The discovery thread!
Feb 28, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #96,256 of 100,738
I get better fit with the Black being they exhibit outward pressure due to being thicker, but I can use M,L and XL. Getting an insertion depth variants with each one, that XL the bass wave is longest, while still gaining air-tight fit. Orange is brighter and holds better treble, Black is a lot of absorption of energy in which responds smoother.

I find that both the L and XL work for me too. And I agree. Using the XL makes for a bassier sound. It’s nice that these are so versatile. They sound more like foams than most other tips I have.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #96,257 of 100,738
But wise to wait for symphony and see how it is.

Bro, first graph of the KZ Symphony pokemon.

graph.png

It is hyped to the moon due to the a unique DD + planar config (supposedly not one of those fake SPD nonsense).

Credit to Paul Wasabii for the graph from Squig, who we trust for his good independent graphs.

Well, graphs surely don't tell the full story, but they are a generally good gauge of tonality, and this one looks quite scooped out in the lower mids. With a massive pinna gain area.

Well compared to the 2nd photo against the store provided graphs which consumers should rightfully take with a pinch of salt.
a515f5c6-46de-411e-8cc6-6c2688566911.jpg

Any brave first adopters have gotten a KZ Symphony and have heard it? I have a feeling a PRO version may come out in a few weeks' time to address some issues haha.

The design is unique.. kinda like super hero armor, love or hate em

TRN tuning is really hit or miss bro. They had some TRN Xuan Wu planar that looked like a cool tortoise shell. The sound was bad though (had some QC issues with the first batch of nozzle damping too).

Xuan Wu.png

More of a budget cable story - but the discovery here is the power of the bling for the IEM display/show surfaced here recently.

With the great advice/inspiration of @baskingshark I took the prompt of getting few $10 "surprise" cables with an unknown company in Ali Express. It happened to be one of XINHS stores now, they renamed, and they shipped to me three cables instead of three. Two were good/simple $8-9 balanced ones, but the third (must be a gift) was a totally wild bling one:
20240227_210551.jpg
I could not imagine ordering one - but a good surprise is a good surprise!
The pairing - a match in heaven arised immediately - Crin's Dioko.
What can be better than adding a good wild bling on those huge oval metrosexually- inspiring shells :)
20240227_210925.jpg
Here is your real pair to visit gyms and pubs rather than any silly kilobuck IEMs that may be recognized only by 0.01% of the public :)

Wow this cable looks like it will cost a pretty penny. Makes me feel like going back to order more cables from that lucky bag shop haha.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #96,258 of 100,738
Feb 28, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #96,259 of 100,738
Two different sounding IEMs but similarly priced. How does the EJ07M and Kinera Urd compare against each other. Here is my comparison review.

What exactly you mean by "dynamics"? Urd has better dynamics means.... So that there is no confusion about what exactly it does in that regard? I see people use dynamics and other terms differently...

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #96,260 of 100,738

It is hyped to the moon due to the a unique DD + planar config (supposedly not one of those fake SPD nonsense).

Credit to Paul Wasabii for the graph from Squig, who we trust for his good independent graphs.

Well, graphs surely don't tell the full story, but they are a generally good gauge of tonality, and this one looks quite scooped out in the lower mids. With a massive pinna gain area.

Well compared to the 2nd photo against the store provided graphs which consumers should rightfully take with a pinch of salt.

Any brave first adopters have gotten a KZ Symphony and have heard it? I have a feeling a PRO version may come out in a few weeks' time to address some issues haha.
Well wise then to wait for the Pro :) thick at ends , thin in mids .. I shall stay away!

Btw, what's a good budget iem that does bass quality/quantity? Kz pr3 was a suggestion. Anything that springs to your mind? I don't want to go to ziigaat doscinco level pricing (it seems to be fab for bass if reviews are to be believed), but at low budget level.. Anything that's real good? Sub 75usd even, for that matter...

Feb 28, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #96,262 of 100,738
The TRON OST is amazing with the ifi GO bar and MDR-Z1R!
DSC_0079.jpegxxsx.jpeg
tron-legacy-5f80310903851.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #96,263 of 100,738
What exactly you mean by "dynamics"? Urd has better dynamics means.... So that there is no confusion about what exactly it does in that regard? I see people use dynamics and other terms differently...
Ability of being more versatile. At times IEMs feel a bit monotonous. Especially when they are unable to make distinguishable differences between nearby frequencies or is unable to control the energy of same frequencies. Mostly experienced with upper bass notes. Many IEMs re unable to deliver these notes cleanly they tend to have unwanted softness to them. This is fun but limits the technical abilities or say dynamic abilities of the IEM.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #96,264 of 100,738
Feb 28, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #96,265 of 100,738
Well wise then to wait for the Pro :) thick at ends , thin in mids .. I shall stay away!

Btw, what's a good budget iem that does bass quality/quantity? Kz pr3 was a suggestion. Anything that springs to your mind? I don't want to go to ziigaat doscinco level pricing (it seems to be fab for bass if reviews are to be believed), but at low budget level.. Anything that's real good? Sub 75usd even, for that matter...

TBH I think one must go to around midFI level to get a mix of good bass quality AND quantity.

Many budget sets either ace quality at the expense of quantity or vice versa.

Maybe someone else can give a suggestion but yeah I can't think of any sub $75 gear that aces both aspects.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #96,266 of 100,738
TBH I think one must go to around midFI level to get a mix of good bass quality AND quantity.

Many budget sets either ace quality at the expense of quantity or vice versa.

Maybe someone else can give a suggestion but yeah I can't think of any sub $75 gear that aces both aspects.
Wow ok...But makes sense... Thanks. Perhaps rather than wasting money on a collection of budget, and get disappointed, one should look at midfini guess.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #96,267 of 100,738
In the budget ran
Wow ok...But makes sense... Thanks. Perhaps rather than wasting money on a collection of budget, and get disappointed, one should look at midfini guess.
In the budget range, I think the EA500 is the one to get. Much much better than the LM. Cleaner with better extension at both ends.

Feb 28, 2024 at 6:14 AM Post #96,268 of 100,738

graph.png

a515f5c6-46de-411e-8cc6-6c2688566911.jpg

TRN tuning is really hit or miss bro. They had some TRN Xuan Wu planar that looked like a cool tortoise shell. The sound was bad though (had some QC issues with the first batch of nozzle damping too).

Xuan Wu.png

Wow this cable looks like it will cost a pretty penny. Makes me feel like going back to order more cables from that lucky bag shop haha.
I wonder if it is the case that CCA and KZ actually have separate engineering / tuning teams. The good ones seem to be from CCA (the CRA, the Trio)

Feb 28, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #96,269 of 100,738
I wonder if it is the case that CCA and KZ actually have separate engineering / tuning teams. The good ones seem to be from CCA (the CRA, the Trio)

CCA Trio similar to KZ Castor, more like perfection of the Castor bass without upper bass dip. But yeah the Symphony is wrecked in tuning lol

Feb 28, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #96,270 of 100,738
Can I tease with this?

perfect waves 7 seas small price.jpg

Perfect Waves 7 Seas.jpg

20240228_180822.jpg

Perfect Waves 7 Seas, 7 drivers tribrid no bass bleed, non shouty mids, great high extension, very good soundstage, layering and imaging. ugh $89??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back