The discovery thread!
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #93,961 of 106,567
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #93,962 of 106,567
DSC_0082.jpegs.jpeg

DSC_0113.jpegqw.jpeg

DSC_0077.jpeg2.jpeg
This hype train has already left the station and arrived at Terminus. lol We got the equal rave and denouncement, so yeah, NEXT!! I'm sure Penon will bless us with another variation soon? LOL

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #93,963 of 106,567
Since seeing those posts by @F700 and @PeacockObscura i just can't get off this Canpur Train. I'm very curious to know if anyone here has heard the CP622b. The Cp54e looks gorgeous and I trust the impressions by f700 but as I've been digging around, the added bone conduction in the 622 sounds vey appealing to me. Anyone heard them?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #93,964 of 106,567
Simgot EA1000 + JVC spiral dot OG tips + iBasso DX170 = Simply SUBLIME. Puts most everything I own or have heard at most price ranges ($5.00-$1,000) to shame!

Listening to Cecilie Strange - Blue album and the stand out is the transparency, space between instruments, timbre, and details. You can hear the skin of the percussion, the brush strokes, the click of the metal rims, the vibration of the drums and the breathes of the sax. Now there's IEM's that can pick this up, but not at the clarity. The volume of the details, even at low hearing volume. This is what separates the EA1000 from the Aure or OD200 or IE800 or RE800. That and the soundstage is engulfing and immersive.

But this synergy is with the DX170. It's not as expansive, transparent, or detailed on the Sony's or the Fiio. These play best with the DX170 and surprisingly enough, the Sansa Fuze.

If you own the EA1000, do yourself a favor and pick this album up, and here's the song Hymn To Papa that was such an aural experience for me.

1000011796.jpg

Wonderful tune, thank you, added to my list. Highly complex. Tough to get right without sounding either dry or sharp.

However, I'm happy to report, M15S + AüR Ascension get it oh so very right! The DD as well as ESTs are up to the task, while BAs have no major issues dissecting layers and details.

Would love to have an EA1000 to see just how close a good single DD can actually get. I bet it's way up there, deep into diminishing returns area.

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #93,965 of 106,567
1000011796.jpg

Wonderful tune, thank you, added to my list. Highly complex. Tough to get right without sounding either dry or sharp.

However, I'm happy to report, M15S + AüR Ascension get it oh so very right! The DD as well as ESTs are up to the task, while BAs have no major issues dissecting layers and details.

Would love to have an EA1000 to see just how close a good single DD can actually get. I bet it's way up there, deep into diminishing returns area.
I already have a very good single DD IEM - Shozy B2, but I never heard EA1000. If somebody has both it would be very interesting to compare.

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #93,966 of 106,567
If there is anyone who purchased the Penon Quattro and is unhappy with it, you have not done your homework and prep work.
I received my Quattro last Saturday and immediately hooked it up to my break-in system. I installed a Liquid Links Aune 2 cable, then plugged it in to my L & P W4 dongle and then into my Mac Mini playing long playlists from Tidal, It now sounds fabulous . The Quattro needs 100 to 150 hours of break-in and a decent powered source.
DD and planar drivers need break-in. You can take a BA driver IEM from its box and it will sound great.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #93,967 of 106,567
If there is anyone who purchased the Penon Quattro and is unhappy with it, you have not done your homework and prep work.
I received my Quattro last Saturday and immediately hooked it up to my break-in system. I installed a Liquid Links Aune 2 cable, then plugged it in to my L & P W4 dongle and then into my Mac Mini playing long playlists from Tidal, It now sounds fabulous . The Quattro needs 100 to 150 hours of break-in and a decent powered source.
DD and planar drivers need break-in. You can take a BA driver IEM from its box and it will sound great.
I've had 8 different Planar sets and every single one of them shifted dramatically up through 100 hours and continued refining through 400.... I agree with you completely. Quattro wasn't on my Radar but I guess I'll take a look, who knows, planar #9 might be coming into the stable....
Oops, now I see, Quattro isn't a planar at all, but I still agree with you comments re: break-in / burn-in

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #93,968 of 106,567
Now Sennheiser just impressed me! Well, let me say Sonova! I sent in my IE600 for repairs, and they send me back a sealed new set in box. I was not expecting that. So now I know their customer service and warranty go above and beyond. Nevertheless, I'm selling these.

Attachments

• IE600.jpg
    IE600.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 0
  • new seal.jpg
    new seal.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 0
Jan 27, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #93,969 of 106,567
Jan 27, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #93,970 of 106,567
1000011796.jpg

Yes sir! Glad you got enjoyment out of it, and it is absolutely a great tune and TEST TRACK.

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #93,971 of 106,567
Did you put that image together yourself? It really made me laugh. Absolutely brilliant.

It’s so fitting and accurate for about 95% of us on here, every time we see someone post about something new or there’s a new product announcement.

Yep, thanks! (all you need is PicMonkey, and a dumb idea) And you are right, that is pretty much how I'm always feeling around here. :eyes:

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #93,972 of 106,567
anyone rocking a Sony nw-zx707 and have some feedback? I am really trying to upgrade my source before buying more IEMs, this falls nicely in the price range.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #93,973 of 106,567
Liquid Links Aune 2 cable = how much is it exactly? can't find the price but probably 500$ level or more

L&P W4 dongle = 449

So the homework is to spend almost triple amount of more money to get the best of them?

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #93,974 of 106,567
Liquid Links Aune 2 cable = how much is it exactly? can't find the price but probably 500$ level or more

L&P W4 dongle = 449

So the homework is to spend almost triple amount of more money to get the best of them?
Kinda sounds like it? The LL cable is indeed roughly $500.00. So essentially $1,000 for the dongle and cable. Spendy.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #93,975 of 106,567
I would have never even thought to test that, but since you requested it I tried making a phone call using one of my wife's gaming headsets.
It has a TRRS cable that uses an adapter to split into separate mic and headphone outputs.
I removed the splitter and ran the TRRS connection into the FC6.
The person on the other end could hear me loud and clear.
So, I believe that means it does indeed work.
Very cool!

Unfortunately - you may have been tricked, by the microphone on the phone being active, and picking up your voice.
First off, the HiBy FC6 website Specifications section says, "Headphone out: 3.5mm TRS and CTIA-spec TRRS headsets."
So I ordered an FC6, intending to use it with a work PC and headphones that have a Mic, for teleconferences, and listening to music.

I received my FC6 yesterday, and was surprised to see the last line in the description of the 3.5mm Headphone Output in the Quick Guide.
The whole Headphone Output section says: "3.5mm Headphone out: Supports 3.5mm TRS and CTIA-standard headsets with remote button (play/pause). Microphone is not supported." (emphasis added)
I'm still not sure what sort of Review/Feedback I'm going to leave on AliExpress, since I spent ~$270 to order the FC6 - which I would not have ordered, if their website had displayed full & accurate information.
I did send an email to HiBy, asking them to update their website Specifications section, noting that Microphones are not supported. They replied, saying that only the Inline Remote part of the CTIA-spec is supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back