The discovery thread!
Jun 2, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #80,146 of 100,364
While I was trying to order the P8 in Germany, the item sold out there. Turns out ordering from Hifigo was cheaper.
Yeah but in case Something is wrongwith the P8 you get 2 years of warranty in germany. And you wont have to ship it to china

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #80,147 of 100,364
Yeah but in case Something is wrongwith the P8 you get 2 years of warranty in germany. And you wont have to ship it to china
The only iem I ever had a problem with was a Fiio with a mmcx connector that became loose over time, and I never even bothered with warranty, so I don't take that into account.

Jun 2, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #80,148 of 100,364
I think i missed the announcement or this is very new
Kbear joining the bullet style iem war with a slightly pricier and slightly more premium, KBear KW1 ($25)
Impression by ChrisLove and review in his site.

1685698126486.png
---
There is a local bullet style iem with wooden shell, it have somewhat nice softer tone that might be partially caused by the shell
unfortunately the rest is just-ok for the budget price.

It should be nice if they have good balanced focal forward with the softer tone from wooden shell, this Kbear one seems to go to big boi bass route.
I think Sigva also sells wooden IEMs

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #80,149 of 100,364
Was just playing around with my coupler and soundcard. My personal unit has some roll-off in the soundcard(huge in the bass region). So i am using one from my friend here. This is an experiment i did today for KZ PR2, identical settings just changed the tips.

PR Memory Foam vs Silicone.jpg

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #80,150 of 100,364
This would be a neckband-style non-detachable iem, not a BT receiver. The latter would be very strange considering Little White is released for only 1-2 months.
I see!

Yea if they release both littlewhite and non-detachable IEM with neckband altogether that makes sense. If this non-detachable was releaaes ahead of littlewhite, I can see it will create a rage.

Anyway, interesting release.

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #80,151 of 100,364
KZ announced of 12BA IEM👏

KZ AS24, non switch and 8 switches version.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/393894122913366/permalink/569168118719298/

Long time no see they tackling on this segment😆

I didn’t know KZ actually uses some very good measuring equipment like keyence👀

IMG_8256.jpeg
Wireless Chi-fi is pretty cutomizable via EQ and we can see KZ/Joyodio is trying to replicate that for wired consumers. Pretty amazing tbh

Its actually kinda of predicting the future for such market which is each day smaller

Want to see the sound tubes + more drivers do. As Shine's weakness was the lack of sound density...

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #80,152 of 100,364
If this one is as good as I imagine, it’s going to spell trouble for many other mid-fi. Looking forward to compare it with my meteor and the kilobucks.
Yea, I was thinking $399 at least, AFUL made a good and smart decision of where to fight. $370 is very good offer considering their manufacturing process, distribution channel stability and numerous patented high tech👏

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #80,153 of 100,364
[On the Quartet]
Build: nice to look at, light and isolate well. They do stick out quite a bit (faceplate to tip) which I am not a fan of, but because they are light they do not feel unstable. Quite the opposite, as they fit the contours of my ears really well.
Cable: fantastic, no nonsense pliable and practical. Light, supple cables are my preference, low profile 2pin connectors and jack makes them a pleasure to use. I am using it as an upgrade for my heyday while this gets the moondrop pcc cable for visual effect.
Switches: down down gives the widest and most balanced presentation and is my favourite. A bit of xspace/xbass combo on the ifi go blu works well for some fun.
Overall sound impressions: A good all rounder with its biggest wow factor being the fast punchy bass (not overly rumbly). The mids and treble are musical, not too rounded for my tastes but also don't have planar incisiveness. The tonality and isolation play well for on the go listening in noisy environments.
The fit is astounding for me, I like the weight of the Heyday and they fit fine. But the Quartet shape just happens to feel perfect for my ears. I really need to give some extended listening to the down-down configuration. All the squigs I see show those two configs as having roughly equal bass response. But my initial impression was that it was too tame that way.

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #80,154 of 100,364
Here are two youtube videos of good reviewers.

Both are glowing. I'm not saying it will make your hair grow back, resurrect your dog, or give you a six-pack. But it's hella good for the price. Worth a listen, although despite your budget maybe not be a purchase as you gotta eat and pay bills. I daily drive mine.

After knowing AFUL decided to offer P8 @ $369, I know this company is going to be a next gen Moondrop.

B3 isn’t on the same table with P8, and now Crin is having a trouble in making B3 Dusk, the milestone P8 set around Mid$300 is too high to cross with B3 platform😓

Moondrop has lost competition with AFUL IMHO on this 2023 battle ground, and soon market will realize that facts and market share will eventually shift.

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #80,156 of 100,364
After knowing AFUL decided to offer P8 @ $369, I know this company is going to be a next gen Moondrop.

B3 isn’t on the same table with P8, and now Crin is having a trouble in making B3 Dusk, the milestone P8 set around Mid$300 is too high to cross with B3 platform😓

Moondrop has lost competition with AFUL IMHO on this 2023 battle ground, and soon market will realize that facts and market share will eventually shift.

All aboard!
Hype Train.jpg

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #80,158 of 100,364
Yea, I was thinking $399 at least, AFUL made a good and smart decision of where to fight. $370 is very good offer considering their manufacturing process, distribution channel stability and numerous patented high tech👏
Aful’s technological advancements in such a small window of time is very impressive; I’m very curious to see what their next iteration will be.

My guess, Aful has their sights set on the Blessing 3, when it came to pricing of the P8. I see several pre-sale reviewers were told $379, but now the MSRP has dropped $10.

I was holding out for a B3 Dusk, but that new push pull, double DD doesn’t lend itself to my preferred, visceral, slower decay, of the sub to lower bass response. Why can’t someone take the goodness of the TFZ No. 8 and incorporate it into a Tri-brid ?

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #80,159 of 100,364
I bought mine on Amazon, so it cost me about that anyway with tax. I like Hifigo, but figured I would donate to my local government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back