The discovery thread!
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #94,577 of 100,552
But best part was the KZ rep didn't apologize, but even tried to whack these consumers claiming their measuring rigs are defective etc. I think if the company had apologized or explained about the mesh, the community would have taken it better, rather than being a bull in a China CHIFI shop adding fuel to the fire.
This was THE big issue with recent KZ as they refuse to apologize or even acknowledge the problem and always of counter attack mode.

that particular rep back then also attacking third party measurement complaints during AS16Pro where the third party measurement is different with the official one
That rep blame it on "uncalibrated-hobbygrade 711 is inaccurate compared to their pro tools"

The official one seems done with high current DAP/DAC (akin to Tri TK-2 which does replicate the offical graph) to get measurement
and turns out AS16pro will behave differently with less powerful "normal" player. only after some spats and discovery that they could get AS16pro to sound close official FR graph with some impedance adapter, KZ finally release the AS16Pro-HighImp version.

poops get worse with that rep during Duo as the rep thinks its good idea to fought Truthear fans and later out of nowhere decided to crap on Crin.
which causes even bigger drama than the original "Duo is clone to Zero" issue.
---
Thankfully after some problem and loads of negativity thanks to that one dude,
KZ finally hires multiple different marketers who are less pissy about things.
we also got kz warranty lady, Jenny (only if you bought it from KZTWS.com or KZOfficialstore on ali mind you)
---

I mean the original drama wasn't as big as... TangZu Shimin Li for example where after all the posing and all,
One guy (i think hifri), open up shimin li and found out that ShiminLi uses the exact driver with Wan'er, put it on metal shell and sell it for more than twice the price.

But TangZu quickly apologize, tried to do a repayment to some people who bought Shimin Li and its way better recieved by the fans and community.

1706964201335.png

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #94,578 of 100,552
IMG_20240203_214845.jpg
Just got them after demoing them at Zepplin and co.

I must say the ibasso 3T-154 is one of those iems that performs well at all volumes but is especally strong at high volumes.
The soundstage just expends like crazy and yet it still keeps its composure and has good imaging at all volumes.
Its mostly a moderate V with sharp attack and decay but with round off attack peaks which I think is the trick they used so you can blast them at loud volumes without feeling fatigued.

I think this poised to take over the under 200 market. The only issue I would say is that it doesnt do fine detail and burried texturing well but at the 150usd price and with how engaging it sounds I cant wait for the reviews to start coming in.

Edit:
Personally I feel this iem works wonders with faster pased music including edm but dispespite timbre issues I find myself going back and listening to orchestral music due to how precise everything is. That being said damn its so fun with avaitors music.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #94,579 of 100,552
It was just a piece of mesh that KZ stealthily removed from later versions of the PR2. This mesh, which costs a few cents, was needed to damp the sound so as to avoid it becoming a banshee shoutfest.

Case of penny wise, pound foolish.

Some consumers and audiophiles got a few versions of the PR2, and they took photos of the mesh and graphs - thus catching KZ with their pants down. But best part was the KZ rep didn't apologize, but even tried to whack these consumers claiming their measuring rigs are defective etc. I think if the company had apologized or explained about the mesh, the community would have taken it better, rather than being a bull in a China CHIFI shop adding fuel to the fire.

If that bull in a China shop wasn't enough to put anyone off of KZ for good, I don't know what would.

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #94,580 of 100,552
Nothing beats the eq on the Q5K, having said that the H2 has a reasonably refined sq which is a slightly south of neutral. No eq present and the weight is considerable compared to Q5K. The H2 is far more versatile with UAC dac mode and TFCard mode.
IMG_20240203_095537.jpg
I don’t EQ my IEMs, so nothing lost there. Interesting thank you for the pic! Not too bad. How is the built in player?

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #94,581 of 100,552
Feb 3, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #94,582 of 100,552
I don’t EQ my IEMs, so nothing lost there. Interesting thank you for the pic! Not too bad. How is the built in player?
Pretty nifty and does the job well.

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #94,583 of 100,552
So the P1 Pro is a cheaper S12 then?

NiceHCK better not screw up QC or do stealth revisions moving forward, the entry for IEMs just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper.

I think this might also be the Dioko everyone wanted, that set died very fast.

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #94,584 of 100,552
In the context of the recent planar discussion, Dioko will always remain a great reference set for me for relative neutrality, well-defined extensions to both sub-bass and 10+ kHz treble.

I have three more planar IEMs: KZ HiFi (outdated by other planars to me), KZ Pro (great budget planar, I did not touch any further KZ efforts because of that bad/bully guy :frowning2:) and Muse Power (a treble-rich set that I enjoyed sparingly/carefully).

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #94,585 of 100,552
IMG_6541.jpeg
2 weeks on and the Szalayi continues to wow me.

Such a warm, rich tonality that sounds good with every single genre I have tried it with (and I listen to most all of them!)

The classiest bass I have ever heard in a headphone, not even just IEM. The DD utilization is perfect imo, the bass is full, contains plenty of sub rumble, the mid bass impact is fulfilling and snappy, and the decay/air combo here is truly something special.

The mids are clear, instruments are easily separated, and the bass NEVER muddies it up. The planar being used for mids instead of treble is just genius. The DD covers up the planar timbre so everything sounds natural, and the soundstage is massive, both wide and deep. Vocals are supposedly the Oriolus special, and I believe it. What they manage to do with the tuning while keeping vocals sounding as crisp as they do, just impressive as hell.

The treble is the only thing “lacking” and imo, it isn’t. You just have to use wide bore tips. There are certain genres where i would like a tad more sparkle (metal) but 95% of the time it’s perfect as is.

Build quality is alright. Small amount of driver flex on the right one when doing things like changing tips/cable but it’s not anywhere near as bad as other sets I have used, and doesn’t occur just with movement. The included cable is amazing; I only wish it was modular. The best fabric cable I have ever used (if you happen to have one you wanna get rid of… DM me eh?)

Currently listening to some aggressive metalcore, and it’s just so FULL, the breakdowns hit like a truck and the guitars sound so crisp while maintaining the vocals perfectly. Just amazing.

There is a world where I could be done with this hobby with this one set. Unfortunately for my bank account, my curiosity is not yet satisfied. I’ll be bringing this set to CanJam SoCal if anyone needs a demo. Review soon, but MP145 first! The sound is still settling in on these.

Edit - for all my bassheads/soundstage lovers out there, this is a must.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #94,586 of 100,552
In the context of the recent planar discussion, Dioko will always remain a great reference set for me for relative neutrality, well-defined extensions to both sub-bass and 10+ kHz treble.

I have three more planar IEMs: KZ HiFi (outdated by other planars to me), KZ Pro (great budget planar, I did not touch any further KZ efforts because of that bad/bully guy :frowning2:) and Muse Power (a treble-rich set that I enjoyed sparingly/carefully).
I got out of the planar business after buying the first four that came out of the gate with great acclaim (I won't repeat what they were, because I've posted them plenty and sold them mostly to fellow headfiers), and kept the OG Wu Zetian as my personal favorite. Even compared to my other IEMs, they can still hang almost two years later, and are marvelous for fast music, so I'm not in the least tempted by the NiceHCK (I have their NX7 III & IV, and those are perfectly fine). The OG Wu is a marvel.

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #94,587 of 100,552
IMG_6541.jpeg
2 weeks on and the Szalayi continues to wow me.

Such a warm, rich tonality that sounds good with every single genre I have tried it with (and I listen to most all of them!)

The classiest bass I have ever heard in a headphone, not even just IEM. The DD utilization is perfect imo, the bass is full, contains plenty of sub rumble, the mid bass impact is fulfilling and snappy, and the decay/air combo here is truly something special.

The mids are clear, instruments are easily separated, and the bass NEVER muddies it up. The planar being used for mids instead of treble is just genius. The DD covers up the planar timbre so everything sounds natural, and the soundstage is massive, both wide and deep. Vocals are supposedly the Oriolus special, and I believe it. What they manage to do with the tuning while keeping vocals sounding as crisp as they do, just impressive as hell.

The treble is the only thing “lacking” and imo, it isn’t. You just have to use wide bore tips. There are certain genres where i would like a tad more sparkle (metal) but 95% of the time it’s perfect as is.

Build quality is alright. Small amount of driver flex on the right one when doing things like changing tips/cable but it’s not anywhere near as bad as other sets I have used, and doesn’t occur just with movement. The included cable is amazing; I only wish it was modular. The best fabric cable I have ever used (if you happen to have one you wanna get rid of… DM me eh?)

Currently listening to some aggressive metalcore, and it’s just so FULL, the breakdowns hit like a truck and the guitars sound so crisp while maintaining the vocals perfectly. Just amazing.

There is a world where I could be done with this hobby with this one set. Unfortunately for my bank account, my curiosity is not yet satisfied. I’ll be bringing this set to CanJam SoCal if anyone needs a demo. Review soon, but MP145 first! The sound is still settling in on these.
This is how I feel about the Aur Aures and the Oriveti OD200. Both deliver such rich bass, and though each is warmer than my personal preference, the mids on both are so beautifully presented, I lose myself in both, but both have less sparkly treble than I like, so that's their draw back, but they are both very spacious anyways, and mostly, there's enough treble to not turn me off, but leave me wanting just a touch more.

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #94,588 of 100,552
This is how I feel about the Aur Aures and the Oriveti OD200. Both deliver such rich bass, and though each is warmer than my personal preference, the mids on both are so beautifully presented, I lose myself in both, but both have less sparkly treble than I like, so that's their draw back, but they are both very spacious anyways, and mostly, there's enough treble to not turn me off, but leave me wanting just a touch more.
The Ascension was in consideration as well, and I plan on picking up an OD200 whenever I have some extra hobby funds. Hopefully someone has something from the AüR lineup at CJ, I wanna hear em.

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #94,589 of 100,552
Feb 3, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #94,590 of 100,552

Users who are viewing this thread

Back