The discovery thread!
Feb 23, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #96,001 of 104,299
I am gonna guess around the $300 mark. Just a guess but not concrete. These will be extremely competitive at that price. These are easily above and beyond what I have heard from NiceHCK and I have pretty much heard all of their stuff. I would also assume they will have sales on this particular Item as well during their every other monthly random sales events.
If they decide to price a "flagship" at $300, then they are wiser than I previously gave them credit for?

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #96,002 of 104,299
EA1000 vs IE200? That's like comparing the Twilight with the Kiwi Ears Cadenza. LOL The IE200 aren't even as good as the older IE100, even though the shells are better.

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #96,003 of 104,299
I would have wished to share a more positive story, but not this week sadly.
Penon grossly screwed up my orders:
I ordered 4 items in 2 orders
1. Penon sent totally different items with the orders.
2. Penon did not send one of the items overall.
(We may figure it out, but then the dissapointmebt clearly due to their negligence already happened, and $15 item is hardly worth my time rather than simply enjoying this hobby :frowning2:)
3. The second package was the cheapest E-packet: took a very long time and crashed the Dunu tip box in absence of any protection wrap not bothered by Penon in a cheap shipping mode :frowning2::20240223_162048.jpg
I am also not impressed with these Dunu S&S tips - simple cylinders - just not doing anything special sonically (Liquer tips did, and I even put one more order with Penon - sent by the ridiculuosly slow NL post (and two items were ordered to save shipping for Penon :frowning2:) - so no more Penon and Ali Express any more for me :frowning2:
I could have told you this. The Dunu S&S tips were one of the most disappointing, if not most disappointing tip purchase for me of 2022-2023. I actually still have two unopened packs sitting in the closet. These are decent if you have tiny holes for ears.

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #96,004 of 104,299
Friday break in change up Removed the Nice HCK planar and installed the Shozy P 20 to break in for a week. Presently listening to Damian Rice. sounds nice. Best if the planners fresh out of the box
Even compared to supermoon?

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #96,005 of 104,299
Review up for the excellent 'Project M' by DITA - HERE

P1030290.jpeg

Feb 23, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #96,006 of 104,299
Seems like there is a new KZ Pokemon, the Symphony.

Purported 1 DD + 1 planar,
not those lame pseudo planar square driver nonsense, but a legit planar.

Might be a PITA to drive, 95 dB sensitivity.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-symphony

EA1000 vs IE200? That's like comparing the Twilight with the Kiwi Ears Cadenza. LOL The IE200 aren't even as good as the older IE100, even though the shells are better.

Yeah agreed, I find the IE200 one of the most over-rated gear of 2023. Find it pretty meh for the price.

I would have wished to share a more positive story, but not this week sadly.
Penon grossly screwed up my orders:
I ordered 4 items in 2 orders
1. Penon sent totally different items with the orders.
2. Penon did not send one of the items overall.
(We may figure it out, but then the dissapointmebt clearly due to their negligence already happened, and $15 item is hardly worth my time rather than simply enjoying this hobby :frowning2:)
3. The second package was the cheapest E-packet: took a very long time and crashed the Dunu tip box in absence of any protection wrap not bothered by Penon in a cheap shipping mode :frowning2::20240223_162048.jpg
I am also not impressed with these Dunu S&S tips - simple cylinders - just not doing anything special sonically (Liquer tips did, and I even put one more order with Penon - sent by the ridiculuosly slow NL post (and two items were ordered to save shipping for Penon :frowning2:) - so no more Penon and Ali Express any more for me :frowning2:

Sad, hope Penon CS can address this!!

Feb 23, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #96,007 of 104,299

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Yeah agreed, I find the IE200 one of the most over-rated gear of 2023. Find it pretty meh for the price.

Interesting graph...

Feb 23, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #96,008 of 104,299
Feb 23, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #96,009 of 104,299
20240223_132857.jpg
When in doubt, just buy both

I see big potentials on both for modding, gonna be a busy day and a looongg night

Can't wait to read your thoughts on both of these. A little foam in the red or black nozzle for the Conch might tame the highs if you find them a bit too spicy.

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #96,010 of 104,299

Can't wait to read your thoughts on both of these. A little foam in the red or black nozzle for the Conch might tame the highs if you find them a bit too spicy.
Since I sold my EA1000, I was able to swing over the Penon Lacquer tips over to the EW200. Coupled with a pure copper cable, and these things so far have been a fantastic listen for death metal. The bass is fuller, and the highs are tamed a bit, while not losing too much bite from the mids. I'm going to switch to classic rock soon, and some jazz, but for now, excellent response to extreme metal forms.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #96,011 of 104,299
12,000 likes milestone! Thanks everyone! Appreciate you all!

Attachments

• Likes-Fi.png
    Likes-Fi.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 23, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #96,012 of 104,299

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

Both drivers in symphony appears to be full range. Is it going to sound like one driver

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #96,013 of 104,299
Both drivers in symphony appears to be full range. Is it going to sound like one driver
If it's tuned anywhere in the ballpark of the CCA Trio, while improving the resolution and already killer transparency, then count me in! Planars are already hard to drive. All of them I've ever owned are, which is why the Wu Zetian is always played thru an amp. Otherwise it loses a lot of it's spatial cues and stage.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #96,014 of 104,299

It looks interesting. The graph from KZ is finally readable. Good for them. (I'll just ignore all the BS about "industry benchmark"). 18ohm, 95dB, 3.5mm only. It seems like we are having something difficult to drive as Final E5000 on our hands. I don't think balanced output would help either. This IEM is going to need some beefy current supply.

That tuning looks a bit too fiery for me, so I'll be living vicariously through other with this one.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #96,015 of 104,299
I could have told you this. The Dunu S&S tips were one of the most disappointing, if not most disappointing tip purchase for me of 2022-2023. I actually still have two unopened packs sitting in the closet. These are decent if you have tiny holes for ears.
Dunu S&S are small, also never working for my ears, I couldn't get decent seal with them, not even close

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

The hybrid of Real Planar and DDnis finally here!! Dynamic slam bass with planar details on mids until upper high! Waitt.. whatt? 6mm DD? That's a wrong concept, should be 12mm DD for bass + 1 real planar we are waiting for.

Yes they are tizzy at stock, I went further mod with scrap the filters and build my own damper as usual with mesh500 + 1 hole for airflow and medium density foam. Will post later here with measurements. Still comparing between the two after mods on both 1 is really promising, the other one is very good but not so special 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back