The discovery thread!
Mar 24, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #97,786 of 99,967
This is the "classic" color sheet I was given. These can be used for the entire shell, and the black and gold are included. I saw a post on their FB that had a black and red flecked version on an older IEM which looks really cool.

AO Ra Classic Faceplates.jpeg

Could you give any more impressions of it? Anything to compare it to in terms of sound?
Ive gone for this faceplate with black and gold shell body on Alpha Onega RA
IMG-20240304-WA0000.jpg

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #97,788 of 99,967
Maybe it can, Have not heard it personally but in comparison the RU7 with actually having a 4.4 balanced out has 4x the power 🤔 400mw vs 100mw for the FC6
Ah you haven't heard it. Cool.

Don't know about the specs but drives stuff superbly. And I checked with Andy donglemadness (whose reco I bought it) who said it runs his cans also very well; no issues at all.

4.4 mm lovers it fails of course but for rest, it's an absolute beaut.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #97,789 of 99,967
Generally, some inferior quality drivers don't take big EQ well (distortion starts happening). And usually I find it better to EQ down (cut frequencies), rather than overly boost stuff.

Word on the street is that most of the planar IEMs in CHIFI are actually using the same planar driver, so I suspect when people find it easier to EQ these planar IEMs, they are all talking about the same planar driver, which seems pretty decent in quality.
Ah okay. Interesting. One planar driver ruling Shanghai nights.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #97,790 of 99,967
Is this the one I saw that was described as "translucent black" or is it some kind of shade of green?
It was described as forged carbon with gold flecs definitely looks to have a green tinge. I thought it was rather tasty

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #97,791 of 99,967
LETSHUOER Stay updated on LETSHUOER at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/letshuoer https://twitter.com/letshuoer https://www.instagram.com/letshuoer/ https://letshuoer.net/ https://www.youtube.com/@letshuoer
Mar 24, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #97,792 of 99,967
It was described as forged carbon with gold flecs definitely looks to have a green tinge. I thought it was rather tasty

It definitely seems that way. I messaged the owner about it a few hours ago as I wanted to figure out what it was, as well as see if the black and red was a thing. Currently waiting to hear back. I'm very undecided about what I want to do (one of these or possibly hold off for the Titan, although it's almost twice as much).

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #97,793 of 99,967
And usually I find it better to EQ down (cut frequencies), rather than overly boost stuff.
Some people don't know about this is, which is quite important for EQing
Even with lowering pre-amping to reduce distortion peaks, drivers are better with "cut down" the frequencies rather than boosting some frequencies up. Unless it's really necessary, try to don't boost up, or just light boost with adjust pre amp accordingly (some EQ system don't adjust the preamp automatically, thus sound will be clipped or distorded)

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #97,794 of 99,967
Some people don't know about this is, which is quite important for EQing
Even with lowering pre-amping to reduce distortion peaks, drivers are better with "cut down" the frequencies rather than boosting some frequencies up. Unless it's really necessary, try to don't boost up, or just light boost with adjust pre amp accordingly (some EQ system don't adjust the preamp automatically, thus sound will be clipped or distorded)
Say, if you boost 500Hz by 3dB, and then do negative preamp 3dB, shouldn't it be the case that you keep 500Hz where it is and drop everything else by 3dB?

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #97,795 of 99,967
Say, if you boost 500Hz by 3dB, and then do negative preamp 3dB, shouldn't it be the case that you keep 500Hz where it is and drop everything else by 3dB?

Yes exactly the same concept, but some EQ system (usually bad ones) don't have preamp option and they don't adjust the preamp automatically.

If the EQ system have auto preamp, usually when we boost certain frequencies, the volume level will be adjusted automatically too, means it has auto pre amp to prevent clipping or distortion.

And also the Q factor dependant too (on built in EQ usually we can't know how big the Q factor)

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #97,796 of 99,967
Yes exactly the same concept, but some EQ system (usually bad ones) don't have preamp option and they don't adjust the preamp automatically.

If the EQ system have auto preamp, usually when we boost certain frequencies, the volume level will be adjusted automatically too, means it has auto pre amp to prevent clipping or distortion.

And also the Q factor dependant too (on built in EQ usually we can't know how big the Q factor)
Huh.. That's what I must have done and blamed the 'dd's conveniently.

Mar 25, 2024 at 4:42 AM Post #97,797 of 99,967
I've spent quite a few hours now with the CCA Trio. I have been mind blown by their detail retrieval abilities. Now personally, and some might disagree, but I think they lag behind the Simgot EW200 and even the OD200 in mids and treble resolution, and timbral accuracy, but that's truly a nitpick, because in most other ways, they are superior to the EW200 and every other sub $100 "budget" IEM I own or have owned. They have a special sauce about them, and this came to light last night while listening to a very little known but amazing hard rock album by the band Cinder called Break Your Silence, and particularly a song on the album called Please God. During the chorus, while the singer delivers the chorus, there's a guide vocal that he sings simultaneously with the chorus. It's mixed a bit undeneath the main chorus, and for years, with many of my earphones and headphones, and this includes some of my best, it was always hard to pick out exactly what he was saying in that vocal just underneath the mix.

The CCA Trio revealed all. I was able, for potentially the first time, make out clearly and distinctly what was said in that vocal, and I could have sworn I was using the OD200, EA1000, Aures, or Wu Zetian. Nope. It was the Trio. Uncanny detail retrieval and layering ability. If only it had top ranked resolution, these could very well be considered giant killers in the budget realm, but alas, the resolution is just average, so they are budget price to performance busters for certain, and with the switches, allows for tuning variations, making them an easy rec from me. For dailys, workouts, and beaters? YOU CAN'T BEAT THESE.

Hey what eartips are you using on the Trio? Anything that particularly suits em?

Edit: I found my perfect match. A blue widebore tip from Penon FAn2 .

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #97,798 of 99,967
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #97,799 of 99,967
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #97,800 of 99,967
mind you the official sites is KZTWS.com
Not sure on who run this site, but KZ rep did confirm that third party seller did Sell AS16 Pro x earlier than the official shop (hence many of them on Ali)

unlike expectation, it seems this is not AS16Pro with new gen bellsings.
there are minor change of switching AS16pro one of the 22955 BA into 30019 BA and a retune it seems.

KZ official graph of AS16proX

1711358884292.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back