The discovery thread!
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #98,941 of 100,565
$400? My enthusiasm for the 7HZ Aurora just plummeted. The competition in that price range is nuts.
Your right on that so many bangers sub $200 right now good luck 7hz at double that

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #98,942 of 100,565
-1088326425-915695117.jpg

So, some thoughts about Myer SLIIVO SLT6.
This is full-BA IEM. All information you can find here. I bought it for $346 during last spring sale.

Not review, just theses
Very detailed.
Switchers really work although a difference isn't day/night.
It's a monitor in down/down switchers configuration. In Up/Up variant it's quite funny a bit V-shaped sounding.
My favorite configuration is Up/Down: best for jazz, fusion, metal music - with quick punchy bass, without an excessive dark on the low mids.
Mids are a bit dryer and thinner then I like, but overall I can't complain.
There isn't any noticeable bright pinna gain, so it's very pleasant.
I never heard before such detailed treble. It's airy, sparky and it has enough weigh. I start to love treble! :)
The decay rate is quite quick. A warm source (i.e. RU7) and a cable can help to make the decay a little longer.
With Penon Totem adapter SLT6 sounds much better: more natural and warmer tonality, wider and deeper stage, more precise imagine and layering, better deeper subbass, more airy treble, much better dynamics (very good anyway), more body of notes.
Just by changing switches SLT6 become versatile tool for both the monitoring and a relaxing listening to the music.
I'm using stock cable only because I can't insert any other cable due to small sockets I guess.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #98,943 of 100,565
Your right on that so many bangers sub $200 right now good luck 7hz at double that
This x1000, I was kind of all in on the Aurora assuming it would be similar in price to the Quintet, I was always meaning to snag a Quintet on sale to have a "detail monster" but I thought the Aurora would be a suitable replacement but for sure skipping that until further notice.

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #98,944 of 100,565
-1088326425-915695117.jpg
So, some thoughts about Myer SLIIVO SLT6.
This is full-BA IEM. All information you can find here. I bought it for $346 during last spring sale.

Not review, just theses
Very detailed.
Switchers really work although a difference isn't day/night.
It's a monitor in down/down switchers configuration. In Up/Up variant it's quite funny a bit V-shaped sounding.
My favorite configuration is Up/Down: best for jazz, fusion, metal music - with quick punchy bass, without an excessive dark on the low mids.
Mids are a bit dryer and thinner then I like, but overall I can't complain.
There isn't any noticeable bright pinna gain, so it's very pleasant.
I never heard before such detailed treble. It's airy, sparky and it has enough weigh. I start to love treble! :)
The decay rate is quite quick. A warm source (i.e. RU7) and a cable can help to make the decay a little longer.
With Penon Totem adapter SLT6 sounds much better: more natural and warmer tonality, wider and deeper stage, more precise imagine and layering, better deeper subbass, more airy treble, much better dynamics (very good anyway), more body of notes.
Just by changing switches SLT6 become versatile tool for both the monitoring and a relaxing listening to the music.
I'm using stock cable only because I can't insert any other cable due to small sockets I guess.
This is my favorite all BA set bass is standout as well.

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #98,945 of 100,565
This x1000, I was kind of all in on the Aurora assuming it would be similar in price to the Quintet, I was always meaning to snag a Quintet on sale to have a "detail monster" but I thought the Aurora would be a suitable replacement but for sure skipping that until further notice.
I'm not sure I would say the Quintet is a detail monster. I'd give that title to something like EA500LM or maybe the EA1000 (though I haven't personally heard this one). Quintet is a good set to be sure but I heard more detail on EA500LM.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #98,948 of 100,565
Where did this I/O Volare IEM come from? All of the sudden every audio channel is doing a video on it and I don't recall seeing it in here. 1 DD 4 BA 4 EST for $600..

1713044230450.png
I\O Audio seems to be Shenzhen Audio's answer to Linsoul's Thieaudio. I received a review unit and it's competitive/worth the money at the $600 price point, not a giant killer or anything like that though.

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #98,949 of 100,565
Off-topic but potentially very rewarding...

If you guys ever have some time to spare, I've found that it's nice to look over the various unanswered threads here on Head-Fi. As we've all been helped along our own journeys in the hobby, it's gratifying to help others along theirs. :slight_smile:

Some requests are pretty general in nature, but often times they can get oddly specific, requiring more specialized experience. As we're a fairly diverse group, you never know, you just might have the answer that solves somebody's problem, or unlocks a pivotal revelation.

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #98,950 of 100,565
https://a.co/d/d7g922w
Was at Ollie's today and happened to see these Aiwa Train in-ear wireless earphones... for 7$ (they're 30$ on Amazon) I didn't expect much but the Aiwa products from the 2020s before they got bought out by Sakar sounded quite good (Aiwa prodigy air 2 TWS, Aiwa Arc-1 Wireless headphones) On the new Aiwa website, they don't post any info about the sound specifications of their audio equipment anymore, which I thought was a bad sign, and I can confirm that these Train earbuds are not worth 30$, and just worth 7$ because at least they're bluetooth. They come with rather narrow-bore silicone eartips which make them sound very muffled. The sound quality improves just slightly with some wider bore tips I borrowed from my collection.
Note: I did not bother to burn these in haha
Bass: Predictably, this is the best part of these earbuds. These sound like a Skullcandy or mass-market type of bass boost. Testing out with some EDM with bass boost was kinda fun... they're quite capable in this department, but sadly, that's about it!
Mids and vocals. The best I can say is warm... Even with wider bore eartips, voices sound muffled, and even some piano notes sounded unnatural.
Highs: Not more than the essential level to hear cymbals, etc. They're not super recessed, but compared to the Prodigy Air 2, not impressive. Even when I boosted treble when playing some Owl City, the highs still didn't sound very sparkly like they should.

In short, I would not recommend these really unless you want to buy a super cheap Bluetooth headset for... I don't know. basically to treat them like a disposable camera? haha. They sound like an airplane earbud they'd give you, maybe in business class haha, with more bass. Even worst KZ in my collection, the ancient RX sound leagues better then these Aiwa garbage and probably cost me about the same.

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #98,951 of 100,565
The ChiFi landscape is changing. What once you had to pay $800 for you can get in 2024 for so much less with incredible sound.

Some seriously good bangers out there
$25 EPZ Q1 PRO
$75 ARTTI R1
$100 EA500LM NiceHCK F1PRO
$200 Pula PA02 / SLIIVO D41 & SL41
$250 DUNU Falcon Ultra, Oriveti OD200
$400 Meyer-Audio SLT6
$550 Alpha Omega RA
$ 700 Oriveti OH700VB , Plunge Audio Unity
So many more great choices .

Sounds like the DaVinci going to also slot in there at another good price point.

Great time to love music.
Meanwhile this has got all my attention and I can't get enough under $200.
Put this one on your radar.

Blowing my mind $190
MEYER-AUDIO SLIIVO SL41 1+4

😀 Another flavourful of amazing tuning from One of the best tuners in China working with Meyer-Audio
😀 Organic Viseral Bass
😀 Zero Bass Blead into Mids
😀 Incredibly clean and detailed mids
😀 Just the right amount of energy In the Upper Mids
😀 Perfect balance of fun and technical performance
😀 Treble and extention that makes Instrumental and vocals simply ummmmmm!
😀 One of the nicest included cables.

🫣 New recessed 2 pin Cable makes using your some bit not all your favorite cables a challenge.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #98,953 of 100,565
Apr 13, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #98,954 of 100,565
the only discovery ive made at axpona was how far kz has come along with their drivers. i would even prefer the trio over trifecta. the trio does everything better.1000802368.png
Well, for one, Kz/CCA actually tuned this IEM well 😉

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #98,955 of 100,565
the only discovery ive made at axpona was how far kz has come along with their drivers. i would even prefer the trio over trifecta. the trio does everything better.
Since I haven't heard anything in 500$ plus range (iems), I can only wonder, but that Trio is quite awesome indeed. The price has dropped further, and I have just ordered 3 more: one for me in case these fall apart and 2 to gift.

The only annoying thing about gifting iems to people who don't have iems is the lack of 3.5 mm slots in phones. They end up using it in laptop slot straight. So in recent past, my iem gift was the Tanchjim One with DSP usbc. This time am hoping these guys like the Trio so much that they get a dongle eventually and enter the rabbithole! Let me see how it unfolds.

Waiting for the new kz 10 pro 2 (or whatever that name is) to hit my country.
Will get em.

Axpona is something like Canjam stuff, am guessing.

Right now, on the CCA Trio: https://songwhip.com/agalloch/ashesagainstthegrain

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back