools without his tape mod is crazy. Too much bass believe it or not. Controlled it aint. But probably the bassiest earphones I have ever heard in stock configuration. Then there is the Philips SHE9750.. The bassiest philips earphones on the cheap. But a bit of a warning. These also happens to be the worst sounding Philips earphones.

These look kinda cool but don't let that clear silicone covered housing fool you. You will get nastiness,ie your hamburger smudge, ear wax sweat, unnatural oils, fungus and other growing bacterial, all over the housing as it is made of SILICONE!. Do not mistake these for an upgrade to the SHE9700. Nope. Nothing says your hifi like having a ginormous mid bass hump and absolutely no venting in the housing to retain all that resonance. So this is how it sounds if you sealed your buddies Honda with them nasty subs with all the windows up. Highs? Mids? There is none. It is all about knocking out that bit of earwax and getting a nice headache doing it. What was philips thinking in making these? I have no idea.

Maybe they wanted to reproduce ATs PRo700Mk2s. Which also sound very similar.

Dark dank and musty, with a thick bass note and what seems to be highs and mids that float somewhere in the sound. Somewhere in there you will not hear any type of precision or micro details. Actually there are some. It is from the headphones clamping your head so hard. You will be able to hear your veins pop on your forehead.. Nothing says hi fi like getting an aneurysm while getting your head pounded in with dank bass.

A little update on the Onkyos. So it seems the 3rd party vendor we bought the earphones from actually sold us the earphones without actually getting them in stock. How nice. This is the reason why I don't have them in my ears. I hope early next week.

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #13,412 of 100,498
^ Hyped on the 9750's and the Pro700's!
size]

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #13,413 of 100,498
Quote:
Bassier yes. Sfs. Corecools without his tape mod is crazy. Too much bass believe it or not. Controlled it aint. But probably the bassiest earphones I have ever heard in stock configuration. Then there is the Philips SHE9750.. The bassiest philips earphones on the cheap. But a bit of a warning. These also happens to be the worst sounding Philips earphones.

These look kinda cool but don't let that clear silicone covered housing fool you. You will get nastiness,ie your hamburger smudge, ear wax sweat, unnatural oils, fungus and other growing bacterial, all over the housing as it is made of SILICONE!. Do not mistake these for an upgrade to the SHE9700. Nope. Nothing says your hifi like having a ginormous mid bass hump and absolutely no venting in the housing to retain all that resonance. So this is how it sounds if you sealed your buddies Honda with them nasty subs with all the windows up. Highs? Mids? There is none. It is all about knocking out that bit of earwax and getting a nice headache doing it. What was philips thinking in making these? I have no idea.

Maybe they wanted to reproduce ATs PRo700Mk2s. Which also sound very similar.

Dark dank and musty, with a thick bass note and what seems to be highs and mids that float somewhere in the sound. Somewhere in there you will not hear any type of precision or micro details. Actually there are some. It is from the headphones clamping your head so hard. You will be able to hear your veins pop on your forehead.. Nothing says hi fi like getting an aneurysm while getting your head pounded in with dank bass.

A little update on the Onkyos. So it seems the 3rd party vendor we bought the earphones from actually sold us the earphones without actually getting them in stock. How nice. This is the reason why I don't have them in my ears. I hope early next week.

I'm excited for the Onkyo impressions. 
popcorn.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #13,414 of 100,498
Is it me or new ne-700x are falling behind mh1c?? After 50h burning 700x mh1c still sounds more natural and opend and easier to setup/drive (bass noticable better on mh1c for me) then 700x... It looks like the search for upgrade on mh1c is not over for me 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #13,415 of 100,498
Wow, as generally happens, I went on vacation for a week, poor wifi there, now have a kazillion pages to catch up with! :-\ I ordered X3 on site-that-can't-be-mentioned, can't wait to get it. My Studio Anniversary V3 seems have died, seems like a good one to go to next

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #13,418 of 100,498
Anyone try the Noontec Zoro HD? 

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #13,419 of 100,498
Quote:
Anyone get the geek email? Amp upgrades are being offered.

I saw the update #7 email as well. The super duper geek intrigues me but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the $60 more for the upgrade. If however anyone on here got in at the $119 bracket or lower and is willing to order another one for me (I'd paypal you the cost as well as cover shipping from you to me once you receive them) then I'd gladly update to super duper. Please PM me if anyone is willing to do this :)

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #13,420 of 100,498
Man... having doubts whether or not GEEK would be ok for powering high impedance headphones just in case I want a HD650 or HE-400 or something down the line.
I know it could potentially be great for the X1 but other more powerful headphones? Not sure...

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #13,421 of 100,498
Man... having doubts whether or not GEEK would be ok for powering high impedance headphones just in case I want a HD650 or HE-400 or something down the line.

I know it could potentially be great for the X1 but other more powerful headphones? Not sure...

Pretty sure the Super Duper upgrade with it's 1000mW would be enough to drive even heavy weight Headphones. I use them for stuff like portable gear so I think I'll go with the super and not the Maxed out upgrade.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #13,423 of 100,498
Quote:
Pretty sure the Super Duper upgrade with it's 1000mW would be enough to drive even heavy weight Headphones. I use them for stuff like portable gear so I think I'll go with the super and not the Maxed out upgrade.

Oh wow, problems are solved. I know that 1000mW is pretty huge for a portable amp but is it enough drive HD650/HE-400 to full potential?

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #13,425 of 100,498
Oh wow, problems are solved. I know that 1000mW is pretty huge for a portable amp but is it enough drive HD650/HE-400 to full potential?

I believe the HE-400 require 500mW to 1W to perform well, iirc. So yes, if the Geek does what it says, then driving them should be no problem.

From a plugged-in source, of course, I don't think a mobile's battery will last more than a few short hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back