The discovery thread!
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3,542 of 100,493
Quote:
redface.gif
xb90ex sounding dull and fxd80 sounding normal........somebody needs to get there ears cleaned and checked
tongue.gif

It sounds wrong, but I hope that's the case LOL :D

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #3,543 of 100,493
Quote:
Be careful. See I know what these FX40s are. They are great. perhaps a little too great. So great after you get your taste of what the carbon nanotube drivers do for your music. Then all of a sudden you get curious about the higher end carbon nanotube earphones. And even the headphone they threw in a big old 40mm driver for. These are the gateway. Be warned. Just say it now. Say it with me. 

"I FHSWarrior will not be curious about a higher end more refined version of the FX40. I FHWarrior will not be interested any other JVC made product." If you said this. Then only then you can just enjoy the FX40s. Nothing more.

Lol. Burn in is absolutely important on these. The more burn in the better. Remember Carbon, base material for diamonds. Stiffer than any dynamic in earphone land.  A funny story. One of the guys on the HA-S500 thread was burning in his headphones and his mom for some reason ended up blasting his volume to something like 190% of max volume distorting the sound at that level. He went into his room to find the music absolutely Maxed out. He was flipping mad obviously thinking his mum ruined his new headphones.. It turned out this probably just loosened it a bit but no damage whatsoever. True story. I think normal phones and it would have done some damage. Carbon nanotubes. Seems they can take some punishment. 

Hmm... I wonder who you were talking about? 
wink.gif

Quote:
I didn't mean to be disrespectful and I know the situation you're in - hence the smileys... it's just that I'm familiar to your searches on this thread and you kinda remind me, when I was wanting to buy something for about a year and then just gave up on it. research is good and all, but it shouldn't take much more than say a month, or it will continue for ever :D

I agree with this but tbh I'm such an indecisive person as well so I can see where Omnom is coming from. I'm having a similar problem right now but it's whether I should go for a new desktop PC or a laptop.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3,544 of 100,493
Don't buy from the seller under "artistic_life" though, cuz he sells defective non grade-A products from what i have read. His prices are always the lowest and labels them as genuine so it's really tempting.......

But but it looks so much more sexy!!! Saw someone that posted with these newer red FX3Xs as their avatar, and thought they shopped in those colors or something, but looks like JVC is giving these a new paint job and trying to sell more of them.  I wonder if they sound the same as the old FX3Xs cuz they sure are a lot more $$$. 

The general rule is that sellers from China and Hong Kong are more suspect for selling fakes, especially when it is shipped from China so be careful on ebay. There are literally knockoffs for everything it seems, even the cheapo FX101s has fakes that look exactly the same. 

so artistic.life isn't the best ebayer? What about hkasiamall? They seem have a good feedback. Anyone could recommend me the best place to buy the original Ha-fx3x earphone? Amazon japan doesn't ship outside japan.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3,545 of 100,493
Quote:
redface.gif
xb90ex sounding dull and fxd80 sounding normal........somebody needs to get there ears cleaned and checked
tongue.gif

I have NO IDEA how those Tf10 sound, but if he says the FXD80 sounds normal,  o dear lord those TF10 should be monsters on detail on clarity, 
L3000.gif
       cause on my ears the FXD80 has so much detail and clarity, the bass is so great i not even conserding buying other iems for a long while.

Maybe i should save some money to get a pair of those TF's.
wink_face.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #3,546 of 100,493
Quote:

I have NO IDEA how those Tf10 sound, but if he says the FXD80 sounds normal,  o dear lord those TF10 should be monsters on detail on clarity, 
L3000.gif
       cause on my ears the FXD80 has so much detail and clarity, the bass is so great i not even conserding buying other iems for a long while.

Maybe i should save some money to get a pair of those TF's.
wink_face.gif

That's funny, because I find the FXD80 to be what the TF10 was supposed to be.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3,547 of 100,493
So for the guys that own or are about to get the XB90EX.. This I feel is imperative. Take a look this is what I mean by bigger wider tip. I am using Meelec tips. Look at the difference. 9 times out of 10 I would recommend hybrids on earphones but in this case they do restrict the full sounds that are coming out of the XB90EX.

And burn in brings out the highs much better than stock sound.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #3,548 of 100,493
Quote:
So for the guys that own or are about to get the XB90EX.. This I feel is imperative. Take a look this is what I mean by bigger wider tip. I am using Meelec tips. Look at the difference. 9 times out of 10 I would recommend hybrids on earphones but in this case they do restrict the full sounds that are coming out of the XB90EX.

And burn in brings out the highs much better than stock sound.

I'm using those exact tips on my Able Planet SI500 and they do the same thing with these tips - much more open, unrestricted sound :) I was using meelec m6 tips and I guess the bore is the same on those ones as is on the sony hybrids, and I didn't really like upper mids and highs, but stock wide-robe or these meelec tips are just gorgeous. :)

I also saw tips that come with samsung bada smartphone iems - these meelecs are like 6mm diameter bore, but those are like even wider! unfortunately they are only medium size and don't fit me perfect :frowning2:

should I burn those on high volumes? I usually burn the iems at just about maximum tolerable level for my hearing, but I'm not sure what kind of burn in would be able to handle those giant drivers :D

p.s. the first thing I thought when I looked at your picture was that you put those sony on a pizza of some kind lol :D

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3,550 of 100,493
I took my earphones outside where I work as the light here is somewhat dim. It is one of those road block barriers. I just threw the earphones on top of a relatively bright somewhat flat surface. lol. It does look like cheese.

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #3,552 of 100,493
Oct 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #3,554 of 100,493
I tried the double flange ones and I still like the wide bore tips much better than the double flange ones. Also. If you guys have a radio shack close to you. Auvio tips they sell as radio shack are Sony Hybrid clones but with a much better build and a much bigger sound hole. Cost $8 or so for a set. Those work awesome too.

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3,555 of 100,493
Quote:
I tried the double flange ones and I still like the wide bore tips much better than the double flange ones. Also. If you guys have a radio shack close to you. Auvio tips they sell as radio shack are Sony Hybrid clones but with a much better build and a much bigger sound hole. Cost $8 or so for a set. Those work awesome too.

have you tried these "balanced sound" tips:

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts3-df-50-gy.htm

the ore seems a little narrower, but not too much. also wonder how these balance the sound out and why thy are grey :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back