The discovery thread!
May 16, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #101,761 of 104,027
Good to see @Tamizhan 's fav cca Rhapsody back in the chatter. He was its long time pimp!
Haha...guess I'm late to the party, after an all night burn-in via the rarely used Cayin N3 DAP they sound amazing. Percussion that was spiking before, between 1-4KHz, has now smoothed out & the mids are now more prominent. Hence the stage has become more engaging & more immersive/musical. Plus tracks on an older DAP - that has been sidelined (in the virtual "wooden" box) now take on a new life. I had to re-check some track names - twas' almost like I'd never heard them before...bonus !!

May 16, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #101,762 of 104,027
Still waiting for the simgot SuperMix4. I'm hyping that one up in my head so much now 😂 I just learned today that PZT driver here seems to be similar to the vibrating ceramic plates in Unique Melody IEMs. It seems to vibrate the shells rather than pushing air in the nozzles.
That makes the EM10 exciting too. But it'll still be for treble only I guess. Not wideband ones as on UM.
FB_IMG_1715872020066.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #101,763 of 104,027
The nylon is used to tune the recent KZ even though they said they use zobel circuit for tuning, but nope, they still use that nylon filter for tuning and that reduce the quality of the bass like usual. The old KZs are using metal grill with similar nylon filter underneath that grill
Thank you very much for the explanation!

Now, as a result, I find their choice even more perplexing. Previously, the nylon filters were "shielded" by the metal grills, protecting them from both physical damage and dirt (such as earwax, sweat, and dust). However, now they are practically a magnet for both, and this compromise overall durability. The more I think about the reasons behind this choice from KZ, the more nothing comes to mind other than an oversight or an attempt to cutting corners.

I sincerely hope they come up with an alternative solution, because this easily fixable issue in otherwise well-crafted IEMs - at least for me - cheapen the experience.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #101,764 of 104,027
TINHiFi T5S.

I don't see many mentioning this one, but it might just be my new favourite single DD I have tried. Admittedly, I have not tried many expensive single DD sets yet, but nonetheless, an amazing performer.

Let me burn these in before saying much more. Fits like a glove.

1000013423.jpg
The amount of IEMs being turned out these days is staggering, can hardly keep up, but I’m all for it. We’re bound to find a winner.

May 16, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #101,769 of 104,027
When I got back from work I had my two IvipQ cables in the mailbox.
One of them is the IvipQ-143, the cable I tried to promote a little bit during the sale because it was really cheap for what it offered. I see the price on that now is €124 and I got it for like €37.
The other is a hybrid between two cables they offer. Haven't really listened to them yet because I feel a little tired for really in depth listening. But I thought I'd share a picture and say that they are beautiful cables.
PXL_20240516_141845229.jpg

Also does someone require a case? I might have issues...
PXL_20240516_141910674.jpg

May 16, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #101,770 of 104,027
I’m listening to this album introduced by Darko. It sounds awesome with W4 and Explorer.

The bass is so satisfying.

6A1ED961-96B5-4734-A4C0-E8AFCDAACA97.jpeg

I think this IEM either “scale” with more power or quite transparent to the source. I prefer it with W4 more than R3ii
Stop Making Sense! A perfect live record and movie.

Damn the Explorer looks legit. Very nice for the price.

May 16, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #101,771 of 104,027
I thought you are a professional musician in Singapore 🤔

Look who landed today.

Some key points:
  • The shells are small and comfortable. The faceplates look better in real life.
  • Nice bass
  • Nice stage. The shape of the stage somewhat reminds me of magic one with the midrange standing half a step back
  • The tuning is easy going and correct, again kinda like Magic One. No shrill, no sibilance even with Ed Sheeran’s “shivers”
  • Note attacks have a softness to it similarly to magic one. The details at the tail end of the note is good.
It’s a solid IEM.

Edit: it’s impressive how much sound we can get with less money nowadays.
Quick question: From your initial impressions, what does the Explorer offer if you already own the MagicOne? Is there something that really differentiates it? I'm tighter than two coats of paint, and I don't want to spend even $100 on something that sounds similar to my MagicOne.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #101,775 of 104,027
TINHiFi T5S.

I don't see many mentioning this one, but it might just be my new favourite single DD I have tried. Admittedly, I have not tried many expensive single DD sets yet, but nonetheless, an amazing performer.

Let me burn these in before saying much more. Fits like a glove.

1000013423.jpg
I think the first one to talk about them here was @Redcarmoose. I recently submitted my review of them and I agree that they are a set to enjoy. They are my quick choice when I take the V3 out on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back