The discovery thread!
Nov 11, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #88,517 of 100,563
PENON Fan 2
15 sets of Divinis Velvet tips
£200 all Inc tax stack them coupons baby

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #88,518 of 100,563
Anyone own NiceHCK SnowAg cable? Like the look of the white/silver aesthetic, but wondering how the comfort is. Else, I might just stick with buying another Tripowin Zonie.
I don't own it yet, but for the current 11.11 price it's a steal, so I'll buy it for sure!

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #88,519 of 100,563
me rn after ordering 4 cables in the middle of the night and waking up still wanting to order the DragonScale…
welp, mission failed, DragonScale ordered and I am never buying cables again.

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #88,520 of 100,563
Moondrop Dark Saber is $120 off on Linsoul...anyone biting? I thought that one wasn't even out yet.

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #88,521 of 100,563
Why is the NiceHCK DragonScale so coveted and desired? Are silver and palladium so much more conducive than pure silver (as the SnowAg) that you can tell the difference? I found no reviews about it.

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #88,522 of 100,563
Still undecided on what to do with $100 LEC from Linsoul. Torn between the Aladdin, Simgot EA1000, Tanchjim Oxygen, or getting a Shanling CD80. The Aladdin came in late. I had forgotten it. Anyone care to share their recent experiences and compare with any of these others if you own them. Not sure what I would get in the CD80 and whether buying the ECMini would be wiser?

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #88,523 of 100,563
Why is the NiceHCK DragonScale so coveted and desired? Are silver and palladium so much more conducive than pure silver (as the SnowAg) that you can tell the difference? I found no reviews about it.
I think it looks nice, and am morbidly curious why a cable could be so much since I have no first hand experience. Got a mixture of cables to test against it and didn’t see any IEMs I wanted so.. figured why not? I’m not one to think cables change the sound too much, fit and function are primary in my purchases but I am taking the chance to be proven wrong and test it for myself. 😊

I use reviews as a basis for facts, rarely for the opinion parts cause in this hobby, everything is so subjective. So now I have 5 cables on the way of varying prices to see what fits my needs!

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #88,524 of 100,563
Moondrop Dark Saber is $120 off on Linsoul...anyone biting? I thought that one wasn't even out yet.
People report poor QC on the 2-pin with that set but I’m unsure how widespread that is?

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #88,525 of 100,563

I think it’s less about the materials (silver for crisp detail, palladium for body), and more for the thickness and quality of construction. Ironically it is the resistance and capacitance of cables that often affects the sound, with better conducting cables transmitting a purer uncoloured sound.

You can get a cable made of those materials for a fraction the price (Xinhs has a nice example), but with the DragonScale I would expect the brightness of silver to be tamed by sheer thickness of the cable. It has other fancy features too, such as advanced shielding that they claim helps reduce interference. Having not tried it, I can’t say if it is actually any good.

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #88,526 of 100,563
I think it’s less about the materials (silver for crisp detail, palladium for body), and more for the thickness and quality of construction. Ironically it is the resistance and capacitance of cables that often affects the sound, with better conducting cables transmitting a purer uncoloured sound.

You can get a cable made of those materials for a fraction the price (Xinhs has a nice example), but with the DragonScale I would expect the brightness of silver to be tamed by sheer thickness of the cable. It has other fancy features too, such as advanced shielding that they claim helps reduce interference. Having not tried it, I can’t say if it is actually any good.

Fair enough! I have noticed that I practically always agree with what you write and therefore it will be interesting to know your impressions when you'll receive it. Which IEM would you mostly pair it with? I imagine something that has blue in it... but that's not necessarily the case.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #88,528 of 100,563
I was also looking for the DragonScale, but watching some japanese dudes forums, reviews and comments, It seemed that the DualDragon was a tier higher (also newer) than the DragonScale. It was also cheaper with coupons at this 11.11 so I went for DualDragon (86 euros + taxes).
The DualDragon has 8N OCC vs 7N OCC with a different type of cable material; and a weird 4.4mm + 3.5mm grounding tech that I didn't buy into, so I went with a normal 4.4mm.
(left: DualDragon; right: DragonScale)
1699731383623.png
1699731425410.png

I guess palladium is still more expensive than graphene.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #88,529 of 100,563
listening to Mojito, what a sound signature…

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #88,530 of 100,563
I bought a RE800 on Ali and it doesn't seems to be a fake. Nice sounding ... as expected.
Delivered with the full package.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back