The discovery thread!
Mar 13, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #97,036 of 100,723
Thanks, I need to give some credit to my wife for finding a cool album to have in the review :dt880smile:
Kudos to her then because that's a perfect pairing. My wife just rolls her eyes when I mention anything headphone related

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #97,037 of 100,723
My point is that tuning is more important than drivers. Sometimes we race to the top going for certain unique sounds where cheaper iems might work for people better. It's not always a linear thing of spending more money and you get a better iem. I like my expensive iems, but I think the nonsense that a cheaper set can't sound good is crazy. Not a 15 dollar set, but there is a point where it has to start to turn the tide, and diminishing returns hit.
Agree. As someone who puts tone and timbre above technicalities, I've heard some single-driver sets with wonderful tone and timbre, better than those with hybrid setups (I'm looking at you with my usual lust, Aful MagicOne). :)

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #97,038 of 100,723
Kudos to her then because that's a perfect pairing. My wife just rolls her eyes when I mention anything headphone related

I have to hide audio gear from the eagle eyes of my wife.

She only thinks I have one box of IEMs, which is this Trojan horse decoy box here:
1.jpeg

So the trade secret is that this box only has silverish or black generic looking IEMs. The good stuff and more exotic coloured gear are hidden in other secret drawers muhahahahaha. Don't rat out on me k.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #97,039 of 100,723
Here is my comparison of Kefine Delci and Klanar, different tuning but man Delci is very capable.
It can be a bit energetic but considerably cleaner across the spectrum. Nicely tuned for sure.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #97,040 of 100,723

Using the Liqueur ear-tips, ISN GC4 cable and Himalaya by NiceHCK with the HiBy R3 II.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #97,042 of 100,723
1710341409931.png

Official info from the Man himself. Jim has let me know.

Official RP for the Himalaya will be $329 w some discounts available during launch
Will debut around mid March.

Very nice 👌

IMG_1919.jpeg

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #97,043 of 100,723

Official info from the Man himself. Jim has let me know.

Official RP for the Himalaya will be $329 w some discounts available during launch
Will debut around mid March.
One of the best deals out this year, in my humble opinion? Man, I simply can’t stop listening to them? They are somehow even getting better? I love how these do soundstage........especially like the album I just posted in 44.1 kHz - 24 bit. So truly natural yet exciting.....and of course comfortable to wear. And the Black Liqueur tips seat them to where they never move.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #97,044 of 100,723
Something I discovered about them. Any of the reviewers that got them. If you got your Simgot nozzles. Yes they fit perfectly on the Himalayas. Gives even more sound options than what they came with. Simgot nozzles are longer and does a bit something interesting to the stage element of the sound. And if you got the Simgot filter kit. Even more options. Try them if you got em. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #97,045 of 100,723
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #97,046 of 100,723
Hey all! I wanted to make a post here of some iems I got to try today. I spent 15-30 minutes each with them, and I would love to share impressions on what I think. I am not the most detailed writer, just a hobbyist who has fun.

Setup: m300 - m15 - Nova (symphonium cable) - divinus tips

Dark Phoenix:
Fits well, slightly large nozzle for my ears but it should work for many. Absolutely gorgeous design, its very well done. Technically, it sounds above its price point. When I heard the phoenix call i thought it was a sub 300usd iem, but no! Its a 1/3 of that.
Bass has great impact, thumpy but not distorted. Can feel a bit artificial at times, but overall it performs well. Definitely a nice element to this iem. No long humming, its clean, forward and not overpowering.
Mids are a bit recessed for my tastes but they're absolutely clear and not too distant. Just wish it was a little more forward at times. Female vocals get a bit different, they feel more present but some tracks they came off quite not amazing texture wise.
The treble absolutely has a lot of energy. Guitars have a lovely texture that is enjoyable. Have this melodic hum to it, with being able to hear those low ends to it. However I am not a fan of the drums. They feel plastic-like, not really present in the overall sound. It's where I feel it struggles. Ive tried a few different tips, but I use divinus because of fit reasons. This is what I've come to for the sound.
This is a pretty good iem! It's a very energetic listen with tons of personality. I can't really think of an iem that would be like it. There are some elements it struggles in for the tracks I use being mainly rock music. But if you are looking for something fun, with good character and enjoyment, I would actually recommend this iem.

The next iem i tried...

Magic one:

Fits very well with a smaller nozzle, but had pressure issues early on trying to fit it. Very lovely and makes you want to stare at the maze of tubes on the inside.
The bass is alright. I usually prefer a bit more than what it's providing. Certainly a more neutral sound. Nothing will really shake your head, feels a bit weak at times.
Vocals certainly are more present this time. They're not overpowering, and not too distant, feels just right. However they don't really carry much emotion in the sound. Not a lot of excitement.
Instruments in treble can be nice but they feel more like they're just there. I can't really feel much for the sound I am hearing. Boring basically. I wish I had more to say because the iem looks so cool, but I guess there's only so much you can do for that single BA.
Its a nice iem, I would certainly price it where its at. But its not for me at all Id say. If you're wanting a simple, non coloured and straight to the point iem, I wouldn't look away. Not for me, but I can see others falling in love.

And then after that...

Simgot EA500:
Fit is as snug as a bug, well made look and feels lovely to hold. Love the silver shell.
Bass has lovely impact, some rumble there and hum to it. Punchy and versatile. Already my favourite part.
Vocals in the mids however are a different story. When listening in my current setup, the S's in some tracks come off with a ring to it. They're not sibilant, just has a hiss to it that I'm not a fan of. in terms of presentation however, very well done. Present and not overbearing.
Instruments around the treble region are not bad. They have this mixed texture where some track guitars do very well, and others not so much. Drums too, the kicks and hi hats overpower to where they lack the enjoyment to contribute to the sound and i find myself focusing on them. But with actual drum beats, they do come off alright.
I like it, but if it weren't for the mids I would absolutely enjoy it more. Technically its ok, but I do have some of those nitpicks with the sound that stops me from liking it more.

Round 4...

Dunu Vulkan:
The construction is certainly nice, feels weighty but not too heavy. Bit chunky.
Bass is pretty ok. There's a bit of impact in the presentation but it lacks emphasis to me. it lacks that punch i found in the ea500, with not as much energy. Theres a small amount of low end rumble which i found.
The mids with vocal presentation is nice. Vocals are forward and not harsh in any way. They got a nice overall sound with tame upper mids. I can't find any issues with these other than it doesn't excel really much in this area.
Treble is a bit like a warmer blessing 2. Instruments and the overall texture do well but i feel not enough to really stand out from the crowd. Which, to some, will be a good thing. It has a bit of energy with guitars but I would love more. Drums and beats in them have a great thump and kick. I really like them.
Its technically is pretty good, but I don't find much about it that makes me feel like it brought something new to the table. Its enjoyable to listen to but it absolutely could be better. Tonality has nothing wrong, its just how it presents these things I'm struggling to really enjoy. Could be why it never gained as much popularity. Not a bad iem, just needs more workroom.
(I now understand these are discontinued)

And lastly...

Dunu Falcon Ultra (Gold Nozzle):
Blue
Fits so well though oh my goodness. This thing is comfy.
Bass is really nice, like really nice. Clean, punchy, not overbearing and has a wonderful body to it. Doesn't go on for too long and hits well.
Mids and vocal presentation is pretty nice. There's nothing bothering, but it has a nice texture with vocals, fun and clean.
Treble is pretty good! Guitars and drums with rock music I found to compliment it the best. Cymbals are clear, textured but can take over the overall sound at times for me.
This is probably my favourite from the bunch I have listened to. It has a good character to the sound with emotion in bass. Vocals are crisp, and treble is safe. What I think it lacks however is it feels not the most technically coherent. But, this is a wonderful iem. I would definitely recommend it.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #97,047 of 100,723
is the nozzle as small as it looks? lol there is no way that would fit for me without some coriers or something.

You have to take into account the full-on semi-custom fit. So the body is curved to fit inside your ear. Look at the photographs in my review. Semi-custom for the win here.

I wouldn’t worry about figment at all. Nothing to concern yourself with. These fit fantastically!

Cheers! Just get them when they are available, this is all win, in every way possible! IMO

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #97,048 of 100,723
Hey all! I wanted to make a post here of some iems I got to try today. I spent 15-30 minutes each with them, and I would love to share impressions on what I think. I am not the most detailed writer, just a hobbyist who has fun.

Setup: m300 - m15 - Nova (symphonium cable) - divinus tips

Dark Phoenix:
Fits well, slightly large nozzle for my ears but it should work for many. Absolutely gorgeous design, its very well done. Technically, it sounds above its price point. When I heard the phoenix call i thought it was a sub 300usd iem, but no! Its a 1/3 of that.
Bass has great impact, thumpy but not distorted. Can feel a bit artificial at times, but overall it performs well. Definitely a nice element to this iem. No long humming, its clean, forward and not overpowering.
Mids are a bit recessed for my tastes but they're absolutely clear and not too distant. Just wish it was a little more forward at times. Female vocals get a bit different, they feel more present but some tracks they came off quite not amazing texture wise.
The treble absolutely has a lot of energy. Guitars have a lovely texture that is enjoyable. Have this melodic hum to it, with being able to hear those low ends to it. However I am not a fan of the drums. They feel plastic-like, not really present in the overall sound. It's where I feel it struggles. Ive tried a few different tips, but I use divinus because of fit reasons. This is what I've come to for the sound.
This is a pretty good iem! It's a very energetic listen with tons of personality. I can't really think of an iem that would be like it. There are some elements it struggles in for the tracks I use being mainly rock music. But if you are looking for something fun, with good character and enjoyment, I would actually recommend this iem.

The next iem i tried...

Magic one:
Fits very well with a smaller nozzle, but had pressure issues early on trying to fit it. Very lovely and makes you want to stare at the maze of tubes on the inside.
The bass is alright. I usually prefer a bit more than what it's providing. Certainly a more neutral sound. Nothing will really shake your head, feels a bit weak at times.
Vocals certainly are more present this time. They're not overpowering, and not too distant, feels just right. However they don't really carry much emotion in the sound. Not a lot of excitement.
Instruments in treble can be nice but they feel more like they're just there. I can't really feel much for the sound I am hearing. Boring basically. I wish I had more to say because the iem looks so cool, but I guess there's only so much you can do for that single BA.
Its a nice iem, I would certainly price it where its at. But its not for me at all Id say. If you're wanting a simple, non coloured and straight to the point iem, I wouldn't look away. Not for me, but I can see others falling in love.

And then after that...

Simgot EA500:
Fit is as snug as a bug, well made look and feels lovely to hold. Love the silver shell.
Bass has lovely impact, some rumble there and hum to it. Punchy and versatile. Already my favourite part.
Vocals in the mids however are a different story. When listening in my current setup, the S's in some tracks come off with a ring to it. They're not sibilant, just has a hiss to it that I'm not a fan of. in terms of presentation however, very well done. Present and not overbearing.
Instruments around the treble region are not bad. They have this mixed texture where some track guitars do very well, and others not so much. Drums too, the kicks and hi hats overpower to where they lack the enjoyment to contribute to the sound and i find myself focusing on them. But with actual drum beats, they do come off alright.
I like it, but if it weren't for the mids I would absolutely enjoy it more. Technically its ok, but I do have some of those nitpicks with the sound that stops me from liking it more.

Round 4...

Dunu Vulkan:
The construction is certainly nice, feels weighty but not too heavy. Bit chunky.
Bass is pretty ok. There's a bit of impact in the presentation but it lacks emphasis to me. it lacks that punch i found in the ea500, with not as much energy. Theres a small amount of low end rumble which i found.
The mids with vocal presentation is nice. Vocals are forward and not harsh in any way. They got a nice overall sound with tame upper mids. I can't find any issues with these other than it doesn't excel really much in this area.
Treble is a bit like a warmer blessing 2. Instruments and the overall texture do well but i feel not enough to really stand out from the crowd. Which, to some, will be a good thing. It has a bit of energy with guitars but I would love more. Drums and beats in them have a great thump and kick. I really like them.
Its technically is pretty good, but I don't find much about it that makes me feel like it brought something new to the table. Its enjoyable to listen to but it absolutely could be better. Tonality has nothing wrong, its just how it presents these things I'm struggling to really enjoy. Could be why it never gained as much popularity. Not a bad iem, just needs more workroom.
(I now understand these are discontinued)

And lastly...

Dunu Falcon Ultra (Gold Nozzle):
Blue
Fits so well though oh my goodness. This thing is comfy.
Bass is really nice, like really nice. Clean, punchy, not overbearing and has a wonderful body to it. Doesn't go on for too long and hits well.
Mids and vocal presentation is pretty nice. There's nothing bothering, but it has a nice texture with vocals, fun and clean.
Treble is pretty good! Guitars and drums with rock music I found to compliment it the best. Cymbals are clear, textured but can take over the overall sound at times for me.
This is probably my favourite from the bunch I have listened to. It has a good character to the sound with emotion in bass. Vocals are crisp, and treble is safe. What I think it lacks however is it feels not the most technically coherent. But, this is a wonderful iem. I would definitely recommend it.
I can understand your thoughts on the MagicOne but for me it's musical and warm and relaxing. Love mine.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #97,049 of 100,723
Dark Phoenix:
I felt the same way about the bass on the Dark Phoenix. I am not saying you need to burn it in for 8000 hours, but i did notice a marked improvement on the bass once i swapped the cable, swapped to Final E tips, and used it for like 3 days.

Such a great set, just don't expect to listen to super "busy" or complicated music.

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #97,050 of 100,723
I wouldn’t worry about figment at all. Nothing to concern yourself with. These fit fantastically!

Cheers! Just get them when they are available, this is all win, in every way possible! IMO
ty mr moose, i appreciate your thoughts on the hiby the other day as well. just realized i forgot to quote you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back