The discovery thread!
Feb 10, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #95,221 of 104,689
The Trio are my new daily driver. 12 hours in, and I haven't been able to take these out of my ears. These are on the go, daily driver, workout, budget keepers. I typically don't blind buy much (EW200, KZ Lings, and the TWS Fiio FW3 are the most recent), but something told me to take a flier on these, and boy am I glad I did. For $29? A no-brainer.
@Tamizhan Does that interest you?!! It does to me.
But hey @FreeWheelinAudioLuv2 , it's not like Simgot stuff na, those EA200, 500 etc -- i don't like em.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #95,222 of 104,689
He's back...

Opera Snapshot_2024-02-10_081132_www.facebook.com.png

Can we make a pact here bros?

Don't ever ever let him know about the upcoming Fiio FX17, which is the sequel to the FX15 that he keeps asking about on every forum.

Feb 10, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #95,223 of 104,689
Can we make a pact here bros?

Don't ever ever let him know about the upcoming Fiio FX17, which is the sequel to the FX15 that he keeps asking about on every forum.
I talk to him almost daily. Ohh he knows. 😊❤️😂

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #95,228 of 104,689
He's back...

Please someone troll him and ask him how these buds compare to the FX15 and how could he need anything more than the FX15 - over and over and over 😂😂😂

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #95,229 of 104,689
Ah they fixed the description good now says planar not Dynamic Driver
Anyway they sounds very different during burning. Sometimes it's very decent sound, sometimes like soup.
Now when the burning is coming to finish P20 sounds quite precisely in timbre, in tonality. Deep, tight and textured bass in slightly L-shaped ballance is best thing in P20.
I must switch high gain and A-class in my Hiby R5-2 to get the sound I need.
Would I buy it again? Absolutely yes.
P.S. It's very good for heavy metal and hard rock.
P.P.S. And I'm very glad that P20 is planar finally, because when I bought it I was thinking it's planar :D

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #95,230 of 104,689
1000007392.jpg

Find in twitter

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #95,232 of 104,689
My inspiration to make my review results generalizable was shattered when I heard the 64 audio guys describing the soundstage of TIA Fourte as positioning “vocals floating at the back of the head.” I have rarely heard any IEM with that sort of localisation and certainly not the Fourte. Since they have no reason to lie, and I know what I hear, it must be concluded that the staging is even more personal than tonal preference.

So, what is a “review” now? IMHO, It’s an empirical data point, gathered through a subjective instrument, which is the ears and mind of a listener. We can only ask for reliability and validity of the instrument itself (reviewer has consistent process and not bias toward/against any brand due to personal grudge). It’s the job of reader to synthesise the conclusion by reading many data points, whilst considering their threats to validity.
Hmmm... Strange.. Even soundstage is so subjective? Guess just one person here @Leonarfd Feels like that with Mirai-X , but you guys reckon it's a common occurrence with iems? Hmmm. Wonder how it works.
FOr eg: I would be positively gobsmacked if anyone hears sivga nightingale and considers its soundstage as regular. It's out of my ears, out there up, behind, here there... Then for someone to say it isn't like that for them would be something.
Wonder how these psychoacoustic illusion plays out technically for such diverse views.

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #95,233 of 104,689
That’s a wise advice, sir! It’s a wisdom that I try but repeatedly fail to attain.

He is a kickass software engineer too. Some (many?) of reviewers we know, especially the more objective ones, seem to be coders, professional or otherwise.

Any of my inspiration to make my review results generalizable was shattered when I heard the 64 audio guys describing the soundstage of TIA Fourte as positioning “vocals floating at the back of the head.” I have rarely heard any IEM with that sort of localisation and certainly not the Fourte. Since they have no reason to lie, and I know what I hear, it must be concluded that the staging is even more personal than tonal preference.

So, what is a “review” now? IMHO, It’s an empirical data point, gathered through a subjective instrument, which is the ears and mind of a listener. We can only ask for reliability and validity of the instrument itself (reviewer has consistent process and not bias toward/against any brand due to personal grudge). It’s the job of reader to synthesise the conclusion by reading many data points, whilst considering their threats to validity.
As per me, Reviews are highly subjective so is the Hobby. I follow a basic analogy here, since everyone hears differently, why can't reviews be different as well. Also I would like to add, everyone has their own terms and definitions for different audiophile terms. So, I just try to explain the basic sound of any given gear as per my own listening experience only.

Also the music library also plays an important role as per me.

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #95,234 of 104,689
I never imagined myself using Portable USB/BT DAC/AMPs as I have always been a DAP guy. Recently sold off my current Android DAP to pay for a AK SP2KT in HK which ended up in customs collection(they literally asked me over 1500$ just in taxes to get it cleared). Sadly it was the shipper's fault as he included the retail invoice in the bill which was found by the customs. So he sent me a Sony WM1A MK2 as a sorry.

And I also got a DX260 incoming, super excited to try it as well. Both will reach me by end of this month(mostly around 20-21 feb). I had to reconsider the way i import as well as i can't import when i recently got a shipment seized :frowning2: After all this sob story, here I am entering into the weekend with a banging setup.

1707565227449.png

Feb 10, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #95,235 of 104,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back