The discovery thread!
May 8, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #78,286 of 100,296
And the editing and upload is also complete for the 7Hz Legato Video. I kind of upgraded my camera system recently, can you guys notice some upgrades in video quality?

P.S: I would like to beg sorry for my broken English pronunciation and grammar. Still trying to improve but some silly mistakes are always there.

Like and already subscribe! Good job mate. You have a bright personality that works well on the screen. Quite enjoyable review.

Speaking of Legato, I once scoffed at the idea Legato can “scale.” I have to take that back. Have you tried it with the HiBy on class A high gain?

May 8, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #78,287 of 100,296
Like and already subscribe! Good job mate. You have a bright personality that works well on the screen. Quite enjoyable review.

Speaking of Legato, I once scoffed at the idea Legato can “scale.” I have to take that back. Have you tried it with the HiBy on class A high gain?
Used it thoroughly on HiBy R6 Pro II Class A mode. It pairs nicely, the bass hits hard and the midrange sounds clean and precise. Thanks for the sub!!

May 8, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #78,288 of 100,296

Got me paws on a CVJ TXS, which is an $10 set from TRN's sister company. Now the marketing materials claim 4 different signatures via 2 tuning switches.

I spent 30 min taking averages of both side's switches and here are the findings (8kHz is a coupler artefact peak):
CVJ TXS.jpg

So the Red, Blue and Orange graphs are all the same LOL. With only a slight difference for the green graph, which is extremely subtle to say the least.

Conclusion: switcheroo gimmick tuning switches. If it is too good to be true ($10 USD with tuning switches?), then it probably is.

May 8, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #78,289 of 100,296
Here's my review of the upcoming KBEAR Pecker. I normally would not enjoy someone's pecker in my ear and this didn't change my sentiment. However, it does have some strong points - the bass is pretty epic!
https://primeaudio.org/kbear-pecker-review/

DSC07144_result.jpg

May 8, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #78,290 of 100,296
Got me paws on a CVJ TXS, which is an $10 set from TRN's sister company. Now the marketing materials claim 4 different signatures via 2 tuning switches.

I spent 30 min taking averages of both side's switches and here are the findings (8kHz is a coupler artefact peak):CVJ TXS.jpg

So the Red, Blue and Orange graphs are all the same LOL. With only a slight difference for the green graph, which is extremely subtle to say the least.

Conclusion: switcheroo gimmick tuning switches. If it is too good to be true ($10 USD with tuning switches?), then it probably is.
Hilarious!

May 8, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #78,291 of 100,296
Personally, I like the Hexa. The key for me was figuring out the fit. The Hexa’s 2 pin connector is positioned at a weird angle. In order to get the shells to fit correctly I have to ignore the cable and allow it to project basically forward instead of up so that the nozzle is angled correctly. Once I figured that out they began sounding significantly better.

I think they need a cable with “elbow” connectors at the .78 pin end. Having the cable immediately angle up should make them align more consistently and fit more perfectly.

Of course this is purely my anecdotal experience but it may be worth checking out. I found that the bass response came alive once the shells were turned to the right orientation.
Thank you, I will explore it. I do have a very flexible 16-core cable with removed ear guides, but the angle may need to be explored.

I will also explore the tips - the air guides are extremely narrow in the Hexa design.

Also to note, my Hexa is the second batch. The first one was sold out and I waited for almost a month since March before my order was shipped.
What is that beautiful cable going with hola? Is it expensive? I’m looking for a 4.4mm 2pin cable at the moment.
:) NiceHCk MixPP 6N OCC Copper.
They became unseparable with Hexa as Romeo and Juliette of the audiophile world (I wrote about it before).
I thought this cable is more expensive than Hexa, but actually just the same $19 on sale, so the union is not a mésalliance.
The cable is the new/re-fashioned cloth (not potentially toxic like PVC), a bit thick, but not microphonic due to its highly coiled structure, very good resistivity (below 0.4 Ohm from memory), and I really like the colour.
So it can be recommended to get on sale for around $20.

In a subject of cables, I would have now shred few words on a recent $300 cable review (undoubtedly worth the cost to Penon!), but I do have even more dramatic news to share:
Screenshot_20230508-073807_Samsung Internet.jpg

My recent order of 4 cables, never happened before in Canada (few packages were lost here and there overseas), something I might have done wrong to cable deities...

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #78,292 of 100,296
In a subject of cables, I would have now shred few words on a recent $300 cable review (undoubtedly worth the cost to Penon!), but I do have even more dramatic news to share:

My recent order of 4 cables, never happened before in Canada (few packages were lost here and there overseas), something I might have done wrong to cable deities...

Wowzer!!

Speaking of delivery failures, I dunno whether to laugh or cry, but it seems the item I ordered from Shopee was stolen LOL.
Capture.JPG

The third party delivery service for the last leg is this company called Ninja Van, which has quite infamous reputation for their delivery services (or lack thereof). Seems the item was really taken stealthily by a "Ninja". Lives up to the namesake!

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #78,293 of 100,296
Thank you, I will explore it. I do have a very flexible 16-core cable with removed ear guides, but the angle may need to be explored.

I will also explore the tips - the air guides are extremely narrow in the Hexa design.

Also to note, my Hexa is the second batch. The first one was sold out and I waited for almost a month since March before my order was shipped.

:) NiceHCk MixPP 6N OCC Copper.
They became unseparable with Hexa as Romeo and Juliette of the audiophile world (I wrote about it before).
I thought this cable is more expensive than Hexa, but actually just the same $19 on sale, so the union is not a mésalliance.
The cable is the new/re-fashioned cloth (not potentially toxic like PVC), a bit thick, but not microphonic due to its highly coiled structure, very good resistivity (below 0.4 Ohm from memory), and I really like the colour.
So it can be recommended to get on sale for around $20.

Screenshot_20230508-073807_Samsung Internet.jpg
Below 0.4? It might even be great with Andromeda. I'll have look at NiceHCK cable. Thanks for the heads up. And sorry about your cable. At least it does not explode when reaching your amplifier :ksc75smile:

May 8, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #78,294 of 100,296

I spent 30 min taking averages of both side's switches and here are the findings (8kHz is a coupler artefact peak):CVJ TXS.jpg

Hardly surprising. Nowadays, I tend to look at IEMs with filters and switches as failed experiments.
If you're going to do it, do it right!

May 8, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #78,295 of 100,296
RAPTGO Bridge appeared at linsoul now
2DD+ 2BA +Pzt drivers for 159usd

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/raptgo-bridge?variant=43897595920601

So here we get double DD, switches and nozzles, going big with some of the recent trends.

1_11_3287539a-6d72-4fac-9f27-d728a93d6f6e.jpg

Screenshot_20230508-060958.png

bridge-7.jpg

bridge-5-2.jpg

bridge-3.jpg

bridge-2.jpg
The design reminds me of 80's boombox speaker grills. The case look useful too, a bit big but at least it can accommodate everything and as long as it has some padding for the IEMs themselves it should be good.

But what is up with the treble in that graph, it's a no joke -40dB @ 20KHz (-15dB @ 15KHz) when comparing to the 1KHz level. I get reducing the treble to accommodate the treble sensitive audience but the the (upper) treble area is usually 5~10dB below the 1KHz level in those cases. As a treble head I can already tell this one is not for me. I don't mind the occasional IEM with a roll off in the treble as long as the quality is good. But forget roll off, the treble just drops off a cliff here.

May 8, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #78,296 of 100,296
May 8, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #78,297 of 100,296
C50B13B5-8BA4-4B59-A08F-E8EF38D8AFF5.jpeg

With great sadness, I found that SA6II is still behind a properly driven Andromeda 2020 in technical performance. The soundstage just feel naturally more 3D than SA6II. Despite the fizzy appearance of the attack side of music notes, the Andro is slightly better at micro detail retrieval as well.

Btw, the setup here is AP80 Pro X -> G5 (max gain). The Andromeda does like strong amp despite the hissing tendency. Must be one of the most annoying IEMs out there. Still, keep your eyes open for discount Andro 2020. They are special.

May 8, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #78,298 of 100,296
The original Zetian Wu is out of print now? Too bad.
You still can find some stocks, but sadly yea.

Understandable to keep production line up simple though. They are changing Encounter’s outlook and driver as well.

Also, about Tangzu, I contacted Angeldac AE store about their Princess Cnangle& samcai ear tip status, the shop rep said “they are producing the first batch right now, be hold.”

May 8, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #78,299 of 100,296
What is that beautiful cable going with hola? Is it expensive? I’m looking for a 4.4mm 2pin cable at the moment.
Not sure if you for response,

I think it’s MixPP, very high performing NiceHCK entry series. I have it and it’s quite nice cable that you’d never believe I purchased it around $13.

May 8, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #78,300 of 100,296
AüR Audio Aurora

They agreed to release a few photos about it today, they still haven't landed on faceplate design. The DDs for this one is custom made for AüR. Should be finished for the first customers by end of May, I have one reserved 😁

2 DD (7.5mm) + 6 BA (4 mids 2 highs)

IMG-20230508-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230508-WA0004.jpg

FB_IMG_1683555462392.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back