The discovery thread!
Jan 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #646 of 100,505
I just did some A/Bing. I think the XePort 5010 is a great deal and for bass lovers even a better deal as you can tune the bass to your liking. I actually prefer the comfort and sound of the Philips better..The philips sound more musical to me. The 5010s mids are much more forward than the SHE3580..Bass levels on both are not too far off.

The black plates just put the bass on overdrive on the Xeports but the She3580 the bass is very satisfactory and I truly doubt anyone will complain of the lack of bass on the SHE3580. The overall music presentation of the Xeport 5010 is more in your face and thicker sounding. These are crazy as sound is indeed proper on them but a bit dry sounding compared to the lusher sounding SHE3580.

It might more or less come down to sound preference.. If bass is more your thing than the Xeport 5010 wins. They come in a box with 3 tips sizes..No case but if you buy one other earphone from their web site. They throw in a case I think. I ordered the 5010 and the 3010 and got a free case. They might throw in a case for one order but I am not sure.

If a more laid back balanced smoother presentation is more your thing the SHE3580 is the better phone.. Heck they both cost a total of $25. Get both. Lol!

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #647 of 100,505

Well judging by the overall build quality i might go for the 5010. And the more in your face sound does it mean the soundstage is smaller on the 5010 compared to the 3580?

Quote:
I just did some A/Bing. I think the XePort 5010 is a great deal and for bass lovers even a better deal as you can tune the bass to your liking. I actually prefer the sound of the Philips better..The philips sound more musical to me. The 5010s mids are much more forward than the SHE3580..Bass levels on both are not too far off.

The black plates just put the bass on overdrive on the Xeports but the She3580 the bass is very satisfactory and I truly doubt anyone will complain of the lack of bass on the SHE3580. The overall music presentation of the Xeport 5010 is more in your face and thicker sounding. These are crazy as sound is indeed proper on them but a bit dry sounding compared to the lusher sounding SHE3580.

It might more or less come down to sound preference.. If bass is more your thing than the Xeport 5010 wins. They come in a box with 3 tips sizes..No case but if you buy one other earphone from their web site. They throw in a case I think. I ordered the 5010 and the 3010 and got a free case. They might throw in a case for one order but I am not sure.

If a bit more laid back balanced smoother presentation is more your thing the SHE3580 is the better phone.. Heck they both cost a total of $25. Get both. Lol!

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #648 of 100,505
Soundstage is very satisfactory on the Xeport it isn't wide but more closer to a mid sound stage but ample ..Vocals sound more louder compared to SHE3580. The mids are surprisingly full and forward on the Xeport 5010 which for bassier earphones are not too common.. The build quality of them are fantastic for the cost but one bit of warning. It seems there is a bit of a QC issue on these back plates they give you. The polished, silver, black plates should all screw in the same but I have a hard time with the black plates. And ri-toast could not screw in the black plates at all as his was defective all together and had to get new ones. 

Overall yet another great value for the money.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #649 of 100,505
the 9700 is another WINNER! thanks dsnuts... they came in today, they are definitely a step up from the 3580, bigger soundstage, smoother bass, better cable... burning them now so should get even better... I like my xeport 5010s especially the build and bass, and it's a package, but I think the Philips does some things better like it's more open, better panning, layering seperation. if your after pure bass, check out the awei esq5 7.00us on eBay, killer bass! OMG THESE GAVE MY EARS A SERIOUS WORK OUT! they have other models too like awei es 800 I'm kind of interested in this one. dsnuts my wife is getting pissed at me I'm up to 8 pairs of head phones because of you! when is it that you have too many... Im kind of curious though about trying a higher end phone to see if I'm missing something compared to these affordable iem, any suggestions? what I should try?  oh yeah the putty stuff radian custom ear mold, I picked up on eBay, 10.00...

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #650 of 100,505
Ya those SHE9700 I think sound freaking unreal for the price imo.. They sound like a higher end SHE3580. I say enjoy what you have my friend.. So what if you have 8 phones. They are cheap but offer fantastic value. You get that kinda curiosity and start drifting to other threads and you will soon find yourself sleeping on the couch. Lol!..

Enjoy what you have for now and do a lot of research and reading here at headfi. Reading Jokers comprehensive iem reviews is a good start. I just purchased a GR07 myself and have a EX600. I think for a bit higher quality sets both these fit my needs. I am more satisfied with my cheaper stuff than most I suppose. I am very happy with my isurus my she3580 my she9700.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #652 of 100,505
Got my SHE3580 yesterday from Amazon for about $9.  For the price they really are incredible.

I also have a pair of TF10s that have been my main earphones for a year or so now.  However, as they're *huge* it's impossible to wear the earwarmers Chicago winters demand while listening to music.  Hence my search for low-profile yet good-sounding earphones that led me to this thread.

The bass is great - perhaps not as controlled as the TF10, but actually digs deeper and hits harder.  The TF10 has the edge in mids and highs, specifically harshness, but this only seems to rear its head in particularly complex music - hard rock and metal, etc.  For many genres they're mind-boggling good when factoring in price.  For bass-heavy genres like rap, hip hop, r&b and various dance music they actually might be better than my TF10 due to the aforementioned bass attributes.

They're also quite comfortable - tiny, so you almost forget you're wearing them.  The cable is pretty much garbage, but I suppose you can't expect too much from a $9 headphone.  I think I'll probably make these my main walking-around headphone and leave the TF10 at work.

*NOTE: the above opinions are based on using the bi-flange tips that came with my old pair of RE-ZEROs.  The stock tips are not very good.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #653 of 100,505
Why is treble  growing with burn-in in Isurus? funny.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #654 of 100,505
Okay, after around 100 hours of burn in (left them home playing for days).

I decided to critically listen to them. I think the price tag made me not enthusiastic about listening to them. But anyway, what we have here is a true gem. Using the stock tips. They're really good at detail retrieval, and is slightly bright while bass takes a slight dip (it does have good slam though). The midrange is near perfect but it does seems behind at times. I listened to speed metal on it and it works wonderful. I think they're worth 4-5 times their price based on this listening test. As for gaming, they suck, but I think I can't use IEMs for gaming.

With dolby headphone (DH2), I can't pinpoint anything in Call of Duty 4. It's better with regular plain ol' 2 channel stereo, it pick up footsteps fine, which I think they were made for.

Oh I almost forgot, EX600 comparison, I haven't compared them side by side, but the EX600 seems to have a bigger soundstage and detail retrieval is about the same. They sound quite similar.

EDIT: While they sound great, I doubt they're a rebranded AT. It's just pure coincidence if the look and sound similar. I think it was really designed to be gaming grade stuff, (bright treble) to sniff out detail. It just works as good for music as well.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #655 of 100,505
Me too, after several experiments with different Tips and mods, also returned to the stock tips, but with foam underneath that i put in, like most stock tips sound, perhaps because they are open.....and also take off, the metal mesh.

After almost, force the ear with everything, to isolate ..... come to the conclusion that the lack of isolation is not due to tips, but the design of the Isurus.... CK99 also suffers from lack of isolation .....and simbilance is just, with some kind of stuff like CK99, but almost never have, in Queen best of album i have some, all my rest albuns dont have simbilance.

is only a matter of enjoying the Isurus, in spaces without noise .... for the rest, I love it.....Great and cheap IEM.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #657 of 100,505
Got my Jlab double flange tips. My intuition about these was right. Perfect sound and fit on them. $6.95 on Amazon with free shipping.. I noticed the difference in size from mid to large is pretty drastic. Large is LARGE. But I have medium/ large sized ears so these worked out for me. The Medium sized worked for me as well. Wow on more listen to Hiphop. These are what the Isurus should have came packed with. The sound is perfectly balanced with the slammin bass lines..Perfection for the isurus.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #658 of 100,505

Quote:
Soundstage is very satisfactory on the Xeport it isn't wide but more closer to a mid sound stage but ample ..Vocals sound more louder compared to SHE3580. The mids are surprisingly full and forward on the Xeport 5010 which for bassier earphones are not too common.. The build quality of them are fantastic for the cost but one bit of warning. It seems there is a bit of a QC issue on these back plates they give you. The polished, silver, black plates should all screw in the same but I have a hard time with the black plates. And ri-toast could not screw in the black plates at all as his was defective all together and had to get new ones. 

Overall yet another great value for the money.

the replacement set set by haoye of xeport out of California was perfect. the bad set was an anomaly, i think these are just as good as the vb hippos i had. At one fifth of the price of the VBs the XePorts are a bargain. i can't directly compare the two because the hippos (after a year) broke. i'm using the grey plates and bass is plenty strong. i did use rockbox eq function and went -10 at 120hz, i left the 20 hz where it was and for some genres it suit my listening pleasure. isolation with the XePort 5010s and some monster gel tips is above average for a dynamic driver.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #659 of 100,505
My SHE9700 just came in, this is some quality bass.  It doesn't thump or punch as much as I would like, hope it improves in the next week.

Also, the right driver makes static noises whenever I turn the plug around the jack.  It was $10 I guess.

Very impressive soundstage though.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #660 of 100,505
Try eqing up the bass to your liking. I bet you can get it to thump very hard.

@everyone with isurus. Seriously. These are awesome on the isurus.This may sound strange but. These amplify the great sound of the isurus. It sounds like I threw my MP3 on a little E6. Amazing. I am going through my library of tunes and all of it sounds more fuller.. More body to the sound almost like an amp would do..Completely worth getting these. I am using the medium sized tips and OOOOMMGG!! The sound is stunning using these tips!..Better than the Melec double flange..Somehow the sound has even more body using these..Magic just Magic!!

Man I just can't get over how awesome these sound. I know you guys have trusted me in the past. YOU all have to trust me on this newest revelation..I threw on my previous tips that I thought was the best on the isurus the JVC HAFXC51 tips.. OH man there is BIG difference.. These make the isurus sound out of this planet great. I ask you guys to trust me again. Get some of these ear tips. It isn't just a slight sound change guys..I can honestly say with these tips you guys will have yet another What moment!..Ri-toast.. Trust a bro. Get some of these. You tell them!. I am listening to a Super refined version of the TT isururs.  Cleaner more dynamic highs. Smoother fuller mids..More bass slam and sub bass. Just using these tips! DO it that's an order!! I think with these tips. The EX600 just got out done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back