The discovery thread!
May 10, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #101,116 of 102,839
Well, sound comes from the IEM, so it would depend what you joined it to. But with the Himalaya it’s great, as there is no-way NiceHCK would shortchange themselves there. It really feels and sounds like a flagship cable. To comment on sound, I guess I would place it in the warm but purely non-colored category? That’s the Himalaya in a nut-shell too! :)

The Himalaya is neutrally warm! Just ever so slightly warm and balanced! Cheers!
Thanks! Will try it with Avalon and Baldr. Warm can be good.

May 10, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #101,117 of 102,839
Just swinging by, been meaning to work on a Dusk review but I've been dragging my feet on really getting impressions on all the presets. But, in the mean time, I got the Xuan NV and have been floored by how much I enjoy them. So, yeah, here's my Review in case anyone's interested.

1000032135.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #101,118 of 102,839
That weird feeling when you a/b a $150.00 IEM and the $25.00 TRN ST7 and you realize in many aspects, the TRN has better technicalities, transparency, and instrument separation/spacing. The advancements are staggering.

May 10, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #101,119 of 102,839
May 10, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #101,120 of 102,839
I need an IEM to bring me into this world:

Amazing album released many years ago on the very missed Sending Orbs label. What’s your budget ?

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #101,121 of 102,839
That weird feeling when you a/b a $150.00 IEM and the $25.00 TRN ST7 and you realize in many aspects, the TRN has better technicalities, transparency, and instrument separation/spacing. The advancements are staggering.
For what it’s worth, I’m already in love with the ST7.

I can’t believe that they are able to sell this IEM for just $25 without losing money. 2DD and 5BA, perfecly balanced tuning and, as you’ve already mentioned, the technicalities are extremely solid. What stands out to me the most about them is their ability to be very detailed while also sounding pleasantly smooth. TRN has outdone themselves here.

P.S. And I swear to God, I'll never believe a FR graph again. Look at this! How can this mother****er possibly sound this good!? 🤣

TRN ST7.jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #101,123 of 102,839
One of a kind album! Budget doesn’t matter, I’ll just sell more if it’s something I have to have lol.
Here are my recommendations based on how I like this album.

- Canpur CP54e
- FiR RN6
- Kinera Verdandi
- AlphaOmega RA
- Oriveti OH700VB

May 10, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #101,124 of 102,839
Question for you reviewers that I know are in this thread. What do you do with earphones that you don't really need after the review? Say you got a sample, and you weren't a major fan of it.

I'm just curious as I have a few samples and I don't want to bend or break any guidelines of the forum.

May 10, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #101,125 of 102,839

I can’t believe that they are able to sell this IEM for just $25 without losing money. 2DD and 5BA, perfecly balanced tuning and, as you’ve already mentioned, the technicalities are extremely solid. What stands out to me the most about them is their ability to be very detailed while also sounding pleasantly smooth. TRN has outdone themselves here.

P.S. And I swear to God, I'll never believe a FR graph again. Look at this! How can this mother****er possibly sound this good!? 🤣
TRN ST7.jpg

Am I the only one that sees
1715377952336.png
Shrek in this graph?

May 10, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #101,126 of 102,839
Question for you reviewers that I know are in this thread. What do you do with earphones that you don't really need after the review? Say you got a sample, and you weren't a major fan of it.

I'm just curious as I have a few samples and I don't want to bend or break any guidelines of the forum.

You can give them away, just not sell them for profit.

May 10, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #101,127 of 102,839

Well, for me anyways I hold onto them and after a year or two if the manufacturer does not want me to send them back or if the item you reviewed is completely obsolete. There is no rule that says you can't give them away. So that is what I do. I give old samples of stuff past a few years. I would assume by then, said manufacturer has probably moved on to hopefully better offerings. But unsaid rule is to, never sell a review item for any profit of any type.

I know past reviewers that have gotten banned due to trying to sell items and got caught. Always assume review items are the property of the folks that sent them to you. If and when they are obsolete than there is no harm in gifting items to loved ones or not so loved ones. Lol.

May 10, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #101,128 of 102,839

TRN ST7.jpg
That looks scary for me but I'd be interested in hearing them.

You lend them to your friend, thaslaya, for further reviews of course. 😉

May 10, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #101,129 of 102,839
tip rolling always ends up like this...
1715378814880.png

May 10, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #101,130 of 102,839

Users who are viewing this thread

Back