The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #98,326 of 100,324
Tanchjim 4U

1712029915268.jpeg

based on the image it seems it have recessed knob to control the bass amount?
---
so we evolve from on off switch, to 4-step rotating switch and maybe we may get 16 step scroll wheel tuning next?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #98,327 of 100,324
so we evolve from on off switch, to rotating switch and maybe we may get 16 step scroll wheel tuning next?
iPod scroll wheel PEQ

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #98,328 of 100,324
so we evolve from on off switch, to 4-step rotating switch and maybe we may get 16 step scroll wheel tuning next?

Evolve? Reminds me of the Senn ie80!

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #98,329 of 100,324
How does it compare to the IE600? Or IE200 at least. Best single DDs in their respective price brackets for me :)
Wish I could help, but the Sennheiser models never been in my ears.

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #98,330 of 100,324
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #98,331 of 100,324
April Fool's joke.

Today's weekly pokemon IEM release is the K***A PRO MAX ULTRA MK666.

72acbd08b0a9141188ec55c0d9b178ea.jpg

It is a built like a tank, fashioned from catfood-grade tin. The silvery tin is so polished, it can even reflect the sun into your eyes and attract attention on the streets!

The cable is a PVC-lined 100000-core shoelace from a Dr Marten's shoe from the dollar bin shop, very supple with no microphonics! It is detachable, so you can go find any aftermarket fishing line or shoelaces should you wish.

Very easy to drive and kick this can down the road. It can be powered off a weak toaster, or even thru a legendary Apple dongle.

Importantly, its selling point is this gold-lined exotic driver. This is very hollow with a diameter of 40 cm. Extremely large to move even more air and to provide superb echoey acoustics!

Sound wise, it has an extremely metallic timbre to please our ardent timbre freaks. Very sibilant, so those with hearing loss can still hear the metallic overtones in all its fine glory. No bass at all, so don't worry about bass bleed.

The frequency response is from 1 Hz - 60 kHz, so even our bat and dolphin friends will love it!

And best part, is it beats all $1000 IEMs under the sun. Everyone must get one! Including your dog, cat and pet hamster!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #98,332 of 100,324
Tanchjim 4U

1712029915268.jpeg

---
Old Sennheiser IE80 trick?!

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #98,333 of 100,324
April Fool's joke.

Today's weekly pokemon IEM release is the K***A PRO MAX ULTRA MK666.

It is a built like a tank, fashioned from catfood-grade tin. The silvery tin is so polished, it can even reflect the sun into your eyes and attract attention on the streets!

The cable is a PVC-lined 100000-core shoelace from a Dr Marten's shoe from the dollar bin shop, very supple with no microphonics! It is detachable, so you can go find any aftermarket fishing line or shoelaces should you wish.

Very easy to drive and kick this can down the road. It can be powered off a weak toaster, or even thru a legendary Apple dongle.

Importantly, its selling point is this gold-lined exotic driver. This is very hollow with a diameter of 40 cm. Extremely large to move even more air and to provide superb echoey acoustics!

Sound wise, it has an extremely metallic timbre to please our ardent timbre freaks. Very sibilant, so those with hearing loss can still hear the metallic overtones in all its fine glory. No bass at all, so don't worry about bass bleed.

The frequency response is from 1 Hz - 60 kHz, so even our bat and dolphin friends will love it!

And best part, is it beats all $1000 IEMs under the sun. Everyone must get one! Including your dog, cat and pet hamster!
You are so much onto real something here!

Only since it is a passive device totally enhancing the sound of already existing IEMs - including the totls, and especially mostly total totlz, it is more into the "cable domain", plus most of true audiophiles would just frown on less renowned K***A makers!

So low and behold: after the years (and tears) of the painstaking audio research - the mega ultra uber colllab of the afffect-audio cables, several small reknown boutiquies makers, including UUMZ, MUMZ and LULZ, with badz boi, cring, grz-auduo, bz-audio, tammy and tummy.
The product will introduce the ultra special litz twist of the lace, careful tuning of the acoustic cavity to the most fashionable recent curves, thundering lows of the canz to please the most infernal musical libraries - and that is all just a scratch of the mighty list of totalzy exciting developed features.

With the device samples sent to all major indepedent reviewers, the glowing accolades will downpour buzzing and raving on how this elaborate revolutionary device near-magically enhances the sound of even $10 IEM "so darn close" to tolz - so it will be the instant hit and sold-out.
Inspired and desiring audiophiles would have to sign-up for 6-9 month wait lists due to manual tunimg and polishing of those cavities with the in-house developed and audio-enhanced endoscopes (special collabz with Simpsonz)..
After the basic tin model -copper, silver, gold, rhodium, palladium (and surely all the totalz alloyz) upgrades will follow to forever transform the IEM market!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #98,334 of 100,324
You are so much onto real something here!

Only since it is a passive device totally enhancing the sound of already existing IEMs - including the totls, and especially mostly total totlz, it is more into the "cable domain", plus most of true audiophiles would just frown on less renowned K***A makers!

So low and behold: after the years (and tears) of the painstaking audio research - the mega ultra uber colllab of the afffect-audio cables, several small reknown boutiquies makers, including UUMZ, MUMZ and LULZ, with badz boi, cring, grz-auduo, bz-audio, tammy and tummy.
The product will introduce the ultra special litz twist of the lace, careful tuning of the acoustic cavity to the most fashionable recent curves, thundering lows of the canz to please the most infernal musical libraries - and that is all just a scratch of the mighty list of totalzy exciting developed features.

With the device samples sent to all major indepedent reviewers, the glowing accolades will downpour buzzing and raving on how this elaborate revolutionary device near-magically enhances the sound of even $10 IEM "so darn close" to tolz - so it will be the instant hit and sold-out.
Inspired and desiring audiophiles would have to sign-up for 6-9 month wait lists due to manual tunimg and polishing of those cavities with the in-house developed and audio-enhanced endoscopes (special collabz with Simpsonz)..
After the basic tin model -copper, silver, gold, rhodium, palladium (and surely all the totalz alloyz) upgrades will follow to forever transform the IEM market!
Don’t give the industry idea

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #98,335 of 100,324
NICE HCK Black Cat 2.5mm balanced came today. What a lovely cable. With KZ PR3 and this piece of music, brilliant! Just £10 on Ali Express!

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #98,336 of 100,324

TINHIFI P1 MAX II​

NEXT-GENERATION 14.2 MM PLANAR IEMS
  • Next-Generation 14.2mm Planar Driver & Premium Sound Quality
  • Lightweight & Comfortable
  • Exquisite Appearance
  • High-Quality Cable With Replaceable Design

Regular price$139.00 USD
Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 6.55.52 PM.png

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #98,337 of 100,324
Tanchjim 4U

1712029915268.jpeg

---
Yeah this isn't an evolution, they're just doing what JH Audio has been for the longest time with their cables.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #98,339 of 100,324
Tanchjim 4U

1712029915268.jpeg

---
Are these lines just a part of the marketing artwork or are they supposed to represent how much bass you can remove with the tuning dial?? I guess it's NOT4ME.

1712066582907.png

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #98,340 of 100,324
Tansio Mirai TSMR-FEAT

TSMR-FEAT is the newest IEM from Tansio MIrai that brings something new and unexpected from the group. What you guys have to understand is that these guys are not really known for their bass driven sound. Nope if there is one trait for the group that stands out. That would be how they tune for trebles more so than the low end. Tansio Mirais sound tuning has traditionally been about the trebles and all the sound aspects that audiophiles enjoy with a full bored treble end. However they have always had good to excellent bass for their IEMs as well.

The TSMR-FEAT uses dual knowles BAs for its mids and trebles and dual coaxial dynamics for its bass performance. The first thing I noticed beyond just how good looking these IEMs are is that they no longer use the Tansio Mirais switch system they have used on every single IEM they have made till now.

However this one signature they have used on the TSMR-FEAT happens to be a good one. In true hybrid fashion. We get the technical leaning precision and imaging associated with BA performance but then they added these outstanding coaxial dynamics to handle its bass performance.

I am gonna guess that the new FEAT will be sold at a lower price bracket than the TSMR-X. Safe to say as these are not exactly going for a better TSMR-X. What's interesting here is that I can hear the family resemblance to the TSMR-X especially on the bass boost 1 switch but there are a few aspects about the FEAT that are different.

Folks that have never heard a Tansio Mirai IEM before and you're a bass fan, these might be a good place to start. For the guys that own the TSMR-X do you need to get this one? Nope not really. Well that is unless you feel the need to get a more simpler bass driven version of the TSMR-X for out and about. And or your just a huge fan of what Tansio Mirai has been cooking up lately and have to have them all.

The TSMR-FEAT is all about giving the listener a true hybrid presentation. It's not masking the fact that it uses BAs for its clean detailed sound presentation or its push pull coaxial dynamics for its brawny bass end. This is a sound that maximizes what both types of drivers are good at. On one end you get a sound bore connected to the dual BA that throws out the mids to trebles the other sound tube is connected directly to dual 8 mm carbon dynamics that are stacked on top of each other in dual push pull configuration. It looks similar to what the TSMR-X is using for bass with a vent out the back of the shells. I can see tonal and cohesive purists not liking this one as Tansio Mirai is not hiding a damn thing when it comes to what both these types of drivers are doing for the sound here.

One firm warming, the bass end was more than brawny out of the box. It's clearly a sub bass focused sound but had a burly presentation out of the box I was not ready for. I can literally hear the bass end tighten and is starting to get better definition now that I have had 50 hours or so of burn in. The bass end on these definitely needs a good run in before they start to sound correct.

What is interesting about these is that this is Tansio Mirais idea of a fun tuning. For folks that make IEMs dedicated for audiophiles that means these are bassy but also has a clean detailed sound tuning out of the box. Its clarity is on point but is nowhere near what the prior Tansio Mirai Sands or the Lands represent. These are the least treble focused Tansio Mirais to date actually. That bit of extra treble energy Tansio is known for is now focused toward the bass end. The balancing of the treble and the mids are closer to the recent TSMR-X more than anything they have brought out in the past. Where the sound cranks up a notch or two is in the bass department.

Its bass end is burly, rumbly with a slower realistic sub bass decay. They sound like subwoofers in the ears. These are pushing at least 8 dbs if not a bit more so toward the lowest of the lows. It is interesting when I first heard the bass end I could have sworn it was closer to the 1 switch on the TSMR-X but the more I listen to these they are actually tuned a bit like the reference 2 switch than the 1. It might be due to how impactful the sub bass is but it's not shy about bringing the bass. Let me put it that way. I can hear the air pushing the subs to new depths on this one. Before you ask. I don't feel the quality of the bass on the FEAT is up there with the TSMR-X. It has a slightly darker bass tonal character in comparison. Which provides a different contrast from what the TSMR-X bass end is doing. On the opposite end they don't have the same treble emphasis or the extension of the TSMR-X either. Which again brings a bit more attention to the low notes on this one. The good news there is that its bass is cleanly separated from the mids performance, helped out by utilizing a single bass bore to the ears separated from the mids and treble BA.

Let's get this out of the way. Really the TSMR-X is at a different level vs the FEAT in SQ and its overall presentation. I am assuming the FEAT will be a cheaper hybrid and hopefully one where most folks can afford a set.

Where the sound is engaging for the TSMR-X the FEAT has this going for it as well. But I can see a bit of a different scenario for the FEAT. TSMR-X is more of a home IEM, more refined and boutique in the way it presents sound. The FEAT on the other hand makes for a perfect out and about companion. Reason why I say this. The bass end on these are wild! Its sub bass performance you have to hear to believe. It is remarkable just how much these sound like real subwoofers. Its passive isolation is above average as well which helps you hear all of its glorious rumbly bass.

The contrast of clean well imaged mids and treble with a full bored sub woofer like sound profile is what the TSMR-FEAT is about. If any of you guys owned the old GR07 back in the day. These are like a modern day version of those but actually has dimensional qualities to the sound profile and not so flat sounding like the GR07. None of the treble spikes associated with that monitor as well..This one is a much more refined experience in comparison.

Audiophile bass IEM? You bet. In a way the FEAT is focusing its sound on some of the better aspects of what the TSMR-X does but using less drivers. Sound is not as airy or as spacious as the TSMR-X, they don't have the same type of sound separation or the detail level either, you have to expect that as it is using 2 less BAs for its sound.. However it shares some similar aspects like balancing, and shares similar tonal qualities. What is surprising here is it retains much of that holographic sound presentation of the TSMR-X, which in turn allows the same ability to be able to pull off accurate acoustic and orchestral listening but is obnoxiously great for EDM, rock metal and hiphop just like the TSMR-X.

The crazy thing about the FEAT is that you can’t tell just how brawny the bass end is until a tune clearly has some subwoofer engagement. Meaning it has some very clear clean mids. Which I don’t think can work with just how much bass these things have from something like a single dynamic using a single sound channel for example. Folks that like clean sound tunings should love these things but then when the subs are engaged. Get ready to rumble!

This bass ability makes for an ideal IEM for out and about not to mention will be ideal for gaming and media watching due to its technical level and bass emphasis.

Bass here is tuned a bit differently than the bass end of the TSMR-X, while both are using carbon based dynamics and both are using that push pull configuration. These sound a bit more closed in by nature and dbs per db actually sounds more impactful, has just a bit more physical nature to its impact and rumble. Don’t know if it is the venting driver that was used on the TSMR-X but these are not quite as well controlled, I don’t feel the bass end here is sloppy on the other hand.

Bass can and does get burly, definitely has more sub bass vs mid bass If I put the bass quality at a 8 out of 10 for the TSMR-X I would put the bass end at a respectable 7 out of 10 for the FEAT. Sub bass on the FEAT is where these become straight smile inducing experience. Its addictive rumble is shocking at times and has a slow decay for its sub bass rumble like a real subwoofer. As brawny as the bass can be, it is once again the control aspect for its bass which is clearly there. The bass for the FEAT has actually grown on me and you know you're dealing with a colored sounding IEM when other IEMs I go back to sound like they have weak bass in comparison.

I think if these came out before the TSMR-X I would have been head over heels over this one but as things stand, the TSMR-X has been making waves and I have a feeling it will be Tansio Mirais most popular IEM to date for a good reason. I do believe the TSMR-FEAT is a younger brother to the TSMR-X and as such there are a lot of striking resemblances to its sound formula.

So how does the TSMR-FEAT slot in the scheme of things? Well it gives a good solid 85% sound performance of the TSMR-X and it will be interesting to find out what prices these will be sold for. If I am a guessing man, these are easily competitive in the $300 price level but could be sold for less.

Its less aggressive treble balancing actually makes for easier listening while maintaining that clean mid range, Tansio is known for. The mids are positioned very similarly as the TSMR-X and this one is not for folks that like a more forward warmer mids profile. It's more neutral in its mids presence but still has that dimensional quality to the mids that becomes addictive to listen to.
If any of you guys reading this was curious about what the fuss was about on the TSMR-X. Depending on what price these will be sold for. This is a very good option to get yourself a legit audiophile bass infused IEM.

Several negatives on this one, for folks that are curious about them but feel the TSMR-X is a bit too spendy for you. The TSMR-FEAT will make you curious about the TSMR-X. On the other hand it is most definitely competent enough of a sound on its own with its own flavor.

It has two contrasting tonal qualities, clean and dark at the same time. I feel cohesion has improved greatly since burning them in but it would be difficult to have this much dynamic bass emphasis for BAs to jive with tonally. If you have a 2.1 or 5.1 system at home you might get a good idea of how the sound projects in the ears for this one. Short nozzles, yes these have short nozzles. I had to revert to using a double flange which brings forward the mids and trebles a bit forward for better balancing. Otherwise I am waiting to find out what these will be sold for. In the end these are true audiophile bass IEMs. You want your detail and imaging a clean sound signature with a low visceral rumble? That is exactly what the TSMR-FEAT are all about.

just placed my order there......given the fact that all things been reading lately on this one, brings in mind my latest purchase... the brilliant ISN NEO 3 ....and all in all....listening for the last month only to NEO 3 have to mention at this point that this has to be my all time favorite tuning from exactly anything i ve heard till now at this hobby.....
....funny thing is.. and strangely enough may i say..(as long as TSMR company goes..) and as far as i can recall things right ...a few years ago (late 2017 think so...) i had purchased their first attempt at this business ....their first set named TSMR 3... and (trust me on this one..) as far as BASS department goes.. that set (swear to god) obtained the absolute lightest bass response in the entire planet !!!!!! at least to my ears ............
how things change at this game....these days.....(and from what i ve been reading lately) this must be a completely different sound approach coming from TSMR these days....
anyway...in any case anyone is interested to get a taste of how NEO 3 sounds like.... here's my recently revised review for this ISN gem from the ISN MASTERS : ISN NEO 3

20240221_175214.jpg

Attachments

• 20240221_175928.jpg
    20240221_175928.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back