The discovery thread!
Jul 5, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #82,353 of 100,349
Jul 5, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #82,354 of 100,349
Once and a while you get a surprise and I was given a set of CVJ TXS and only now just getting a chance to listen.

I was honestly not expecting much for $12 but have to say I am pleasantly surprised at the sound you can get out of this set.

They are a easy listen nice bass, clean neutral mids and a pleasantly tuned smooth upper end.
No real complaints except the switches don't do anything I could hear.

Easy rec for a starter IEM.
Gotta love ChiFi for value.

Attachments

• 236938238-433112348.jpg
    236938238-433112348.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 0
Jul 5, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #82,355 of 100,349
I have to give credit where credit is due. I think it’s fairly hard to deny how great of an IEM the Sound Rhyme SR5 is. This is, I’d say, objectively a properly tuned IEM with fantastic Technical prowess. I’ve been very much enjoying my pair for the last few days now and while at first it did take me a little time to find the right tip, once I did, man. They sang to me.

Good call, @AmericanSpirit - it took me a while to confirm it but, dude wasn’t full of bs. Fair play 🤝
Another round of thanks to @AmericanSpirit. I love the SR5 - fit, timbre and tonality. For me it's perfect. I asked Penon to give me a cable to take the slight edge off the treble and they sent me the ISN GS4 - great synergy. So much so I sold the 41T (too dark in comparison) and the FAN 2 (warm, detailed sound but terrible fit for me, don't understand the nozzle angulation). Might sell the OG FAN if it doesn't stack up against the SR5.

The SR5 has temporarily closed the door to new IEMs - I have gone to the dark side and have been modding Beyerdynamic DT770 PROs instead. Looking forward to London CanJam, this year I'll actually test headphones instead of IEMs!

Jul 5, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #82,356 of 100,349
Just picked up the 7Hz Legato. *chefs kiss*
Early impressions, is this is a very balanced-sounding IEM... even though there is a dominant analog bass characteristic. The bass just washes over you as you sink further and further into the Legato's depths. Subterranean, yet clear, not harsh. The 'Roland Jupiter-6' of IEMs.

Despite having a similar tuning the KBear Rosefinch is bit more aggressive and lively, and can be perceived as hitting harder. It's a phenomenal little IEM for the price. The poor man's Legato? Better to say a predecessor, or relative and that is high-praise. The Rosefinch is in its own right. Initially, it can seem a bit sparkly, but the Rosefinch tuning is also very good and the bass quality is fantastic. Even if one wanted to spend a chunk of their budget on some neutralish/harmanish set the Rosefinch should be in anyone's kit who wants a deeper mood, enjoys bass-oriented genres, and wants to recreate a bit of that live room / club atmosphere. Decent build and design as well.

And if that description entices, but you have more money to spend, and you want a bit less fatiguing sound, lovely metal shell, great cable, with one of the best cases* I've seen included with an IEM - both better than what I got in with my Blessing 2.Then get the Legato. Or both. The Rosefinch would make an excellent outdoor set, and will cut through any background sound.

*I mean the case is practically a tiny living room for your IEMs.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #82,357 of 100,349
Man, these eartips are super good, these are called Feaulle Latex HS70. I bought a set from a local retailer and treated my Solaris OG with this. Comfortable, gripping fit, and makes the pair sound more open(compared to the stock Final Audio E tips of the Solaris). Also got Softears Ultra Clear tips, these are so good, these literally disappear into my ears, treated the Falcon Ultra with these. Sorry for my bad quality image was just super excited to share it with you guys so clicked a random image with my phone.
eartips .jpg

Ah forgot to mention, sorry this post might get a little long, but I forgot to make this post earlier this week. Last week I got some products to test and review from HiFiGo. I got myself the DUNU's latest triad including the Kima Classic, the Falcon Ultra, and also the new upcoming Alpha 3 earbuds. Man, the Falcon Ultra sounds phenomenal, it's clear, it's natural, and it has a charming factor to it that I just can't put these down, the Kima Classic has a little focus on the midrange, and vocals sound juicy and lively on this set, and the Alpha 3 has a mid-bass boosted balanced signature. Here are some images and also the graph for Falcon Ultra and Kima classic(no graph for Alpha 3 as it's an earbud and the coupler doesn't get the proper bass emphasizing in the result so.

Alpha 3 1.jpg

Alpha 3.jpg

Falcon Ultra.jpg

Kima Classic + Falcon Ultra.jpg

Kima Classic.jpg

Falcon Ultra.jpg

Falcon Ultra Graph^^

DUNU Kima Classic.jpg

DUNU Kima Classic Graph^^

You guys can also check out other graphs on my Squiglink(recently setup):-
https://gadgetgenerations.squig.link/

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #82,358 of 100,349
Man, these eartips are super good, these are called Feaulle Latex HS70. I bought a set from a local retailer and treated my Solaris OG with this. Comfortable, gripping fit, and makes the pair sound more open(compared to the stock Final Audio E tips of the Solaris). Also got Softears Ultra Clear tips, these are so good, these literally disappear into my ears, treated the Falcon Ultra with these. Sorry for my bad quality image was just super excited to share it with you guys so clicked a random image with my phone.
eartips .jpg

Ah forgot to mention, sorry this post might get a little long, but I forgot to make this post earlier this week. Last week I got some products to test and review from HiFiGo. I got myself the DUNU's latest triad including the Kima Classic, the Falcon Ultra, and also the new upcoming Alpha 3 earbuds. Man, the Falcon Ultra sounds phenomenal, it's clear, it's natural, and it has a charming factor to it that I just can't put these down, the Kima Classic has a little focus on the midrange, and vocals sound juicy and lively on this set, and the Alpha 3 has a mid-bass boosted balanced signature. Here are some images and also the graph for Falcon Ultra and Kima classic(no graph for Alpha 3 as it's an earbud and the coupler doesn't get the proper bass emphasizing in the result so.

Alpha 3 1.jpg
Alpha 3.jpg
Falcon Ultra.jpg
Kima Classic.jpg
Falcon Ultra.jpg
Falcon Ultra Graph^^

DUNU Kima Classic.jpg

Hey @gadgetgod nice and detailed review..

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #82,359 of 100,349
So….

It’s actually in production and available on Amazon JP🤣

IMG_7920.jpegIMG_7919.jpeg
$30USD+ intl shipping.
https://amzn.asia/d/egRDQIn

Hmmmmmmmmm!!

Per my twitter pal who got it, it can change the sound signature by adjusting the reflection panel….👀

I may give it a try..!

Nvm…they are not shipping internationally 🫠🥲

Again, eccentric audio gadgets only available for Japanese people…😭

Bro did you buy the Jujujet eartips in the end?

1688539282088.png

Photo courtesy of Hatena (audio-sound)

Supposedly will give better soundstage, but the fitting looks weird, like it will scrape the insides of the ear. Plus it costs around $50 - 60USD a pair after factoring in shipping!!! Might be costlier than some IEMs!

Reminds me of those doggy collar thingies:
de40a73e-b6a7-4541-a977-065efa44d162.jpg

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #82,360 of 100,349
eartips .jpg

Alpha 3 1.jpg
Alpha 3.jpg
Falcon Ultra.jpg
Kima Classic.jpg
Falcon Ultra.jpg
Falcon Ultra Graph^^

DUNU Kima Classic.jpg

I love the Dunu Alpha

image.jpg

It’s like big companies with strong R&D team flexing on DIYers. They sound like a mid- to high-end IEM

Jul 5, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #82,361 of 100,349
Just picked up the 7Hz Legato. *chefs kiss*
Early impressions, is this is a very balanced-sounding IEM... even though there is a dominant analog bass characteristic. The bass just washes over you as you sink further and further into the Legato's depths. Subterranean, yet clear, not harsh. The 'Roland Jupiter-6' of IEMs.

Despite having a similar tuning the KBear Rosefinch is bit more aggressive and lively, and can be perceived as hitting harder. It's a phenomenal little IEM for the price. The poor man's Legato? Better to say a predecessor, or relative and that is high-praise. The Rosefinch is in its own right. Initially, it can seem a bit sparkly, but the Rosefinch tuning is also very good and the bass quality is fantastic. Even if one wanted to spend a chunk of their budget on some neutralish/harmanish set the Rosefinch should be in anyone's kit who wants a deeper mood, enjoys bass-oriented genres, and wants to recreate a bit of that live room / club atmosphere. Decent build and design as well.

And if that description entices, but you have more money to spend, and you want a bit less fatiguing sound, lovely metal shell, great cable, with one of the best cases* I've seen included with an IEM - both better than what I got in with my Blessing 2.Then get the Legato. Or both. The Rosefinch would make an excellent outdoor set, and will cut through any background sound.

*I mean the case is practically a tiny living room for your IEMs.

I’ve been listening to Legato this week. It’s a masterful tune. 7hz hits the exact spot for me with this set.

Jul 5, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #82,363 of 100,349
Shanling SONO

1.PNG

$79 USD
2DD + 1 BA:
- 9.2mm Bass driver with Bio-Diaphragm
- 6.8mm Midrange driver with Liquid Crystal Diaphragm
- Custom BA for treble

Has tuning nozzles too
2.PNG

https://en.shanling.com/article-IntroSONO.html

Headsup courtesty of Fahrettin Çetin from FB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back