The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2024 at 5:09 AM Post #98,236 of 103,223
Just tried the Titan a couple of days ago, decided to wait to see what still remains after getting hyped quite a bit then.

This is really a basshead's bassy IEM, crazy how much subbass this delivers. It is really not to my cup of tea, but I can see some people will be extremely pleased with it. Despite the earwax-dislodging amount of bass, the texture is preserved and I can hear the BAs trying really hard to match the insane bass levels.

Will definitely revisit them again at Canjam!
Hey there! How is the fit? Same as Helios or rather Helios SE? And how is the midbass? I do prefer a bit of a dip there and most bass power from the Subbass hehe

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #98,238 of 103,223
This looks so so so so much better than the Dusk 2. Scared of the fit though hahhaa
Dang they are beautiful
And they come with DSP cable as well
I wonder if it is a specific one, or if it just the same of the May

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #98,240 of 103,223
Apr 1, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #98,241 of 103,223
I have used it daily for more than 1 year, it is an excellent device.

Then it broke down, I had it repaired and after a while it broke down again, and I left it there.

And I miss it.
I really miss its analogue volume control.
The wheel is fun, sorry to hear about your issue. :frowning2:

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #98,244 of 103,223

Well, there's something that bothers him with this iem.
The fact that the final tuning goes through a USB audio cable with a DSP bothers me a lot. Of course, it's "the last 5%" (+ all you can do with this DSP and the app, so the 5%...) but it's a cable that I will never use given the equipments I have (DAPs, dongles etc..).
So, I have the impression that this model is made for a category of people which I do not belong.
I wasn't really thinking about buying it but you know... we will see the results with the different reviews.

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #98,245 of 103,223
If the Monarch Mk 3 and the Helois could be had for $899, which one would you choose?
As much as I love Helios, I would say Monarch III. Less risk with fit and comfort.

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:24 AM Post #98,246 of 103,223
If the Monarch Mk 3 and the Helois could be had for $899, which one would you choose?
I own the mmk3 and previously owned the Helios SE. Completely different tunings so depends what you like.

The Helios SE is more detailed and resolving but can sound dry. The MMK3 has substantially more mid bass.

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #98,247 of 103,223
Read my review on Tanchjim Origin here: https://headfonics.com/tanchjim-origin-review

We have seen quite good releases in the single dynamic driver space in the past few years. In the current market, there is some good competition from IEMs such as Simgot’s EA1000, Oriveti OD200, and the DUNU Falcon Ultra.

Tanchjim has released quite a decent pair in Origin, which not only holds a strong position among the other IEMs but also sets a benchmark for soundstage and technical capabilities. With a very sleek design language, good tuning, and a decent price tag, Origin is an easy recommendation.

IMG_9347.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #98,250 of 103,223
It's so strange that Simgot EA2000 didn't find more love.
I bought them just because everyone else was hyped with other Simgots.
And I am so glad that I did...they are just amazing IEMs.

Cheers!

I've always wondered that too, frankly.
But having taken the EA1000, I didn't move forward.

Have you had the opportunity to compare them with the EA1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back