The discovery thread!
Nov 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #4,501 of 124,790
Quote:
Oh great, just making sure aye!
Anyway,
How would the MH1C compare to the FX40 or even the FX31?
They sound like they would be quite similar, but I don't have the FX40 or FX31 myself.
Can't wait to the arrival of the MH1C!!!

versus the FX40.
notes on the Mh1c are thicker, fuller, and more realistic.
mids on the mh1c are more "there".
treble on the mh1c is SMOOOOOTH. fx40 has some sibilance/harshness depending on what your ear is sensitive to.
I can't decide on the subbass and bass but I prefer the mh1c.
It blends sooo well with the mids.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #4,502 of 124,790
Amazon.de/DHL is killing me. My MH1Cs are stuck in transportation limbo for days now and I have no idea when I'll get them
frown.gif
This thing always seems to happen with the stuff I want the most...

On a sidenote: anybody from europe has a cheap source for the XBA-3? I couldn't find anything less than 180€ and that's a bit much for me. I'm just preparing in case I like the sound of the MH1C enough to consider the upgrade.

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #4,504 of 124,790
The following short evaluation is based on memory.

When I had the re-262's, I thought. wow. this is great. I can hear how low it extend but if only that subbass/bass region was boosted a bit so the sound level matches the rest (mids and highs).
I think these mh1c's accomplish that.

Keep in mind that is from memory.
Can't comment on the technical aspects but as for as for frequency response, that is definitely what I hear.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #4,507 of 124,790
Finally got to hear a few earphones that was/is on the title on this thread(most of them have only been in my ears for about 30 seconds or so), firstly the jvc fxd 60, it sounded extremely airy, more airier than anything I have heard, with a mild v shape sound to it, and sounds really crisp too. I've then listened to the sony xb90ex, really strong subbass, subbass is present even on songs that are light on bass, however the highs are recessed imo. I've also listened to the jvc fx3x and they have a pretty v-shaped sound, everything sounded crisp, perhaps slightly less than the fxd60. Didn't bought any of them as I own too many earphones now and I dont' even get to use them all regualarly
redface.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #4,508 of 124,790
Quote:
Finally got to hear a few earphones that was/is on the title on this thread(most of them have only been in my ears for about 30 seconds or so), firstly the jvc fxd 60, it sounded extremely airy, more airier than anything I have heard, with a mild v shape sound to it, and sounds really crisp too. I've then listened to the sony xb90ex, really strong subbass, subbass is present even on songs that are light on bass, however the highs are recessed imo. I've also listened to the jvc fx3x and they have a pretty v-shaped sound, everything sounded crisp, perhaps slightly less than the fxd60. Didn't bought any of them as I own too many earphones now and I dont' even get to use them all regualarly
redface.gif

no offence but 30 seconds of listening won't give you any reliable impressions...

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #4,510 of 124,790
Quote:
Quote:
redface.gif

no offence but 30 seconds of listening won't give you any reliable impressions...

Even though incomplete, you can have reliable impressions in just 30 seconds with headphones that have already been fully burned in.  That is so, if you are the person that set up the sound source and it is a familiar source to your ears, you have experienced ears and the headphones have an outstanding sound trait or flaw.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #4,511 of 124,790
Quote:
Even though incomplete, you can have reliable impressions in just 30 seconds with headphones that have already been fully burned in.  That is so, if you are the person that set up the sound source and it is a familiar source to your ears, you have experienced ears and the headphones have an outstanding sound trait or flaw.

I'm sure that's true. What's very tricky for me is trying to resist the temptation to test them out (and form an opinion) straight out of the box lol!

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #4,515 of 124,790
I ordered FX40 before I ordered the MH1c. Which shall I keep? I can't open and test it than return it. will MH1c kill FX40 or they are different animal?

another question:

How about XBA-1 compare to MH1c? bestbuy has XBA-1 on clearance for $42.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back