The discovery thread!
Jan 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #632 of 100,507

Quote:
was planning on doing this, I have the putty to do it aleady! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Where you buy the putty.?. Here is a little tip that will help get better sound for the isurus. I noticed with my JVC HAFX51 tips I use they have a smaller sound hole than the actual tip size.. SO what I would do is when it's time to puncture your hole.. Make a smaller one and see how it sounds..

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #635 of 100,507
I see a couple of people have mentioned that the Isurus has more dynamic bass than the SHE3580s. My question is, do the Isurus have the incredible extension that the Phillips have? I'm willing to give up some "in your face bass" to have the awesome sub-bass of the SHE3580s. I can always EQ the rest back in.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #636 of 100,507
I hear both the Isurus and Philips to extend about equally down low. The difference is really not in the reach but emphasis where the Philips has more kick in the sub bass. This does grab your attention as the nice trait of the Philips. Similar to a phone like the DUNU Hephaes which does the same thing calling more attention and focusing its emphasis lower down. The Isurus is more even across the bass range and that is where the Philips beats it providing more feel down low as compared to rest of the bass range.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #637 of 100,507

Quote:
I see a couple of people have mentioned that the Isurus has more dynamic bass than the SHE3580s. My question is, do the Isurus have the incredible extension that the Phillips have? I'm willing to give up some "in your face bass" to have the awesome sub-bass of the SHE3580s. I can always EQ the rest back in.

Get yourself the SHE9700 and I think you will be happy with the sound on these.. These are tuned better for overall sound of the She3580. the tonality of the sub bass on these SHE9700 is unbelievable. Super high quality bass and not only bass but the overall sound is just awesome. Even though the bass on the newer version of the SHE9700 the SHE9750 is the biggest by far.  The overall clean and better balance of the SHE9700 makes them a clear upgrade over the newer version the SHE9750. Now for anyone that wants BIG bass and are willing to sacrifice some clarity and detail of mids and highs. Try a SHE9750..These are BASS all the time always! 

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #639 of 100,507
People of Isurus, try this;

Remove the metal mesh

Use Stock tip, one size up

Put foam rolled inside, from a thin mouse pad, for example (with this i can now  adjust Isurus in my ear)

Additional you can emove the metal mesh.

I think diferents tips, dont improve SQ, just give us diferent signatures, better between then, depending of kind music.

My Isurus, is growing with burn-in.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #644 of 100,507

Quote:
they werent always that much. I got a few a ways back for 40 or 60... maybe i can get you a pair to test.

Ya I read how guys were getting them for 50 or so. I only wish they were that much now. I would try one in a heartbeat. I am completely sold on these cheaper Philips earphones. The SHE3580 the SHE9700. 

Quote:
Now Xeport 5010 vs SHE9700 for impactfull bass for hip hop and rap genre mostly.

I can tell you the Xeport might have the bigger bass but I am willing to bet those can't touch the SQ of the SHE9700. If you listen to the the whole body of the tune you will be able to tell which has the better SQ. I think the SQ of the SHE9700 is exceptional. Crazy for the cost imo..

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #645 of 100,507
what about the xeport 5010 vs she3580 which one has the better SQ? and does the xeport come with a package or is just in a plastic bag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back