The discovery thread!
May 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #1,771 of 100,604
Quote:
$10 + $16= Hugh? Thats a cheap dollar movie and some McDonalds Big mac meals. Lol! Much more satisfaction.

Lol, I gotta save up for a car though! Still a little highschooler over here. Plus i've already spent soo much on my past headphones which sadly broke recently. But if these fx101s are as good as you guys say they are, I should be happy for a looong time.

May 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #1,772 of 100,604
Quote:

Haha how do you know this song? I'm Jamaican. We used to bust out in this song randomly when we were bored in elementary school.

May 27, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #1,774 of 100,604
Quote:

The movie Beetlejuice is how I know about that song. xD

Yeah, that was some freaky song selection for the movie. That's the movie that featured the shrunken head I considered using for my avatar. Though that head wasn't conducive to adding headphones.

The backstory on my avatar is a guy walking along the beach. He finds a brass lamp. Picks it up and a curvaceous female genie pops out. She grants him one wish. Eyeballing her up and down,  he asks, "How about a little head?"

May 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #1,775 of 100,604
Quote:

The backstory on my avatar is a guy walking along the beach. He finds a brass lamp. Picks it up and a curvaceous female genie pops out. She grants him one wish. Eyeballing her up and down,  he asks, "How about a little head?"

That's too funny lol

So I know these buds are cheap and everything but hows the build quality? They look pretty solid from the pictures that I've seen but looks can be deceiving. I'm not that rough with my IEMs but I could be gentler if need be.

May 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #1,779 of 100,604
Are the Jvc Hafx101 good for gym?

I LOVE the CKS77´s but im looking out for a pair for gym use and I came across this thread...how are the microphonics? 

Thanks all

May 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,780 of 100,604
The JVC Riptidz might be better suited for gym use. It is sweat and water resistant. if you don't want isolation, then you might want to look into the JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks. It sound quite decent and won't fall out of your ears. If regular IEMs fall out of your ears while working out, you might want to the JVC IEMs with earhooks. I forgot the model numbers of those, and which one is for men and which for women(the women's one is for smaller ears).

May 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,781 of 100,604
Quote:
The JVC Riptidz might be better suited for gym use. It is sweat and water resistant. if you don't want isolation, then you might want to look into the JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks. It sound quite decent and won't fall out of your ears. If regular IEMs fall out of your ears while working out, you might want to the JVC IEMs with earhooks. I forgot the model numbers of those, and which one is for men and which for women(the women's one is for smaller ears).

Thanks for the reply but I have never had a pair of IEM´s fall out of my ears  so Im just worried about microphonics, can you hear the wire bang everytime you run?

I will look into the Riptidz...thanks again! 
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,782 of 100,604
Quote:
Thanks for the reply but I have never had a pair of IEM´s fall out of my ears  so Im just worried about microphonics, can you hear the wire bang everytime you run?

I will look into the Riptidz...thanks again! 
biggrin.gif

Wearing it with the cord around your ear will help minimize that. So will using a clip to clip the wire to your shirt. That is a problem with all IEMs though.

May 27, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #1,784 of 100,604
What's the difference between FX1X and FX101 soundwise? Bass, mids, highs and soundstage etc. Are these V-shape or do they have fairly rolled-off or neutral highs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back