The discovery thread!
Nov 10, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #88,411 of 106,680
Ok, I think I am interested in the Geek Wold GK200.
Any good 11.11 deals you guys have found for this set?
Thanks!

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #88,413 of 106,680
Have you tried Zen Pro? Any comparisons with the R1? Asking because I already have the ZP.
I don't have the Zen Pro, I do have the Zen the difference is big. The Zen is warmer more lush in comparison to the more open extended treble and mids giving more space for the music to expand. We are talking comparing a £57 to to £580 iem the qualitive difference is way smaller I would say it's more a choice of taste rather than one being better. Like a warm coloured sound then Zen want a brighter more airy sound with very little bleed between frequency ranges then R1

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #88,414 of 106,680
All my further thoughts will be stock no filters on nozels for Wind with burn in the wind has really mellowed out and I am doing a/b/c with the Chopin and Advar
Now the latter is not a fair comparison as it sounds a few levels higher than both in every way.

Stock the Chopin in Comparison to the Wind is more vocal forward thinner in note weight and not as natural sounding than the Wind, Stage is narrow but does better job with Mico dynamic and female vocals bieng forward brings them to life at the expense of proper tonality.

The Wind plays slightly recessed in the mix , a tad on the warmer darker side and the opposite for the Chopin slightly forward and thin

Natural tonality Wind wins

Micro dynamics Chopin wins

Bass Wind the Bone Conduction works and adds special sauce

Mids toss up do you prefer warmer or focal forward?

Highs go to Chopin but both sound a bit rolled off.

The Chopin has a very wierd shell shape and nozzle I will say this will be a issue for alot of people, though it does seem to effect comfort for me it is Probably effecting sound impressions not bieng able to get the nozzle in my ear canal vs "just the tip"All my further thoughts will be stock no filters on nozels for Wind with burn in the wind has really mellowed out and I am doing a/b/c with the Chopin and Advar
Now the latter is not a fair comparison as it sounds a few levels higher than both in every way.

Stock the Chopin in Comparison to the Wind is more vocal forward thinner in note weight and not as natural sounding than the Wind, Stage is narrow but does better job with Mico dynamic and female vocals bieng forward brings them to life at the expense of proper tonality.

The Wind plays slightly recessed in the mix , a tad on the warmer darker side and the opposite for the Chopin slightly forward and thin

Natural tonality Wind wins

Micro dynamics Chopin wins

Bass Wind the Bone Conduction works and adds special sauce

Mids toss up do you prefer warmer or focal forward?

Highs go to Chopin but both sound a bit rolled off.

The Chopin has a very wierd shell shape and nozzle I will say this will be a issue for alot of people, though it does seem to effect comfort for me it is Probably effecting sound impressions not bieng able to get the nozzle in my ear canal vs "just the tip"

From what I have learned from Simon Fisk and the Plungies from Plunge Audio.
How the average ear shape works is in and back and up not in forward and out like the Chopin does it. Now maybe this was a conscious decision on behalf of Binary Acoustics or a major oversight.
Do you know the diameter of the nozzle on Chopin? I too have issues with large nozzles.

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #88,415 of 106,680
20231110_131543~2.JPG
What an embarrassment of riches this last couple of weeks... First the Oriveti OD200 a truly incredibly DD iem I mean flagship Totl sound, then The Muse hifi east 6 a fantastic all round DD implemented iem. Only for the ARTTI R1 to come and stir the hornets nest with incredible dynamic triple DD's.
The R1 is so cohesive it sounds like one driver that covers all frequencies with expertise. You do need to make sure you have the perfect seal, all hail Divinis velvet tips, to get the full deep dynamic bass effect, but when you do WOW!

The open airy, detail rich, yet authoritive bass, heavy signature is a marvel to behold.

With 11.11 around the corner it can be had for £57 which is a steal. Not only is it a beautifully designed iem it comes with a great cable available in 4.4mm or 3.5mm terminations (4.4mm all the way)

To say I recommend this is underselling how much you should just buy it.
If you listen to Rock, pop, EDM or JAZZ it's the bargain of 2023!
Enough said!
Damnit, I was thinking of buying only one more iem this year, and then you post this... :)
I was targeting Phoenixcall, but now I might have to get these as well.
You haven't by any chance heard Phoenixcall and can compare?

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #88,416 of 106,680
New cables for the Koss Porta Pro!? Any favourites?
I’m still new to the game, I wanna start doing mods in the next year though… call it resolution of sorts
I'm exactly in the same situation. I have some nice cables in my cart (despite collecting coupons in AE games is quite challenging), like the NiceHCK SnowAg. I already have the MeetAlice and despite quite microphonic it has nice hardware. The Silver SnowAg should improve mids and highs of my EST50, similarly to the Penon Vocal I guess, which is too much goldy and bling-bling for me.
I was almost there to get the ARTTI R1, but jump to BQEYZ Wind (silver version, so that those crazy letters are less visible) or IvipQ Conch V12 looks more interesting to me.
You can play games to get AE coupons? lol I need to go figure that out today I guess :darthsmile:
yea I am looking at some XIHNS or nicehck cables. The mp145 2pin posts have sharp edges! Really stinks cause it’s a great cable in every other way.

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #88,417 of 106,680
Damnit, I was thinking of buying only one more iem this year, and then you post this... :)
I was targeting Phoenixcall, but now I might have to get these as well.
You haven't by any chance heard Phoenixcall and can compare?
Afraid not I'm eyeing the phoenix too its between the phoenix and penon Fan2 at the moment 1st world problems what to get on 11.11

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #88,419 of 106,680
Let us talk about reliable companies. When I started buying iems it was Sennheiser, Tanchjim, Dunu, Kinera, and maybe Moondrop. Then I became aware of Thieaudio, BGVP, and Penon among a few others. Then recently Kiwi Ears, Simgot and Aful. I know there are many others, but these are what got me started. Are they any more or less reliable than they were? Who has taken a step back and who seems to have momentum?

Nov 10, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #88,420 of 106,680
Afraid not I'm eyeing the phoenix too its between the phoenix and penon Fan2 at the moment 1st world problems what to get on 11.11
If you are on the Penon Mailing list the Fan 2 is extremely discounted

Nov 10, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #88,422 of 106,680
I got Fan2, love it. I have an even bigger problem, where to hide all iems from my wife? Luckily they're small.
my partner’s face when the MP145 was delivered on date night…

My advice is use the same color cable at the least so it looks consistent on first glance 😆

Nov 10, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #88,423 of 106,680
The GreyRhino cable from NiceHCK is a nice match for the Hype 2.
Digging the album "Dreems" by Cassius today!

1110231346.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back