The discovery thread!
Jun 1, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #80,071 of 100,323
You just tagged a real head-fi user account named 1kHz 8 times...
I have reported that issue numerous times, with no luck. I’ve done so many reviews that his (user) name has been tagged. The powers that be think you just have to put a space between! You think that would work, but it does not. I would love a solution to this!

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #80,072 of 100,323
I pulled the trigger on the T800, I've been vacillating on it, every time it went on sale. And yes, on the lead up to 2023 summer sale I've blown my budget on a 2019 set! :rolling_eyes:

Now I just have to wait patiently... :sweat:

(I had been nervous that if Audiosense disappeared beneath the waves, I'd loose the opportunity to get my hands on them)

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #80,073 of 100,323
Received this morning Blessing 3, I know I said I wanted to buy the P5 or P8, but in the end was convinced by a friend to get the Blessing 3 instead because of my music taste.
So far I liked it but I am not sure yet if I like more than my A5000 or not. I tried the auto EQ on squiqlink to EQ the B3 to Aful P5 and P8. In terms of Tonality I like the blessing 3 default tonality more, technical qualities aside. Another EQ / tonality I enjoyed was that of the Bravery AE applied to Blessing 3. But here also not sure whether or not I liked it more than default.

I know many of you are not fans of EQ, but still, it is nice to test out different tonalities, if you don't have audio shops near you. And ordering online and returning is difficult since in Germany earphones, IEMS, and earbuds count as hygiene produkt so you won't be able to return it. Only place that allows it is amazon. But with amazon delivery is about 2 months ...

You can contact hifi-passion.de and ask for a demo unit. They have Performer 5 as a demo/open box, this is how I tried it and it was love at first sight. I like the P5 a lot more than the B2 DUSK with my music, but YMMV of course.

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #80,074 of 100,323
I pulled the trigger on the T800, I've been vacillating on it, every time it went on sale. And yes, on the lead up to 2023 summer sale I've blown my budget on a 2019 set! :rolling_eyes:

(I had been nervous that if Audiosense disappeared beneath the waves, I'd loose the opportunity to get my hands on them)
Nice! Congratulations!

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #80,075 of 100,323
Have u by chance tried the TRI I3 (original, not the pro version). It has superb soundstage depth and height (though width is average).

The BQEYZ Autumn also has a cavernous soundstage in all 3 dimensions, almost akin to earbuds. Plus it has an innovative swappable tuning nozzle that operates via a magnetic wand:
BQEYZ_Autumn_Magnetic_Tool_2-1100x825.jpg

Very easy to swap out filters, and no risk of wear and tear.
Autumn_Graph.jpg

The filters do work too, they change the sound below 400 Hz, but as the ears take the whole FR, decrease in the bass will make the treble brighter and vice versa (see saw effect). There's a bit of an annoying 5 kHz peak, but otherwise the soundstage is a standout, especially when the Autumn is amplified (46 ohms).

I suspect that the BC here is actually a piezo.

I had the original Winter and the (probable) piezo drivers gave it a great upper treble extension. Don't see any area where the "BC" touches the mastoid process to transmit sounds, so don't think it is a legit BC driver?
I can surf on that high frequencies peaks...

No my preference in sound.

I would like that Head-fi add the option to share our age. Its like recommend the beyer 880t for "da-supreme-detail" 🤣

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #80,077 of 100,323
I have reported that issue numerous times, with no luck. I’ve done so many reviews that his (user) name has been tagged. The powers that be think you just have to put a space between! You think that would work, but it does not. I would love a solution to this!
How about just using "at" instead of "@"? It's kinda funny but I think it should not be regarded as an issue.

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #80,078 of 100,323
Jun 1, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #80,079 of 100,323

T800 is a bright V-shaped pair. Good technicalities and soundstage, quite analytical.

Despite being an 8 knowles BA IEM, the BA bass is vented, so it sounds like a DD bass (in terms of movement of air/decay) than a traditional BA bass.

Can be a little bright though, so perhaps not the best option for treble sensitive folk, but there are ways to damp the treble with aftermarket knowles dampers or via eartips.

It has almost 30 dB passive isolation too, so it is a very good option for stage monitoring or even for travel in subways and buses.

Jun 1, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #80,080 of 100,323
How about just using "at" instead of "@"? It's kinda funny but I think it should not be regarded as an issue.
I’ll try that, good idea!

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #80,081 of 100,323
Hifigo has added a timer for the start of sales of the Aful P8 in about 19 hours. Still no final price.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #80,082 of 100,323
You can contact hifi-passion.de and ask for a demo unit. They have Performer 5 as a demo/open box, this is how I tried it and it was love at first sight. I like the P5 a lot more than the B2 DUSK with my music, but YMMV of course.
ok good to know for the next time.

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #80,083 of 100,323
Hifigo has added a timer for the start of sales of the Aful P8 in about 19 hours. Still no final price.
Building hype 😁

But I bet it works, it's also one of the biggest releases this year IMO. Heard some numbers about the amount of P5 sold, being above 15 000.

Let's see, but I bet the P8 is also probably going to be big hit.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #80,084 of 100,323
Does anyone have both the Soundrhyme SR5 and the Aful P5? I'm curious how they compare and if the P5 is worth the extra like $60 over the SR5.
Do you have SR5 right now or just considering?

I see you have AQ4 on sale, and keeping DT200 which I also have. Any reason you didn’t feel AQ4 wasn’t your preference?

Jun 1, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #80,085 of 100,323
Does anyone have both the Soundrhyme SR5 and the Aful P5? I'm curious how they compare and if the P5 is worth the extra like $60 over the SR5.
I listened to the SR5 for a short while recently. P5 I had previous experience with. I would say P5 has more quantity in the lower end, and SR5 has very good vocals. (Could spend like 30 mins only with the SR5, the Vocals are something that attracted me on that set). For more i will have to purchase and my bank says NOOOOOOO xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back