The discovery thread!
Nov 5, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #88,066 of 100,639
Thank you. I think the upcoming kiwi ears forteza is what I'm looking for.
Kinda resembling IER Z1R 😅 in the driver count.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #88,067 of 100,639
Very interested to know how this compares to a standard Apple/Google dongle. As you know, here in the UK the basic dongles are only about 16mw, so if you are able to compare I'd greatly appreciate it.
I can't measure the output, but the Aiderlot is more powerful and more resolving than this one, which I have:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stouchi-He...qid=1699176510&sprefix=stouchi,aps,136&sr=8-4

And the Aiderlot is much higher quality and more powerful than the one bundled with the Fiio FF1. It is also really well made.

Nov 5, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #88,068 of 100,639
Very interested to know how this compares to a standard Apple/Google dongle. As you know, here in the UK the basic dongles are only about 16mw, so if you are able to compare I'd greatly appreciate it.
I have just searched online and the output of the ALC5686 chip in the DC02 is 65mW.

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #88,069 of 100,639
Thank you. I think the upcoming kiwi ears forteza is what I'm looking for.
Kinda resembling IER Z1R 😅 in the driver count.

IIRC in the Z1R, the config is extremely unique. There is 1 DD that actually handles the upper treble, unlike most hybrids/multi DD sets where the DDs are usually covering the bass or at most the mids.

Nov 5, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #88,070 of 100,639
IIRC in the Z1R, the config is extremely unique. There is 1 DD that actually handles the upper treble, unlike most hybrids/multi DD sets where the DDs are usually covering the bass or at most the mids.
Interesting didn't knew this about Z1R, only tried it once with a stiff thick cable that made it hard to get proper seal.

This is also how the AüR Audio Aure work, unless I got told wrong by the maker.
The 1 DD work full range. 2 BA in the mids. And 4 BA highs.

Gives a more dynamic and full sound that is not there on most other hybrids.

IMG_20230724_144344_810.jpg

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #88,071 of 100,639
Interesting didn't knew this about Z1R, only tried it once with a stiff thick cable that made it hard to get proper seal.

This is also how the AüR Audio Aure work, unless I got told wrong by the maker.
The 1 DD work full range. 2 BA in the mids. And 4 BA highs.

Gives a more dynamic and full sound that is not there on most other hybrids.

IMG_20230724_144344_810.jpg

Yeah the Z1R is one of the worst fitting IEMs out there. Lots of folks cannot get a proper fit/seal, which is a pity cause it is quite endgame if you are a bass lover, in terms of quality of the bass.

However, it also has a rather recessed midrange (V-shaped profile), so midrange lovers and vocalheads best look elsewhere.

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #88,072 of 100,639
Yeah the Z1R is one of the worst fitting IEMs out there. Lots of folks cannot get a proper fit/seal, which is a pity cause it is quite endgame if you are a bass lover, in terms of quality of the bass.

However, it also has a rather recessed midrange (V-shaped profile), so midrange lovers and vocalheads best look elsewhere.
I hold the IER-Z1R above every IEM ever made....or at least the ones I’ve tried? :) Fits me perfect, though I can sympathize with the users who have fit issues. Basically the IER produces a window into musical reality, that is both note weighted and dynamic with details that are unique in my experience. Such details may be from the top-end DD? Or it’s the phase coherent properties of the bass DD, yet if I was to criticize it, the midrange BA could be a little more forward, but you get used to how it sounds, and bask in the pure musicality contained! IMO

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #88,075 of 100,639
Nov 5, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #88,076 of 100,639
Got 'em mixed my mistake!

It's the R1 I was talking about.

Yeah, I've heard the DZ4 has a passive radiator, need to find out what that means, never heard of it til the DZ4 dropped.

Wouldn't be surprised if the R1 ends up being a solid sub $100 IEM, the DZ4 was well received.
I've been wanting to hear something about the R1 for well I guess as long as it's been on AliEx according to advertisement it hits a lot of things that I like. Big dynamic driver fan. I seem to always like a metal shell I don't know why. And wood second and then all of the plastics probably third. And then I love really 3D semi kind of presentation. Eg07m sort of.(the shower one that comes in three different models well for if you include customized.) In the scheme of things it's not really that expensive but it's still a little bit of change and I'm so tired of getting these first gen and then ending up short. I always end up kicking myself in the you know what for jumping the bus. LOL probably happen again. There's a little problem with the DZ4. Supposedly. You should look up the dz4 on YouTube. Check out some of the reviews and a couple of notable reviews talk about something that's weird with it. Good luck Erik

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #88,077 of 100,639
The BQEYZ KC2. Still great if you can get it for ~$40.
I couldn't agree more one of my all-time favorites!! Both versions!!! Phenomenal recommendation believe it or not. Nice job 👍👍 seriously still sounds unbelievably great especially if you give it just a little decent dongle dac.

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #88,079 of 100,639

Yeah, I've heard the DZ4 has a passive radiator, need to find out what that means, never heard of it til the DZ4 dropped.

Wouldn't be surprised if the R1 ends up being a solid sub $100 IEM, the DZ4 was well received.
My bad when I said that they just want the work they don't care what brand they stamp on it. I didn't infer that meaning they don't care I mean they just want the work bad!!! Their grateful to have the work. That's why all these OEMs are popping up and allowing themselves to be recognized as the back ground for a lot of Major brands. It's not a bad thing it's a good thing it's competition that they're getting a better profit margin it makes the major brands have to put their twist on something exclusive. I don't know about you but I like things to have different nuances or signatures to them. I have a preferred sound that I like as anyone does but I don't want everything to sound the same. Anyhow my apologies Erik

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #88,080 of 100,639

I'm excited about the R1. I have a good feeling it's going to be an interesting piece. Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back