The discovery thread!
Feb 26, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #96,166 of 103,549
@Tamizhan

Have a look at this too. Akros says price if you mention him would be 135 usd and it's s rave from him. (Cklvxd41).

Also there is aful magicone at same price bracket!

Lot of the new releases and upcoming ones seem to target sub $200-300, we can aggregate these after few months and see which one will hold up. Still thank you for remembering my search in this budget range.

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #96,168 of 103,549
Feb 26, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #96,169 of 103,549
Feb 26, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #96,170 of 103,549
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #96,171 of 103,549
Deleted double post, misquoted sorry

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #96,172 of 103,549
Idk. I think that XE6 already took that crown for me, but j might give it to the Hades once I get my hands on it (probably end of this week).

I'm just hoping the Hades is a budget XE6. The XE6 is pretty controversial but quite loved around here, and the Hades tuning idea seems similar. Yes, I know graphs tell jack all, and I'm sure the Hades cannot come anywhere close to XE6 in terms of tech or quality or presentation of the bass. But my point is the Hades's FR isn't "new".

I hate the XE6, and I'm sure I'll hate the Hades. But I bought the Hades for my friend, and she swears by the XE6 as the best IEM she's ever heard (much preferred it even to the Storm, Annihilator, GM, RN6 etc). She was salivating when I showed her the Hades graph. She doesn't want mids or treble. Bass, and only bass. Nothing but bass for her.

So there is a market for the Hades, and HBB is right that it's a niche within a niche. Probably XE6 fans might like it. Who knows? It's gonna be muddy as hell, but my friend said that the people complaining about it being muddy are the same ones who don't know how to swim 😂

20230423_131356.jpg

Yeah the Xe6 is the most bleeding bass among big boys up there. I also a bass quality lover but the Xe6 is a very niche mid+upper bass super boost even though they have nice treble extension and details but entire frequencies are covered by mid and upper bass. I always thought that Xe6 is an alpha test development IEMs that shouldn't be released until the Rn6 is born as perfection of imperfect Xe6.
And that hades is darker than the Xe6 of course with worse technicalities.
But you got the point right, maybe it's created for that very niche market, a Poorman's Xe6.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #96,173 of 103,549
Idk. I think that XE6 already took that crown for me, but j might give it to the Hades once I get my hands on it (probably end of this week).

graph (39).png

I'm just hoping the Hades is a budget XE6. The XE6 is pretty controversial but quite loved around here, and the Hades tuning idea seems similar. Yes, I know graphs tell jack all, and I'm sure the Hades cannot come anywhere close to XE6 in terms of tech or quality or presentation of the bass. But my point is the Hades's FR isn't "new".

I hate the XE6, and I'm sure I'll hate the Hades. But I bought the Hades for my friend, and she swears by the XE6 as the best IEM she's ever heard (much preferred it even to the Storm, Annihilator, GM, RN6 etc). She was salivating when I showed her the Hades graph. She doesn't want mids or treble. Bass, and only bass. Nothing but bass for her.

So there is a market for the Hades, and HBB is right that it's a niche within a niche. Probably XE6 fans might like it. Who knows? It's gonna be muddy as hell, but my friend said that the people complaining about it being muddy are the same ones who don't know how to swim 😂
Bass the final frontier

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #96,174 of 103,549
20230423_131356.jpg

Yeah the Xe6 is the most bleeding bass among big boys up there. I also a bass quality lover but the Xe6 is a very niche mid+upper bass super boost even though they have nice treble extension and details but entire frequencies are covered by mid and upper bass. I always thought that Xe6 is an alpha test development IEMs that shouldn't be released until the Rn6 is born as perfection of imperfect Xe6.
But you got the point right, maybe it's created for that very niche market, a Poorman's Xe6.

Ahhh you have the XE6. Do you think the Hades is a poor man's XE6 then? Good God I always feel like suffocating when I listen to the XE6. I don't really know what I'm listening to but all I know is that I'm 10,000ft underwater.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #96,175 of 103,549
Ahhh you have the XE6. Do you think the Hades is a poor man's XE6 then? Good God I always feel like suffocating when I listen to the XE6. I don't really know what I'm listening to but all I know is that I'm 10,000ft underwater.

No I don't own Xe6, I would spend for something else like Odin or Annihilator if I have spare money. I auditioned the Xe6 last year and I really can't accept the bleeding bass. And I never listen to Hades, nor I have intention to buy them even they're cheap.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #96,176 of 103,549
ngl if it didnt have that dudes name on it, i would eat the 50 bucks lol, was about to order it then remembered its a collab with that butt head so no ty

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #96,177 of 103,549
20230423_131356.jpg

When I tried that XE6, I was like “what kind of drug does it take to enjoy this???” But then the brain burn in kicks in and I enjoyed the session quite a bit. It has “special sauce” due to various factors. Without the technical performance, that IEM would be a big fail.

Now, $50 IEM without all of those bells and whistles of the XE6? I don’t have a good feeling about that.

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #96,178 of 103,549
Feb 26, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #96,179 of 103,549

Users who are viewing this thread

Back