The discovery thread!
Jan 14, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #706 of 100,672

Quote:
Well I finally ended up donating my Isurus to a workmate who's an avid gamer, since they just weren't my cup of tea. I really like the SHE3580 on the other hand and think they're great budget IEMs for the price, especially for low volume listening.

I Would love to listen from you, some considerations, about TT compared to FX700 that are too, a open IEM like TT.

I'm not hoping that you say they are equal, but i want to know far is it, if for me would make a great upgrade.

with Isurus, I discovered that I am a big fan of huge soundstages with good detail.

Lust dont listen Isurus, before a good and hard Burn-in, mine only began to be audible after 100 hours, i think.

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #707 of 100,672
Just received the Isurus a couple of days ago and right out of the box they sound pretty good!  I do not have a lot of experience with IEM but I like them better than the Meelectronic's and the Nuforce Ne 6 I have used in the past. The soundstage is very impressive and I do not find them overly harsh.  I will begin the burn in process and report improvements.  My only disappointment as others have stated earlier is that the mic and controls do not work with my Iphone 4 which is very important to me.  I find it annoying to plug out headphones to take a call.  It seems these have some quality control issues as some have no problem with the mic and controls. I may have to exchange mine and hope the pair I get in return will work. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #708 of 100,672
Dsnuts, check this out on your Isurus and GR07 and tell me what you think. The audio isn't the highest quality, but it'll do.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #709 of 100,672
That track is an instrument EXPLOSION is what that is. That sounds awesome sauce on the GR07. Impressed! Sounds great with the isurus as well.

Here's one for ya.. The legendary Celia Cruz..Take a listen to this one. Fun track

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #712 of 100,672
I am thinking there are some cosmetic changes and just new model name change but the SHE3570, SHE3580, and the SHE3680. .They all seem to have the same sound just minor cosmetic changes seem to be the differences on them.

@ eke2k6. I am getting hooked on these Gr07s. They sound awesome on my desktop rig.  Listening to them now.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #713 of 100,672
I bought the she3570 and physically they do appear to be the same but come with black tip. I don't have the 3580 to compare with but they sound great for the money and with a little eq they sound even more natural. 

Thx to Dsnuts for finding these and Joe Bloggs for the eq info.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #714 of 100,672

Quote:
Are you sure you didn't just turn the volume up higher after changing the tips?
confused.gif

Lol at $6.99 I'm sure plenty of people will jump onboard.  Who knows I know that quantitatively tips definitely change the sound of phones, I just haven't heard that change correspond to that kind of change in perception before.

I know it sounds crazy too that for zero dollars flat you can get yourself a custom parametric EQ to make any of the phones recommended here sound out-of-this-world heavenly even with stock tips--heck, more of an improvement than any tip change I've heard or even changing to any other set of 'phones I've heard--yet this is exactly what I'm hearing.  Got myself another Philips--the SHE8005, a with-mic version of the new 8000.  I don't even know how to put the unEQed sound in words anymore... all I have to say is that they sound just as good as everything else I have now (SHE3580, SHE9620, Etys) after EQ.  I would write a full profile on them but no one even responded to the last profile I wrote on the 9620.

People seem to have no interest at all when I claim the EQed SHE3580 outperform the $200 Etys, but everyone seems to be on board for any hardware mods... be it changing tips or anything short of completely taking the phones apart.  I wonder where this mentality that software mods are inherently inferior to hardware mods comes from?

Does anybody doing these mods even have any idea beforehand how the mod will change the sound?  Can the mods be pulled off with enough precision that channel matching won't be affected?  How many of these mods are reversible, so that you can go back and confirm that the sound actually has improved?  Heck, if these mods actually improve the sound why weren't they incorporated into the original design during the manufacturer's R&D to begin with?

With sine sweeps and parametric EQ I am precisely measuring the deficiencies of any given pair of headphones on my ears and precisely compensating for them, more precisely than any hardware mod could.  With EQ the possibilities are endless... perhaps too endless, such that the learning curve is too steep for most people to handle and many end up not improving the sound but the opposite... god knows I've spent 10 years fiddling with EQ and only now have gathered enough knowledge to consistently improve the sound of headphones by ear.  I'd love to share that knowledge, if anyone's interested... apparently not
redface.gif
Or I'm just not able to put it in words attractive enough to, er, attract people
redface.gif

/rant
tongue.gif

Hi Joe,

thanks for your great posts re: para EQ. However lots of us don't listen to music via a computer, but via portable devices (such as my Rockboxed Sansa Fuze), so the software needed to do what you do is completely lost on us. I would love to see a tutorial from you on setting EQ up via Rockbox sometime however.

Cheers

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #716 of 100,672
Dsnuts

Can you listen to the following song using the isurus and the 3580 and compare them.

Especially at 2:16 mark, when the treble of the percussion is coming in line I find the Isurus extremely harsh and almost unbearable. The quality is not the best in the youtube but I was listening the actual CD today. I am going to order the jbud tips today, will they take care of this harshness? Can you compare your isurus with various tips and let me know which one is the best fit to get rid of the harshness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQEmHqQpB0

Faithless: Tarantula

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #717 of 100,672
They are damn great for little cash no?  I was listening to my SHE3580 this morning on the way to work. The smoothness is unheard of at this price..It is amazing to me just how well they eQ as well. You guys need to try some simple eQ tweeks. Added bass for the bassheads. Add a bit of treble for added sparkle or both like I do.. Surprisingly great little phone.

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #718 of 100,672

Quote:
Dsnuts

Can you listen to the following song using the isurus and the 3580 and compare them.

Especially at 2:16 mark, when the treble of the percussion is coming in line I find the Isurus extremely harsh and almost unbearable. The quality is not the best in the youtube but I was listening the actual CD today. I am going to order the jbud tips today, will they take care of this harshness? Can you compare your isurus with various tips and let me know which one is the best fit to get rid of the harshness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQEmHqQpB0

Faithless: Tarantula

Try comply foamies.  These do a great job in taming the highs on the isurus. I took them off of my Gr07 to try and on that particular tune. These complys work perfectly. My Jlab tips works well but amps the sound a bit so it dont help the lively highs on that tune.  Go for the complys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back