The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #98,251 of 103,509
What's good about em? Things that stands out and appeals to you?
Hmm, I am not an audiophile, and I am not good at dissecting sound.
I have an overall opinion and no interest in this and that.

I am also a gourmand. I don't have a favourite food; I love all food as long as it is well prepared.
It's the same with sound. And these are well prepared.

So, after this introduction...I am free to say...they are just good to me!!! Hahahaha.
Ok, I will make a not-so-famous to me comparison, which I usually do not do...
but these are a little brother to Sony MDR Z1R.:scream::scream::scream:

They are good at everything. They are not bass monsters, but if there is an extended bass in a song, you are going to feel it.
Details...sharpness, clearness...body. Exciting!!!

Yes, if you are doing an A-B test with Sony...it could be...are you maaaad, these two are similar???

But if you don't...man, this is it.

I have a 4.4 mm jack installed, and they have tunings with jacks. I liked 4.4 mm from the start, so I didn't even bother to try others.

This is the road...Fiio FD11--->Simgot EA2000--->Sony MDR Z1R

Ok, these are apart with triple jumps...but joy...huh...I am enjoying these three when I am listening to music...a lot :)

Was I good??? N0000000 :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Cheers, Boss! :wink:

P.S. I know that Taslaya would not like this!! :)
But only because he said that he prefers too warm and lush...dull sounding IEMs :)

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #98,252 of 103,509
Have you had the opportunity to compare them with the EA1000?
Unfortunately, no...the same as you...the first Simgot that I have bought, might be the only Simgot for a longer period :)
I have lots of other stuff on my mind at the moment...headphones again :)

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #98,253 of 103,509
Apr 1, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #98,255 of 103,509
It's so strange that Simgot EA2000 didn't find more love.
I bought them just because everyone else was hyped with other Simgots.
And I am so glad that I did...they are just amazing IEMs.

Cheers!
The only thing they should have improved is the bass quantity on it, which they improved with the EA1000. The implementation is nearly same with a passive radiator on both in addition to the dd driver. However, the bass on the two iems are quite different in quantity. EA2000 has a good cable though it’s mmcx connection. Everything else is really good to my liking. It sounds more open and has better soundstage than EA1000.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #98,258 of 103,509
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.56.46 AM.jpeg

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #98,260 of 103,509
Moondrop Dusk

I'm curious/concerned that Moondrop will re-use the:
  • H.O.D.D.D.U.S.- Horizontally-Opposed 2DD Module Based on 3D Printing Technology

Which, IMO, was not appreciated by Dusk fans

While I don't normally put too much weight behind FR graphs, this is an apples:apples, as it's the same (per Crinacle) HODDUS driver. Looks like less mid-bass, in the new Dusk

1711989487654.png

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #98,261 of 103,509
Read my review on Tanchjim Origin here: https://headfonics.com/tanchjim-origin-review

We have seen quite good releases in the single dynamic driver space in the past few years. In the current market, there is some good competition from IEMs such as Simgot’s EA1000, Oriveti OD200, and the DUNU Falcon Ultra.

Tanchjim has released quite a decent pair in Origin, which not only holds a strong position among the other IEMs but also sets a benchmark for soundstage and technical capabilities. With a very sleek design language, good tuning, and a decent price tag, Origin is an easy recommendation.

IMG_9347.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg
But it falls down in technicalities, accessories, Stage, dynamics, the nozzles are a gimmic and do nothing to change the tuning? And then there is the price!
Recommended?

Apr 1, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #98,262 of 103,509
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #98,263 of 103,509
Moondrop Dusk

While I don't normally put too much weight behind FR graphs, this is an apples:apples, as it's the same (per Crinacle) HODDUS driver. Looks like less mid-bass, in the new Dusk

It does have slightly less mid bass yeah, but more sub bass.

Also has a much better ear gain. MVDSF tends to be too shouty for me.

The Dusk tuning is right up my alley.
IMG_2913.png

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #98,264 of 103,509
But it falls down in technicalities, accessories, Stage, dynamics, the nozzles are a gimmic and do nothing to change the tuning? And then there is the price!
Recommended?
I don't think it falls down in technicalities. It's good in technical aspects. I think the stage is pretty good. Nozzles do not change much, which I have mentioned in the review as well, and that's a thing with a lot of iems where there are tuning nozzles. Rest, I love the sound on it. It fits well, it's not sharp-tuned, and the bass is good. I find it better than the Falcon Pro. The only thing I find missing is the cable's 4.4 mm termination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back