The discovery thread!
May 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #1,696 of 100,565
Quote:
Oh yea the E11 if I was to guess will just throw your sound into overdrive. More stage thicker and wider sound. What not to like. Man I am listening to them on my Z1060 now.  Oh mi gawsh. lol! JVC man. Freaking JVC. These guys are like.." Lets give them a great sounding earphone for free!". Aha sir we have to charge for materials at least." Oh yea lets charge $16 then" 

I have to agree with your natural tone for sound on these. These have just a natural type tone for sound..Not dark or warm sounding and not bright at all.This is funny but I kinda don't want to A/B against my MMDTs.Lol!

New update.. Aha guys. So I have been burning my XF101s for a good 50 hours now..These are freaking me out. The highs are now more extended? Wut? I could have sworn the highs wasn't this clean when I heard them last. The sound seems to be polishing up with more burn. Wow.

Dude, I decided to join the forums because I've been reading all about the FX101 and wow, just bought them thanks to this thread and I really like them. Still burning them in but I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm using the stock tips, should I invest in some other ones or just keep using the stock ones? If I should change the tips, can you suggest something for me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

May 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #1,697 of 100,565
Quote:

Dude, I decided to join the forums because I've been reading all about the FX101 and wow, just bought them thanks to this thread and I really like them. Still burning them in but I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm using the stock tips, should I invest in some other ones or just keep using the stock ones? If I should change the tips, can you suggest something for me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

The stock tips are good, if you get a good seal and you feel no discomfort I think you don't need to buy any other tips unless you just like experimenting.  If on the other hand you don't get a good seal with any of the tips and/or feel discomfort then those foamies are probably a good idea.  Once these 101s die on you then you'll have a spare set of tips to try on another set of IEMs :)

May 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #1,699 of 100,565
Quote:
Where do you buy the fx101 for $16 shipped? Maybe I missed out since I'm late to the party. I want to get a green one. The cheapest I found was $20 shipped on eBay.

I think the priced has gone up a bit on these from $16 shipped to $20 or so.. Even at $50 these would be a fantastic deal let alone $20.  I have no idea which one I like better.

I am a fan of musical sound so naturally the FX101 should have been the winner for me but then again when I hear the FX40s the clarity and detail on them are so much to my liking as well and I find the bass end while not as full as the FX101 is almost just as good... It is like trying to take out a hottie blond or a hottie brunette for dinner and a movie.Lol!!. Hotness and more hotness. Nice problem to have.

May 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,700 of 100,565
Quote:
I think the priced has gone up a bit on these from $16 shipped to $20 or so.. Even at $50 these would be a fantastic deal let alone $20.  I have no idea which one I like better.

I am a fan of musical sound so naturally the FX101 should have been the winner for me but then again when I hear the FX40s the clarity and detail on them are so much to my liking as well and I find the bass end while not as full as the FX101 is almost just as good... It is like trying to take out a hottie blond or a hottie brunette for dinner and a movie.Lol!!. Hotness and more hotness. Nice problem to have.

which ear tips do you suggest for these? stocks, comply or will the sony hybrids work?

May 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #1,701 of 100,565
I always try stock tips first. While the stock tips are average in quality at best, they are kinda on the flimsy side but do seal correct on my ears..Another reason why I like using stock tips on most earphones is the fact that you can change the intended sound using other tips. Tips with big sound holes like these JVCs need bigger holed tips to produce the full sound.

Usually using a Sony hybrid on a wider nozzle ends up restricting the sound a bit. Complys are generally the most comfy and usually do not restrict any type of intended sound. So I would use the stock ones first and if those don't give the best seal for you. Complys are awesome but also cost as much as the earphones themselves.

May 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #1,702 of 100,565
Quote:
I always try stock tips first. While the stock tips are average in quality at best, they are kinda on the flimsy side but do seal correct on my ears..Another reason why I like using stock tips on most earphones is the fact that you can change the intended sound using other tips. Tips with big sound holes like these JVCs need bigger holed tips to produce the full sound.

Usually using a Sony hybrid on a wider nozzle ends up restricting the sound a bit. Complys are generally the most comfy and usually do not restrict any type of intended sound. So I would use the stock ones first and if those don't give the best seal for you. Complys are awesome but also cost as much as the earphones themselves.

I am using the stock tips medium size and they fit in pretty nicely but I have to make sure I don't push them all the way in. Otherwise, the bass is restricted a lot more. I used to have CX300's before and I would push them all the way in. Is it supposed to be not fully inserted?

May 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,703 of 100,565
Well you can usually tell when they are firmly in no? I mean you can't push that in until your ear drum hits the nozzle I don't think. If you are getting a good sound from what your doing now. It shouldn't be a problem. It is when the fit is not tight or loose is when any earphone is not going to sound right.

I would do at least a weeks worth of burn in to see what you get..

May 26, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #1,704 of 100,565
Quote:
Well you can usually tell when they are firmly in no? I mean you can't push that in until your ear drum hits the nozzle I don't think. If you are getting a good sound from what your doing now. It shouldn't be a problem. It is when the fit is not tight or loose is when any earphone is not going to sound right.

I would do at least a weeks worth of burn in to see what you get..

I'm burning them in right now, about a bit higher than regular volume on a continuous playlist. Did a few hours yesterday, listening to them today and will let them keep going for the night and do that for 3 or 4 days every night. Should be right. I find it funny, I read most of this thread yesterday as I was planning on buying new earphones and I am so glad I found it. Otherwise, I would've bought something totally not worth having like... *gasp* Apple earphones lol. So thanks for the tips and the help. Keep it up

May 26, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #1,705 of 100,565
Well you did good for sure.And your timing is perfect. Both these earphones are so new people still have no idea about em even for headfiers.  Not all earphones you read about here at headfi are worth what people say but @ $16 or so who cares. If they sound good to you and let you enjoy your music. What can you say about that. I suppose it is easier to take a risk on getting these $16 cheapos than taking a chance on $100 earphones that might or might not deliver for you.. Let us know how they are turning out for you. I think the burn in process is a fun one. Something I kinda enjoy myself.

I don't care if some of you guys don't believe in burn in. Or think it is a myth.. It is fact...Both these earphones sounds will improve with burn.. Especially the FX40.

May 26, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #1,706 of 100,565
Quote:
Well you did good for sure.And your timing is perfect. Both these earphones are so new people still have no idea about em even for headfiers.  Not all earphones you read about here at headfi are worth what people say but @ $16 or so who cares. If they sound good to you and let you enjoy your music. What can you say about that. I suppose it is easier to take a risk on getting these $16 cheapos than taking a chance on $100 earphones that might or might not deliver for you.. Let us know how they are turning out for you. I think the burn in process is a fun one. Something I kinda enjoy myself.

I don't care if some of you guys don't believe in burn in. Or think it is a myth.. It is fact...Both these earphones sounds will improve with burn.. Especially the FX40.

I got them for 29.99 and taxes because I live in Canada and it freaking sucks here. Overall, I am enjoying them. I did not have the chance to compare them to the FX1X unfortunately as I never bought that particular set of IEMs but, the sound was really good out of the box. Also, the bass is very prominent as advertised but what surprised me most was that I could hear the voice of the singer very well. I did hear some crackle a few times (maybe crackle isn't a good word). I'm expecting the sound to be much better after the burn in process. I cannot wait! I also will buy the Soundmagic E10 :)

May 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #1,707 of 100,565
Be careful. You start buying this and then buy that. Next thing you know you are sitting on 30 earphones and 10 headphones. It happens just like that. Lol!.

Absolutely no comparison to the old FX1X. Don't even be curious about them. Those were fun for being a big bassy earphone last ear for cheap but these leave those behind in every single way except mid bass punch..These have a proper sound.. Those kinda don't. These sound like what you can expect from good $80-$100 earphones not $16 ones. . The FX1X is what you can expect from good $25 cheapo bassy earphones.

May 26, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #1,708 of 100,565
Be careful. You start buying this and then buy that. Next thing you know you are sitting on 30 earphones and 10 headphones. It happens just like that. Lol!.

Absolutely no comparison to the old FX1X. Don't even be curious about them. Those were fun for being a big bassy earphone last ear for cheap but these leave those behind in every single way except mid bass punch..These have a proper sound.. Those kinda don't. These sound like what you can expect from good $80-$100 earphones not $16 ones. . The FX1X is what you can expect from good $25 cheapo bassy earphones.
Hahaha it's true!

May 26, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #1,709 of 100,565
fx40 excitement over here.
let's see how they compare to the sm2 I've got on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back