The discovery thread!
Feb 26, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #96,151 of 100,750
How does this od200 rank against Falcon ultra?
Never tried it, I love Dunu products. Good quality and tuning.

Heard rumor that EA500LM and Dunu Falcon Ultra use the same driver, if so the Falcon Ultra is really good. Might actually have a better tuning for me due to more relaxed upper range.

1000025825.png

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #96,152 of 100,750

The Falcon Ultra and OD200 both have 2 tuning nozzles, so they are versatile in tonality.

In technicalities, the Falcon Ultra has better micro-detailing and imaging, but loses to the OD200 in soundstage and instrument separation.

I would consider these 2 as sidegrades.

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #96,153 of 100,750
Today's setup includes Intuaura Purple with D's Audio Pure Silver Cable and DX260/WM1A MK2 combination. Absolutely blissful this single DD set is, i think i might grab one down the line some day.

1708941786489.png

1708941798831.png

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #96,154 of 100,750
Ohh boy! Hi Jaytiss. Hope this DM finds you well. New products are coming~ We will launch a new earphone with 1DD+2BA in the first half of this year! As updates become available, we'll share them with you in advance. Your interest and support in spreading the word are greatly appreciated! ( This is From Aful! )

What??? Where is the Cantor?

Imma picking up my pitchfork

Feb 26, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #96,158 of 100,750
It fits me fine and "addictive" mids but its bass isn't how I hear you (andb others) talk about other iems with proper quality quantity bass. This doscino ziigaat with its tech looks promising in that regard . Not much sub bass here, mid is carefully done I guess so that it doesn't bleed on perhaps. But it doesn't rumble and growl. It's more bass than what I experience with P8s, sivga, zero etc but not as tight, tactile, and good as even say the quality of hd660s2 which isn't really a bass can . Hence am considering an iem that does bass well, just to experience it.

@Tamizhan I just put on Fan2 after a month of being bessotted with Sivga Nightingale.

Fan 2 Lovely depth in soundstage (but since the veterans here say subjective, so take my take in that prism).

Mids still fabulous and my preference for kind of mids in iems. Upper mids aren't shouty, and things tend to sound all balanced and flowy.
Warm neutral and musically pleasant to ears

Not much air relativelybut then that sivga goes overboard with that air, so I might be spoiled. Treble isn't Aful P8 quality for sure though.

@baskinshark can confirm or deny: I do hear the ba tone on acoustic instruments but not too jarring to spoil my pleasure. But it's there for sure imo andbi wish it wasn't!
But it would be more experienced reviewers to tell you how it fares, actually, in that comparison regard.

overall, at that discounted price, go for it. Can't see what else is this good or offers what this does in that bracket.
@Tamizhan

Have a look at this too. Akros says price if you mention him would be 135 usd and it's s rave from him. (Cklvxd41).

Also there is aful magicone at same price bracket!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #96,159 of 100,750
I would still pick the Falcon Ultra over and often do over the OD200, Better texture in the bass and stage

Feb 26, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #96,160 of 100,750
Feb 26, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #96,162 of 100,750
On separate topic, seriously what genre does the Hades works? is it really tuned by HBB? it is really contestant of the bass bleed contest of the decade, going wrong from basshead tuned IEM

Idk. I think that XE6 already took that crown for me, but j might give it to the Hades once I get my hands on it (probably end of this week).

graph (39).png

I'm just hoping the Hades is a budget XE6. The XE6 is pretty controversial but quite loved around here, and the Hades tuning idea seems similar. Yes, I know graphs tell jack all, and I'm sure the Hades cannot come anywhere close to XE6 in terms of tech or quality or presentation of the bass. But my point is the Hades's FR isn't "new".

I hate the XE6, and I'm sure I'll hate the Hades. But I bought the Hades for my friend, and she swears by the XE6 as the best IEM she's ever heard (much preferred it even to the Storm, Annihilator, GM, RN6 etc). She was salivating when I showed her the Hades graph. She doesn't want mids or treble. Bass, and only bass. Nothing but bass for her.

So there is a market for the Hades, and HBB is right that it's a niche within a niche. Probably XE6 fans might like it. Who knows? It's gonna be muddy as hell, but my friend said that the people complaining about it being muddy are the same ones who don't know how to swim 😂

Feb 26, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #96,163 of 100,750
Idk. I think that XE6 already took that crown for me, but j might give it to the Hades once I get my hands on it (probably end of this week).

I'm just hoping the Hades is a budget XE6. The XE6 is pretty controversial but quite loved around here, and the Hades tuning idea seems similar. Yes, I know graphs tell jack all, and I'm sure the Hades cannot come anywhere close to XE6 in terms of tech or quality or presentation of the bass. But my point is the Hades's FR isn't "new".

I hate the XE6, and I'm sure I'll hate the Hades. But I bought the Hades for my friend, and she swears by the XE6 as the best IEM she's ever heard (much preferred it even to the Storm, Annihilator, GM, RN6 etc). She was salivating when I showed her the Hades graph. She doesn't want mids or treble. Bass, and only bass. Nothing but bass for her.

So there is a market for the Hades, and HBB is right that it's a niche within a niche. Probably XE6 fans might like it. Who knows? It's gonna be muddy as hell, but my friend said that the people complaining about it being muddy are the same ones who don't know how to swim 😂
Should release in (North) India saying bass basss on sale... Will fly off shelves at that price point.

Other day I was at a local phone shop to get a screen guard done. All the cheapies earphones are "super duper bass' ' bass boosted' 'bass unlimited '

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #96,164 of 100,750
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back