The discovery thread!
Jul 27, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #83,941 of 106,788
Aurora's here! 🥰

And despite the lack of any fancy packaging the Wow effect is stronger than ever. No pictures (not even @Leonarfd 's awesome pics 😆) can do justice to just how eventful and layered the faceplate is in reality 😀

Sound impressions will have to wait 🤭

20230727_133536.jpg
Congrats on the pick up, it's such a stunning IEM!

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #83,943 of 106,788
For sure. Some might even find $1000 budget :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
No, I really do think $500 is middle fidelity, come to really think about it. So for many $300 would be considered the start of mid-fi. With how the market has changed we are now gifted with really good $100 sets and even special $50 adds. The window into what you can enjoy for $50 has changed dramatically since 2016......IMO.

While summit-fi is definitely a special place for the few, it’s all relative to what you are used to. The sequencing of equipment and the fun of making progress into whatever area you find to be thrilling is what’s important in the end.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #83,945 of 106,788
No, I really do think $500 is middle fidelity, come to really think about it. So for many $300 would be considered the start of mid-fi. With how the market has changed we are now gifted with really good $100 sets and even special $50 adds. The window into what you can enjoy for $50 has changed dramatically since 2016......IMO.

While summit-fi is definitely a special place for the few, it’s all relative to what you are used to. The sequencing of equipment and the fun of making progress into whatever area you find to be thrilling is what’s important in the end.
Agreed! We really are in the best time for porta-fi, specifically on the IEM and Chi-Fi front. So many good sets have come out which leaves others to adapt or die.

But yeah at the end of the day, it's all about where you're satisfied and having the most fun.

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #83,946 of 106,788
I just got the Raptgo Bridge yesterday and have put in 4ish hours with them. They seem amazing! I can’t believe these didn’t get much run. I know there were a couple people on here touting them but dang.

They were a hair bright early but then I paired them with a darker cable and it put them right in the slot.

I have/have had Canon, T800, SR5, 41T, DTE500 and a few others in more of a budget category but these are in the running for my best. With slightly warmer cable these things play close to SR5 in tonality with better/smoother treble and OOTB better base quality. It’s close but so far seems a bit tighter
I am intrigued by these.
I love the BQEYZ Winter which also has piezoelectric drivers.
I wonder if they would also have the 3D, holographic sound stage that the Winter produces?
:thinking:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #83,947 of 106,788
I just got the Raptgo Bridge yesterday and have put in 4ish hours with them. They seem amazing! I can’t believe these didn’t get much run. I know there were a couple people on here touting them but dang.

They were a hair bright early but then I paired them with a darker cable and it put them right in the slot.

I have/have had Canon, T800, SR5, 41T, DTE500 and a few others in more of a budget category but these are in the running for my best. With slightly warmer cable these things play close to SR5 in tonality with better/smoother treble and OOTB better base quality. It’s close but so far seems a bit tighter

Glad to hear it! The Bridge legend slowly grows…

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #83,949 of 106,788
Jul 27, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #83,953 of 106,788
Is there a release date?
No idea.
First 10 is shipped now for QC, if I understood right. Then 15 more will be made, quite sure many already have booked a pair 🙂

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #83,955 of 106,788

last time it was in the $100 band, I gave up because it was said to be too bright. I currently have a t 800 and a sr 5 in shipping. Is this model close to t 800 in detail? The t 800 is at a level that can even compete with most current models in terms of detail. t 800 is good but a bit far from fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back