The discovery thread!
Apr 21, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #99,466 of 100,571
Thanks. I also ordered them, on AE, so there's still some time left till they arrive. Tbh, I'm very reluctant to mess about with the MMCX connectors, they seem very flimsy. One of my IE900 is already quite loose. Thankfully the bespoke Brise cable seems to attach more firmly. I don't think I'll ever take it out again. :)

I was even thinking to get a set of MMCX to MMCX adapters, if they exist, keep one end permanently attached to the IEMs and attach cables to the other. I'm sure this had been tried before, any opinions?

It’s not a bad idea - Nancy has 0.78 to 0.78 so I don’t see why not MMCX to MMCX as well. But despite their small size, they add a bit of height to the connectors which can be awkward or uncomfortable for long term use. I’m a serial cable roller but when it comes to MMCX, if I find a pairing I really like, I’d seriously consider keeping it on permanently.

From my experience it’s the cable side of the MMCX connector that has failed more often, in that it no longer makes proper contact with the IEM side and no sound comes out. At least, it tends to happen before the connector gets loose enough for me to notice.

Those IEM's are so beautiful. Supermodel IEM lol

Ngl, their looks are a big part of what made me spring for them. That as well as the glow in the dark tips.

And they’re so comfortable I could wear them for hours and not feel them, which is another reason why their design is so brilliant.

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #99,467 of 100,571
For those who like loads of bass, I can heartily recommend the ARTTI R1. Got them from AE for less than 70 Eur. I ended up pairing them with an ISN G4 cable, as they were too bassy for me. Not very detailed, but a nice change from the rest of my collection.

20240415_132931.jpg

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #99,468 of 100,571
For those who like loads of bass, I can heartily recommend the ARTTI R1. Got them from AE for less than 70 Eur. I ended up pairing them with an ISN G4 cable, as they were too bassy for me. Not very detailed, but a nice change from the rest of my collection.

20240415_132931.jpg
This is a fun-sounding IEM. Powerful enough to get you pumped up for training sessions haha. I enjoyed a set few weeks ago.

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #99,469 of 100,571
Linsoul selling the KZ for $55.00?! I got the KZ and the TRN for approx a couple bucks extra. Same free shipping, and the TRN has already been shipped. Two for under $60. Yeah, you'd have to be foolish to make that purchase at that store.

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #99,470 of 100,571
HBB x Blon Z300 is quite the musical affair with my DX170. I never really used this combo much, because I typically reserve that for my higher tier IEMS, but while my other gear was on the charging station, I decided to pull them out to listen to some pop music. This is a rarity as I'm usually listening to metal, and I just don't feel the Z300 is suitable, but for pop? Yeah, it's a beautifully presented musical experience. I'd say even more musical than the Quartet or Cadenza, which are excellently musical budget sets. Now when I switch to the A17, it's not quite as pleasing, as the treble becomes just a tad more "aggressive" in the upper mids, so it loses the musicality, but thru the DX170, it's been so much fun.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #99,472 of 100,571
KZ ZS10 pro 2 - comparisons:

1. Old ZS10 (my first KZ IEM, about 6 years ago): surprisingly, treble of ZS10 is not that bad and is still adequate, while the bass is loose/tubby, and the new generation of KZ DDs offers so much more. I do not have ZS5 or 6 (Andromeda imitations were not to me), but I can tentatively project that Pro 2 may be into your alley, if you are into more refined treble.

2. ZS10 pro is so much classic to me with its unapologetic relentless KZ V.
Pro 2 keeps its heritage: both are great with guitars, especially electric. Pro original is definitely more brazen with its more penetrating/steely treble. Pro 2 is more refined in the treble. Bass of ZS10 pro 2 is more punchy while comparable in its sheer intensity, and balancing the treble well (e.g. compared to CCA 10 pro).

3. CCA10 pro - while bass may be better compared to ZS10 pro, what does not seem to work for this IEM - is the balance between the treble and bass (a bit too much treble even for my high tolerances).

4. ZS10 pro X is a really capable competitor of Pro 2. X treble is handled by 30095 and is more penetrating/steely. Pro 2 treble is more refined and smooth, while still prominent. Bass is very much comparable - hard for me to call the winner. Mids are a bit more balanced on Pro 2.

5. Trio. Trio is another strong competitor, which feels more cozy and intimate compared to Pro 2. I do understand why many like Trio. If one likes Trio, and not fond of rich treble - Pro 2 may not be the way to go. If both Trio and treble are liked - Pro 2 can offer more openness, range and stage.

6. Rhapsody. Not "it" for me due to too much of midbass mostly and too gentle trebke as well. Having the same BAs, to me ZS10 pro 2 nicely inproved on Rhapsody in featuring more prominent treble and much better tight bass with more sub-bass.

7. ZAT. On a different level to me for the resolution (and I like ZAT's more reserved bass as well). Cost-effectively, ZS10 pro 2 is really great at nearly 1/3 of ZAT price.

8. Symphony. A different animal with its mighty bass added to a planar. Symphony is definitely a new exploration to KZ, while ZS10 pro 2 is the refinement of what worked very well beforez and a very good one.

Overall, ZS10 pro 2 is a great IEM to my ears along ZS10 pro reknowned heritage.
ZS10 pro 2 is definitely not any "segment killer" by any means, IMO, (Trio may be more suitable for this role), but a great IEM that many (very many, I sure) will enjoy. I can only imagine my KZ journey starting with ZS10 pro 2 instead of original ZS10! (though I did learn a lot working outthe fit and realizing bass limitation with ZS10 on a positive side :)).

I did place an order for ST7 yesterday. Now, after an excellent ZS10 pro 2, I kind of regret it (Head-Fi is very conducive, and my storage space for 120+ IEMs and stuff is getting to its limits....)
My bias is that ST7 won't be up to ZS10 pro X/2 or, let alone, ZSX/ZAX. In any case, I will report my impressions when I get ST7.
Yea in my old KZ purchasing days, the ZS6 was the pinnacle for a while. I got the ZS10 and was sorely disappointed. It sounds very "reference" and flat compared to the exciting ZS6 and it was also hard for me to get a good fit. The PRO 2 model I just bought will be my first ZS10 since the originals and I have high hopes. Not that my ZS6 really needs to be replaced... it still sounds shockingly good... I almost prefer it to the Symphony on some songs. But so far, I think the AS24 is still the king so far... even though I think that on some songs it sounds a bit too refined vs exciting.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #99,473 of 100,571
1713734291059.png

The way these things look. Their sound easily matches it. Got this over the weekend. The sound of this thing is on another level. They have tuning switches. Not too many options as it is literally two switches. One for bass and lower mids and a 2nd for trebles. Each switch gives another take on the Voltage sound performance. Penon has been working on this thing for over a year. The end result is a stunner in both looks and sound. This is a clear example of Penons ability to tune a tribrid for maximum sound. The switches here is not a gimmick but an actual option. I will have much more to say once I get them fully burned in but for now. These have taken over my hearing time and getting to know such a masterclass of a sound is a treat beyond any measurement. I always thought Penon folks actually listen to music as their tunings are so agreeable with my own likes in a sound signature. These so happens to be both neutral balanced and a mild V at the same time. Just an absolute masterpiece of an IEM. Folks that love them some higher end sound. These will fit the bill easily.

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #99,474 of 100,571

The way these things look. Their sound easily matches it. Got this over the weekend. The sound of this thing is on another level. They have tuning switches. Not too many options as it is literally two switches. One for bass and lower mids and a 2nd for trebles. Each switch gives another take on the Voltage sound performance. Penon has been working on this thing for over a year. The end result is a stunner in both looks and sound. This is a clear example of Penons ability to tune a tribrid for maximum sound. The switches here is not a gimmick but an actual option. I will have much more to say once I get them fully burned in but for now. These have taken over my hearing time and getting to know such a masterclass of a sound is a treat beyond any measurement. I always thought Penon folks actually listen to music as their tunings are so agreeable with my own likes in a sound signature. These so happens to be both neutral balanced and a mild V at the same time. Just an absolute masterpiece of an IEM. Folks that love them some higher end sound. These will fit the bill easily.
I think they will cost less than Impact, but won't be inferior at the same time? Too bad nobody is talking about SoundRhyme Prado these days. :sweat:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #99,475 of 100,571
I think they will cost less than Impact, but won't be inferior at the same time? Too bad nobody is talking about SoundRhyme Prado these days. :sweat:
I'm more interested in the 2 DD 4 BA 4 EST sound rhyme they teased that was essentially a retuned DTE900 with 2DD...That thing needs to hurry, they said not much more expensive than the DTE900 too!

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #99,479 of 100,571
They announced they were doing a phone awhile back.

I really wish… any other company was making this lol, considering that 2 months after every Moondrop product launch, you hear stories of it being broken.

Hopefully this inspires other companies to follow suit.
Maybe an established DAP maker like Hiby could give it a shot? They already look like phones so what's one more added feature lol
Man, I like these a lot. Another little gem for $30ish...I have a gold version :)
And I like their cable, too, it looks nice and feels nice...
Not harsh sound, more gentle and bass is good, not weird...

Cheers!
The Z300 have great build quality and a neat aestetic but for me they were just bassy and that's about it. For being as cheap as they are at $35 I wasn't expecting much but I was still a little disappointed tbh.

Apr 21, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #99,480 of 100,571
Maybe an established DAP maker like Hiby could give it a shot? They already look like phones so what's one more added feature lol

The Z300 have great build quality and a neat aestetic but for me they were just bassy and that's about it. For being as cheap as they are at $35 I wasn't expecting much but I was still a little disappointed tbh.
I don't find them bassy per se, in the sense of bloom, but the reason I think they aren't game shifters in the budget realm like the Blon BL03 is because the bass isn't well defined. It's kinda...non-descript. It's there, but it just doesn't have much speed or resolving power. It's much more resolving up top, and have great timbre, but that's not the way it performs down south. Still, for simple pop music, I likey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back