The discovery thread!
May 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #1,801 of 103,330
Quote:
Let me ask you what are you listening to your FX40 with.. They sound better just straight from a DAP. These are less forgiving of sound than most cheapos too so that might be another reason. You tube is not gonna have the best quality sound so these might expose some not so good quality vids you are watching.

i listen to trance,techno,rock,metal,jpop,kpop,classical,music from video games.also whats a dap?

May 28, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #1,804 of 103,330
I've had some time with my FX40. They are indeed very good and quite a bargain. However, they're not as open as my HD600 or as full-bodied as my D5000.

May 28, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #1,806 of 103,330
That's kind of like saying that I really like my civic, but I'm disappointed it doesn't have the acceleration of an F18.

tongue_smile.gif

May 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #1,809 of 103,330
hold on, just recieved my x101-b today.  Not listened to them yet but already bitterly dissapointed.

Is the cable on these things seriously the crappy 2 pipe glued together type on cheap and nasty phones? or did i get fakes?

the cable on the 1x was nice,  single red tube of rubber  with good feel. These 101 have the cable i would expect from a chinese $1 phone.

It looks both cheap and nasty and i have broken these cords a ton of times in the past.

Advices on if mine are fake or just built like crap? 

May 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #1,810 of 103,330
Quote:
hold on, just recieved my x101-b today.  Not listened to them yet but already bitterly dissapointed.

Is the cable on these things seriously the crappy 2 pipe glued together type on cheap and nasty phones? or did i get fakes?

the cable on the 1x was nice,  single red tube of rubber  with good feel. These 101 have the cable i would expect from a chinese $1 phone.

It looks both cheap and nasty and i have broken these cords a ton of times in the past.

Advices on if mine are fake or just built like crap? 

Your not gonna care about the cord once you hear them.  I have to admit the FX40 does have a nicer build as the cord is a better quality. But I think JVC had to cut corners here. For me much like the MP8320. I would rather get a nice sounding earphone plus. I know it looks cheap but there is almost no microphonics and it isn't like these are gonna snap in half once you start using them

Open them and hear them. So what if they didn't throw in a high end cable. They work great and are not gonna frail or break apart. See for yourself.

May 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #1,811 of 103,330
I have finally found a shop here selling the fx40, so I bought them right away.

The bass are impressive, but the mids are a little recessed for my taste, the highs are impressive as well, with a decent amount of detail, although I do hear peaks as others had mentioned before.

They are quite comfortable as well, and are built quite tough, only that there is no strain relief where the cable goes in the earphone housing, and I was planning to wear them over ears, which makes me worry.

I will burn them in and see if there will be any significant changes.

I must say that these earphones can definitely compete with earphones that cost $50-$100 more. Thanks Dsnuts
etysmile.gif

May 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #1,812 of 103,330
Quote:
I have finally found a shop here selling the fx40, so I bought them right away.

The bass are impressive, but the mids are a little recessed for my taste, the highs are impressive as well, with a decent amount of detail, although I do hear peaks as others had mentioned before.

They are quite comfortable as well, and are built quite tough, only that there is no strain relief where the cable goes in the earphone housing, and I was planning to wear them over ears, which makes me worry.

I will burn them in and see if there will be any significant changes.

I must say that these earphones can definitely compete with earphones that cost $50-$100 more. Thanks Dsnuts
etysmile.gif

The fx40's are reasonably tough. I already dropped my player, causing it to yank on the cord to the point where the player disconnected. Felt a big tug on the ears. Plugged it back in and the fx40's are still rocking.

May 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #1,813 of 103,330
Quote:

Your not gonna care about the cord once you hear them.  I have to admit the FX40 does have a nicer build as the cord is a better quality. But I think JVC had to cut corners here. For me much like the MP8320. I would rather get a nice sounding earphone plus. I know it looks cheap but there is almost no microphonics and it isn't like these are gonna snap in half once you start using them

Open them and hear them. So what if they didn't throw in a high end cable. They work great and are not gonna frail or break apart. See for yourself.

Ok so had some initial listening done and agree without a doubt these are awesome sounding headphones.  thumping bass but great sound in all areas,  upon hearing this I agree that they are still value for money, for the sound i reckon i would pay 4/5 times the price. 

Still i would have been quite happy to pay a couple extra bucks on the cable from the 1x on them although i do realise a regular consumer might be confused as to why the price had gone up for what, to them, is the same headphone.

In the past i have had i think 3/4 of these cables die out on me, had i not had the previous version i dont think i would have been so shocked on opening the package.

Just a question, i have the black ones, if anyone who has one of the coloured wires (red, blue etc) tell me if they have the 2 thin bits of cable glued together going into the jack or just the one.
i havent ever seen a couloured 2 bit cable so maybe its different on the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back