The discovery thread!
Jun 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #2,432 of 98,032
The FX40 is more detailed and cleaner sound over the CKM50. The FX101 is similar in that they have a full bass end which the CKM50s are known for. Out of the 2 try out the FX40. The new carbon nanotube drivers in them are just fantastic. Completely sold on them. These will have much detail over the CKM50. Great sounding earphones but a good full burn in is a requirement.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #2,434 of 98,032
Heya,

Guys I am very interested in purchasing some new IEMs after my old ones broke, I'm on a bit of a budget right now. I happened to stumble across this thread after doing some research.
So after being recommended to buy the HTF 600S by Dsnuts (thanks Dsnuts you 'Legend'!), and it turning out to be such phenomenal  phones I thought, hey, why not listen to what he has to say again?
Well, I'm not to sure if I should run in guns a blazing and buy these right off the bat, so I just want to know if there are other options etc.
I want quite a decent bassy IEM for my music genres of Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, and the occasional Dubstep. But I don't want the bass to ruin the other aspects of the SQ. Pretty much a HTF 600S in IEM form :).
Right of now I understand that MEElectronics, Xear (keeping below the budget using the KLANFLUZZIS Code), JVC, SoundMagic, and I think Vsonic are the brands to go with.
I've been recommended to get the Sound Magic E10, but not knowing the guy I'm not to sure, as well as its $60 or something like that.
The thing also to note is that I don't want over ear! That style doesn't suit me :p
I've also seen that the MEElectronics M31/21/11 are meant to be good too.
As well as the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition.
Apparently the JVC HA-FX1X are meant to be a great steal too?
Although Xears is meant to be good too, I don't want to be spending that kind of money unless its absolutely worth it!
I wanna settle for a nice deal, like the HTF 600S
If someone is able to help me on my way it would be fantastic,
As of now I am using the SkullCandy InKd (or whatever it is) and I don't know if they're supposed to be good or not, I got them in 05 haha :)

Very Best,

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #2,435 of 98,032
Dsnuts - been following this thread for a while and am now in a position to purchase some new JVC IEM.
I bought the Panasonic HTF890 from your other thread and really like them.
JVC FX67 which although super comfy are really only good for the gym.
JVC FXC51 which I really like a lot, more than my Sure E4 in fact.

With the above and bearing in mind i listen to dance, trance and alt rock would you recommend the FXT90 or the new FD80?

Thanks

Dom

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #2,440 of 98,032
I know this was probably brought up before, but can someone compare the clarity of the hafx40 to the ath ckm500? I was not impressed with the 500s, although my fault for selling them without burning in enough.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2,441 of 98,032
Quote:
Dsnuts - been following this thread for a while and am now in a position to purchase some new JVC IEM.
I bought the Panasonic HTF890 from your other thread and really like them.
JVC FX67 which although super comfy are really only good for the gym.
JVC FXC51 which I really like a lot, more than my Sure E4 in fact.

With the above and bearing in mind i listen to dance, trance and alt rock would you recommend the FXT90 or the new FD80?

Thanks

Dom

Save yourself the money and try out a FX40. It has the biggest full bass end of these 3 earphones. Then later on if you enjoy the FX40 try out a FXD80 which everyone should own for their collection. Crazy great iem for the bucks.

@Jkim The clarity of the FX40 is awesome. Might be too much for some but if you got money back from the CKM500 you should try the FXD80. Might be more to your liking. It is a more refined FX40. And one word of advice.  Burn in is for real.  I have too many earphones that change with burn in for me not to believe in it.. Both these FX40 and the FXD80 change for the much better with burn in. Carbon nanotubes will change anyone's thoughts about not doing any burn in. For me there is no debate. Burn in is a 100% requirement. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #2,442 of 98,032
@Dsnuts
Why is it that you don't have any of these IEMs listed in your inventory? is it just outdated or did you sell your FX40 and FX101?
Anyway what do you guys reckon about the Sound Magic E10 Compared to these as well as the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition?
Could a comparison be made of these?

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #2,443 of 98,032
Sorry for the smart response there Omnom I haven't updated my profile in a while. I updated it now. I though you was being smart with me so I snapped back. Sorry for the misunderstanding. As for the Gr02 bass vs these FX101. Some one else is gonna have to answer that for you. Don't own them

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #2,444 of 98,032
recieved my fx101 last night, and out of the box they sound like ****...
so last night i started burning em in with my drum and bass playlist and after 10 hours of burn in i cant see any difference in the sound quality..
before fx101 i had skullcandy riot and TBH they sound much better than these fx101..
i am burning em in at 75% volume...is there something wrong with my burn in method...also how much burn in time is sufficient.
if the sound doesn't change soon i am gonna burn them for real..
devil_face.gif

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,445 of 98,032
Quote:
recieved my fx101 last night, and out of the box they sound like ****...
so last night i started burning em in with my drum and bass playlist and after 10 hours of burn in i cant see any difference in the sound quality..
before fx101 i had skullcandy riot and TBH they sound much better than these fx101..
i am burning em in at 75% volume...is there something wrong with my burn in method...also how much burn in time is sufficient.
if the sound doesn't change soon i am gonna burn them for real..
devil_face.gif

What exactly is sounding badly? Are the highs too harsh or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back