The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #99,616 of 100,507
Hello everybody. I would like to ask if the following condition is normal request from linsoul for replacement.
"Please take a video of destroying the *** (use a hammer, stone, or other tools). Once you provide the video, we will ship a new one to you after confirmation"
lol wat

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #99,617 of 100,507
Hello everybody. I would like to ask if the following condition is normal request from linsoul for replacement.
"Please take a video of destroying the *** (use a hammer, stone, or other tools). Once you provide the video, we will ship a new one to you after confirmation"
Yes, common in AE too. It's to prevent users from using the defective item again to get another replacement again in the future.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #99,618 of 100,507
Yes, absolutely yes. It is their only insurance to prevent speculative claims, since I assume that the claimed product will never be returned to them.

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #99,619 of 100,507
That's Linsoul customer service in full swing for you. They seem to be one of the worst. Like what are you going to do with a extra IEM? Last time i counted we only have 2 ears.

So silly they need to be better!

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #99,622 of 100,507
Many Chinese vendors are like this and demand some videos dancing around the problem.
Standard stuff, I heard it as such too. They know you can't do anything with one, and in this way you're not abusing the system. It's sad though because it's e-waste. I mean, if one side doesn't work, it's already e-waste, but it might stay in your drawer a bit longer.

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #99,623 of 100,507
I bought a Geek Wold GK10 from Penon and it was faulty. I had to destroy it and take photos before theÿ replaced it. The replacement was perfect.

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #99,624 of 100,507
Not that bad 😂 turning on the DSP seems to stress the system more than DSD.

Listening to this combo today. I’m surprised how much this IEM is hated. Any positive review on linsoul website is downvoted to hell. The collab train is running to the ground?

Me? I think this is quite good sonic wise, and impressive from the tuning expertise perspective. I mean KiwiEars managed to force a single DD to hit the same FR curve as Monarch II up to around 6-8kHz, without any electronic crossover or nylon filter. That’s seriously impressive because usually DD does not sound like that.

Whoever designed the shells should be reprimanded though. I’m convinced that a greater portion of listeners have not been able to fit these properly. If you hear this IEM to be hollow in the lower mid and weirdly “stretched out” beyond how the Monarch II midrange sounds, it’s likely you have a shallow and leaky fit, even if it feels that the ear tips grip your ear canals.
I’m def curious to try the Singolo. I love the other two Kiwi Ears sets I’ve tried (Orchestra and Orchestra Lite). Kiwi Ears seem unafraid to put some variety into the market, while at the same time they don’t just throw pasta at the wall to see what sticks (like many others do).
I will soon start writing a review for Singolo and it will be mostly positive. I cannot figure out why the fit seems to affect so many out there, they really dont seem to be shaped weirdly in any regard as far as I can tell.
As a newb to the market, I’m quickly discovering that nearly every aspect of an IEM hits every person differently (tuning, shell fit, ear tips, nozzle dimensions, ear hook shape, and on and on). We’re all practically designing a custom IEM with each new set we acquire (or at least completing the design process).

IEMs are more like clothes than electronics. Designers can’t make a truly “universal” fit. Like with clothes, you have to learn which brands, styles, etc, work best with your specific body type. And we all have to become our own “tailors” to get a truly proper fit.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #99,625 of 100,507
Certainly. For example, if I remember correctly, the Dunu S&S worked for Zeos due their length.
I wonder if the Coreir brass tips work? Anyone can test?

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #99,626 of 100,507
Thank you all for the support. Even if a product doesn't work anymore, breaking it with hammer or stone seems wild. I guess it's better this way to let go, instead of hoarding useless stuff. I guess the old phones lying in the drawers would be next.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #99,627 of 100,507
I like it a lot! I have been mentioning that for a while, but no one has been paying attention to it. Good for them. :ksc75smile:

Should I skip then FD7 and go for FA19?
Can you briefly compare these two?

So, it's probably the best way to see if IEMs have the bass that suits you.
I might change some opinions about certain IEMs :)
Interestingly...here, I don't hear the bass problem with the Trio that I heard in previous music that I have listened to.
This isolated bass is probably easier to comprehend and evaluate. Hmm... damn, Trio :))
It does sound kind of George Benson's Ibanez...which is good, not a bad thing :)

Cheers!

It's because the EA2000 is OLD hat in this fast moving and never pausing to smell the flowers world of IEMs. The EA2000 came out, and reviews were positive to lukewarm, so the world moved on, despite these probably being a worthwhile purchase? You have to catch them immediately, or you get left behind.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #99,628 of 100,507
I will soon start writing a review for Singolo and it will be mostly positive. I cannot figure out why the fit seems to affect so many out there, they really dont seem to be shaped weirdly in any regard as far as I can tell.
Short nozzles. They affect me. The OD200. Quartet. Cadenza. I'm sure there's others? S&S tips can help, but they add a lot of bass and dampen sparkles.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #99,629 of 100,507
Seems fair.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #99,630 of 100,507
Just placed my Hiby R4 order.. can get an extra 10 bucks off if you subscribe to their email list to use instantly. $239 including shipping.

edit - link broken idk man

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back