The discovery thread!
Feb 13, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #95,416 of 100,730
Maybe is better if we become reviewers at this point?
An exciting and fresh idea!
About 70-80% here are either reviewers or aspiring to do so, many for free samples :)

Over my 5+ years here, it has been very-very educational and enlightening to watch transformations of more than quite a few members from the extremes of "all my samples are puchased by me, testified under the perjury of laws" to "reviewing of free samples can be more objective" (what a drastic turn, almost 360 degrees if you are into sad European jokes...).

Since there are no free lunches (mousetraps do not count, right?) - the objectivity of the reviewers of free samples is really hard trying to argue about, IMO.

It may be great that Rhapsody and Trio are so appreciated and raved about it.
Both remind me of CCA C10 of the oldies, way improved, especially Trio.
If layering is there with Rhapsody - it should open a whole new vista into budget IEMs, even ultra-budget IEMs!
The choice between Trifecta, Quattro and Trio could never be simpler:)

P. S. Edited for grammar&stylistic (and politeness).

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #95,417 of 100,730
Trio is a wunderkind. For sure. I haven't switched to any of my other IEMs in days, and that is the TRUEST testament of how good they are...because I am compulsive with back and forth with my collection. Many of you may have already noticed that tendency?
I'm definitely intrigued by the Trio but I don't find the design very attractive. It looks cheap 😕

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #95,418 of 100,730
The one HBB has is the CP622B and that one is like $3.5k. It's 6BA+2EST+2BC

The CP54E is $2k and it's 5BA+4EST.

Edit: Btw.. Canpur's model naming convention makes more sense than other companies.
ah yes the CP622B really rolls right off the tongue tho lol

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #95,419 of 100,730
ah yes the CP622B really rolls right off the tongue tho lol
haha at least you can pronounce it.. unlike szalayi.

I just pronounce it like

Feb 13, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #95,420 of 100,730
That totally makes sense. I also have the DB2, I haven't given them a lot of ear time, but my initial impression was "meh". It's not bad but nothing stood out, more juice just made them louder to me...They are a good "kick around" IEM though. The Sonus sits in my #3 spot behind the FUDU and May (another banger that wakes up with more juice). My mistress is the TFZ No.3, she still has a key to my heart although the technicals pale in comparison to most of my newer IEMs...lol
Yes, I rate the Sonus actually higher normally only because it is more well rounded and plays with more sources. Where sure if you get the Fudu the right signal they perform, but skimp on any part of that and the Fudu remains boring. Though I will say out of a good source the Sonus and Fudu are a good pair to have as they are different enough to be worth having as a pair. I was actually surprised at how deep the Fudu bass was in comparison to the DB2 and Sonus. But as far as the DB2, that is bigger stage and more airy than the previous two mentioned, and while not as detailed as the Fudu the bass is definitely there big, just not owning the texture or detail of the Fudu. While we still have to factor in price as the DB2 is way, way less money than the Sonus or Fudu, and with that said there is nothing not to like about the DB2, in fact it is one of the very best combined with the SIMGOT AUDIO LC7 4.4mm cable and HiBy R3 II. That combo I had to keep revisiting day after day, after day just to get a grip on how good it is, as it should not be as good considering price, but somehow it is? :)

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #95,421 of 100,730
I'm definitely intrigued by the Trio but I don't find the design very attractive. It looks cheap 😕
Nothing cheap about the build. It may look it in pics, but in your hand, they are hearty. Now they aren't small. I will give it that. They are not small, so if you have smallish ears...??? Well you know???

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #95,422 of 100,730
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #95,423 of 100,730
Nothing cheap about the build. It may look it in pics, but in your hand, they are hearty. Now they aren't small. I will give it that. They are not small, so if you have smallish ears...??? Well you know???
Definitely not cheaply made at all!
The size is relative - Trio is noticeably more compact than Rhapsody, while both are smaller compared to ZAT and AS24:
20240213_201616.jpg

Left to right are Pianist, Rhapsody, Trio, ZAT and AS24. (The larger the shell - the larger the stage - an ancient audiophile proverb :))
Still out of all KZ/CCA, my quite large ears take the hardest AST and BA10, not much problems with ZAT and AS24 that may not fit average ears easily.

On another note, I have received several nice cases and tips to thoroughly explore enclosures and insertions :)
20240213_201246.jpg

Feb 13, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #95,424 of 100,730
Going with the not great ,Piano , String Instruments guitar all off tonality wise and it is hard to pick up in the track if there is singing because it gets washed out.
Combine that with the rolled off treble not helping things.
Which tips did you use with the Verdandi? And also what sources?

They take some good amount of power to sound good. I use Azla SednaFit Light tips and I hear things very differently than you do 😊

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #95,425 of 100,730
Trio is a wunderkind. For sure. I haven't switched to any of my other IEMs in days, and that is the TRUEST testament of how good they are...because I am compulsive with back and forth with my collection. Many of you may have already noticed that tendency?
: -) Will bite once it becomes available where I live.

Feb 13, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #95,426 of 100,730
ISN Neo 3 isn't far from Penon's tuning but I find this to be better, cleaner and more cohesive than the Serial. Very good IEM to consider for the Lovers of bass. It's got quality. I like the thing that this is not very smooth or thick.
Here is my mid burn-in comparison with the Tri i3 pro. Why? Because I had to let go of the i3 pro.
Feel free to have a watch.

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #95,427 of 100,730
ISN Neo 3 isn't far from Penon's tuning but I find this to be better, cleaner and more cohesive than the Serial. Very good IEM to consider for the Lovers of bass. It's got quality. I like the thing that this is not very smooth or thick.
Here is my mid burn-in comparison with the Tri i3 pro. Why? Because I had to let go of the i3 pro.
Feel free to have a watch.

The bass is deceptive. It’s there. It’s bold. But crisp mids are the Neo3’s bread and butter.

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #95,428 of 100,730
1707881844135.png

Poorman's WM1A / WM1Z? 😂

@Hinomotocho found this and posted on WM1A/1Z thread.

They are really "design inspired" dongles

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #95,429 of 100,730
1707881844135.png
Poorman's WM1A / WM1Z? 😂

@Hinomotocho found this and posted on WM1A/1Z thread.

They are really "design inspired" dongles
Not even close, that golden colour comes off without much usage, here is my take of the TP 30 clone From Concept Kart India under the brand name Audiocular. It's warm thick and smooth. Not bad. But I kind of Find the Fosi DS1 to be a bit more technically capable.

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #95,430 of 100,730
Which tips did you use with the Verdandi? And also what sources?

They take some good amount of power to sound good. I use Azla SednaFit Light tips and I hear things very differently than you do 😊
I have tons of sources Geshelli JNOG J2 AKM4493, 4499EX, Shanling M8, iBasso DZ170, XDUOO XD05 Pro, and I tip roll as well. Power not a issue with Topping A90D
This is huge V without extention and s tonne of upper mids.
graph-13.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back