The discovery thread!
Oct 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3,991 of 103,069
Quote:
No doubt. It has been in my ears ever since I got them. It is tough to go from one of the most engaging sounds to an unrefined one.  Will throw in my XBA-3. I have been listening to my classic rock collection more and more because of these..Well recorded older stuff sounds so great it is like rediscovering classic rock for me which is just awesome

You youngins better recognize.

I think you just like the mustache :wink:
BTW I also jumped on the deal... the xba-3 will have to wait

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3,993 of 103,069
Quote:
I think you just like the mustache :wink:
BTW I also jumped on the deal... the xba-3 will have to wait

I am all about the fro. The drummers got it going on! Now there is a man that is not afraid to show it. 

@prakhar. After owning the CC51s I have never ever bought another meelec earphone. I can't tell you if they are. Can anyone chime in on this? I will tell you I much prefer the SHE3580 over my Meelec CC51s.

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #3,995 of 103,069
Quote:
Can any xb90 owners chime in on whether the meelec tips have the tendency to get stuck in the ear? My shure tips sound great but the nozzle tip on the 90's is smaller so the rubber tips get stuck in my ear often. Might try the smaller comply tips instead.

once a reaaaally worn out meelec large tip got separated and stuck in the ear, but that was more due to the fact that it was worn out rather than anything else. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #3,996 of 103,069
Boy, did that R1 thread ever super-nova - and not so much in a good way. Drama drama drama!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/631240/brainwavz-r1-review/285#post_8802591
Hopefully sanity returns to the land of R1 lol!

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #3,997 of 103,069
Quote:
Has anyone tried those CK700?
They seem like they're cheapos too?
Round about the same price as those AWEIs

Ye i have them both the AWEI are a bit  better. If you live in the US i could see why you wouldn't recommend them, there are so many better options and most of them are around $10 to $20 (ebay - amazon etc.). But i can't get my hands on most of the earphones you recommend in the EU or i have to pay +$35 for it. I like the AWEI for their price and i don't have to fork out another $35 for a decent set of IEM if they break like my M1 or Xeports. These are a good gift for friends with apple earbuds :)

I really want to try out the FX31 but $40 on ebay sigh....

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #3,999 of 103,069
Wow I feel for that Dragon2knight. Why can't guys have some open minds. I can see some fools getting banned or getting a stern warning from that thread. I have been in his shoes more times than I would like to remember so I can definitely relate. Poor guy getting bashed like that.

Sometimes it ain't worth sticking your neck out to tell about a product on these threads. Too many critics. The damn phone is $35. Lol. It ain't like it is a $300 phone. It is what it is.

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #4,000 of 103,069
Quote:

Ye i have them both the AWEI are a bit  better. If you live in the US i could see why you wouldn't recommend them, there are so many better options and most of them are around $10 to $20 (ebay - amazon etc.). But i can't get my hands on most of the earphones you recommend in the EU or i have to pay +$35 for it. I like the AWEI for their price and i don't have to fork out another $35 for a decent set of IEM if they break like my M1 or Xeports. These are a good gift for friends with apple earbuds :)

I really want to try out the FX31 but $40 on ebay sigh....

Sorry about the non recommend Majin. I was impressed by the sheer brute bass they have but once that initial Wow is gone and you start listening to them more and more I started to pick out more inconsistencies in the sound. I think for the price and the fact that it actually is built better than so many earphones I have is enough for anyone to try out but you are right there is too many to choose from now a days that does sound better for just a bit more in cost. I don't know if you have ever tried a FX101.

I am sure you can pick one of them up for much cheaper than the FX31. That is what I would consider a great cheapo bass phone. While the build is much cheaper than the Awei's. The sound is what makes them outstanding. Many of the cheaper Philips phones as well.  Another would be the Philips SHE9700. I know these have been around a while but these are another proper bass earphone on the cheap that actually is an upgrade to the mighty SHE3580..

I have to admit if EDM and hiphop was your main listening the AWEIs do sound good with bassy genres. That bass was unexpected. Lol.

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #4,001 of 103,069
Ye i pretty much checked out all the IEMs you suggested, but the only place i can get them is ebay and $27 for the FX101 doesn't sound like a good deal. I think i read you compared them with the xeport 5010 somewhere and they were kinda on par? (correct me if i'm wrong, it has been a while)

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #4,003 of 103,069
HI Dsnut !!! So , Sony MDR XB 90 EX will be a SUPERB UPGRADE to my CKS 55 !!!
I remember you once said CKS 77 is entirely a whole level when compared to CKS 55
Hahaha I quite enjoy my CKS 55 and maybe I 'm still new to IEM world
So, I think XB 90 gonna to satisfy even more and I gonna anticipate it ><

Oct 23, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #4,004 of 103,069
Quote:
Does the m6 sound vastly inferior to the She3580?

YES!

The M6 has these "metalic" sounding highs, also IMO the sound is "thinner" , the bass is typcal bass from cheapos iems, the Bass from the 3580 goes depper and cleaner.  Both got recesed mids but the 3580 is a bit better in that aspect.   in my ears, the M6 sounds like cheap destkop speakers the 3580 sounds like a nice sounding sound system.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #4,005 of 103,069
Quote:
Boy, did that R1 thread ever super-nova - and not so much in a good way. Drama drama drama!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/631240/brainwavz-r1-review/285#post_8802591
Hopefully sanity returns to the land of R1 lol!

bigsmile_face.gif
  That was funny, maybe dragon made a mistake by telling they where "balanced" where maybe they are not.  in any case that dude bot when over the top, jezuz... its only a 35 iem sell it if you like it, man! that was crazy
bigsmile_face.gif

anyway, i got those E30... nothing to write about, they are good for the price,  but............................. nothing special.  IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back