The discovery thread!
Oct 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #4,186 of 100,564
Thanks, So no noise or hum when its close to your laptop/pc and FP?

How do you "chain" all together? Pc-Fp-bravo-hp/iem?

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #4,188 of 100,564
Quote:
Thanks, So no noise or hum when its close to your laptop/pc and FP?
How do you "chain" all together? Pc-Fp-bravo-hp/iem?

Ya I have this hooked up like this all day but. Believe it or not I was as equally impressed with just throwing on my Sony Z1060 DAP. on the Bravo amp. I haven't tried my clip yet but I will report back with results. I have no doubt it will jive well with the Clip or any DAP actually.

Lol. I am listening to the MHC1 on my bravo amp. Sounds freaking great..

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #4,189 of 100,564
Quote:
Lol. I am listening to the MHC1 on my bravo amp. Sounds freaking great..

Killing. me.

Looking forward to your clip on bravo report.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #4,190 of 100,564
Well, close to 30hr the R1 seems to have refined a bit, but im not blown away. These may not be what some would call balanced, but they are more balanced than the more high intensive JVC, or AT. Bass is there, but never overpowering.
I think the sony XB has a wider soundstage, 
I love the fit... and the fact that they can seamlessly be worn over the ear as well as straight down is really nice.
I dont bother to EQ at all, and so I enjoy them more than the fx40, maybe more then the ckm500. the ckm500 does alot of things better, more synergy and weight to the music. These are power hungRAY, great for all types of music and for a casual listen.
Just not wowed so far, but for around $30...

very interested in hearing how they stand next to the MHC1

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #4,191 of 100,564
I was curious so....

If you are one of those who managed to get a proper fit and seal with the $7 monoprice iems and is also in possession of the r1's.....

Go back and A/B the two.

I hope I'm not losing my mind.
or at least hearing.

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #4,192 of 100,564
This is madness, my pair of Brainwavz R1 is still on the way and I already feel like scoring the Sony MH1C.

Please tell me that I shouldn't......
triportsad.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #4,193 of 100,564
This is madness, my pair of Brainwavz R1 is still on the way and I already feel like scoring the Sony MH1C.

Please tell me that I shouldn't...... :triportsad:

Just do it, you'll end up doing it anyway. Sooth that inner curiosity. :devil_face:

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #4,195 of 100,564
Quote:
Which one would I get?
For bass lovers. EDM/ HIP HOP fans. The R1  Balanced with a big bass end
For detail guys that love their highs/ sparkle with their sound The FX31 U shape sound but nice detail and clarity
For guys that want a great sounding do it all phone w  mic device that can play all your music.Nicely balanced solid sound.  For $20 it is a no brainer if you own a Smart phone. Just tested the mic out. Works very nice on my LG optimus.

I thought R1 would come on top when it comes to listening instrumental music and would create best ambience. What I loved about Xears XE200PRO was the separation and clear sound of instruments. Also vocals were so soothing for my ear and I did read some complaints about vocals sounding distant on R1.I would get another pair of Xears but they didn't sit right in my ears and also have terrible build quality. So I guess for me the best pick would be FX31? 

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #4,196 of 100,564
It may be just my brain playing tricks, but Xb90EX got better for last two days :/ don't know why - maybe it's because of additional burn in on VERY high volume, but the result is even better mids LOL. 

oh and another thing - sure, they are bassy and all that, but majority of bassy music sounds like crap on these... I guess the reason is the recording and mastering quality itself, because when the rightsong plays on it, it is just bass bliss :) anyways I would recommend these for MAINLY jazz and Classical listeners and something more forgiving for crappy hip-hop recordings...

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #4,199 of 100,564
Quote:
I thought R1 would come on top when it comes to listening instrumental music and would create best ambience. What I loved about Xears XE200PRO was the separation and clear sound of instruments. Also vocals were so soothing for my ear and I did read some complaints about vocals sounding distant on R1.I would get another pair of Xears but they didn't sit right in my ears and also have terrible build quality. So I guess for me the best pick would be FX31? 

I think the MHC1 is actually a better deal as they are half the price of the FX31.  They come very close to the FX31 in detail and vocal performance but is only half price. Check out a MHC1.

Quote:
Dsnuts, how are you liking the mhc1? Can you compare them to the jvcfxd 80 and the sony xb90ex. Thanks.

I want to burn in the MHC1 for a few days longer before I do some comparisons but I can tell you they aren't better than the FXD80s. And the sound scale of the XB90 is much bigger. A completely different sound over the MHC1s. I am very impressed with the MHC1 and will see how they end up with more burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back