The discovery thread!
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #64,861 of 100,507
1662449945762.png

The Cencibel utilizes a single dynamic driver to achieve a uniform sound across the entire frequency spectrum. Using a newly developed first generation 9.8mm NCG (nano-carbon graphene) diaphragm.

Edit: I see this has already been posted, but didn't show up in my misspelt search!!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #64,862 of 100,507
I think they will go the way of Havi and Vsonic and all the rest of those who came, had a hey day, and then went bye bye. TFZ will join them because they couldn't find a niche and legendary product and then maintain it.

I had around 4 - 5 TFZs, and sold them all off.

Generally TFZ gear is mostly V-shaped stuff, most were basshead one-trick ponies. And some of them were single DDs retailing at $100ish and not competitive against other big boys at that price bracket.

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #64,863 of 100,507
I love watching this guy's reviews. Concise, and his ears are very similar to mine with the matching IEM's we own. Plus he does in depth with explaining graphs.
Akros is definitely one of the good guys. Wish he would get a better mic tho 😂

Sep 6, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #64,864 of 100,507
I had around 4 - 5 TFZs, and sold them all off.

Generally TFZ gear is mostly V-shaped stuff, most were basshead one-trick ponies. And some of them were single DDs retailing at $100ish and not competitive against other big boys at that price bracket.
LOL AMEN! Agreed. Apparently the King Pro was more balanced, but the majority of it was deep V with too much bass and not enough mids.

Sep 6, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #64,865 of 100,507
Akros is definitely one of the good guys. Wish he would get a better mic tho 😂
LOL Yeah, I had to rewind to catch some things he says or IEM's he mentioned because of his mic!

Sep 6, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #64,870 of 100,507
I presume that's a new IEM. Otherwise it sounds rather ominous! :confounded:

They are talking about Moondrop planar headphones, I think. You know, the a-VOID headphone.

Ok, I’ll see myself out.

Sep 6, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #64,871 of 100,507
They are talking about Moondrop planar headphones, I think. You know, the a-VOID headphone.

Ok, I’ll see myself out.
They were released got some bad reviews now back to the drawing board probably be spring now.

Sep 6, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #64,872 of 100,507
Z200.. It’s alright. Big bass, boomy, but pretty tight. Upper mids can get occasionally feisty since they start descending closer to 2k than 3k. No sharp 10k peak like 03, but with mods I like 03 better for comfort since it’s more rounded. Soundstage is ok, treble seems a bit thin.. These are just some initial impressions. Reviews on here say it’s a step in the right direction and I agree.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #64,873 of 100,507
TRN ST5 first impressions:

I get how some could think the treble/upper midrange could be slightly bright and intense. My first player, the Sony WM1A was absolutely bright, and slightly forward with the treble/upper midrange intensity. Though a fast change to the TA desktop showed the TRN ST5 to be very revealing of source. With the TA desktop smoothness the ST5 was really in the zone........the detailed and acceptable intensity zone, though not sure what it will be like listening long term, or post burn-in? The Sony WM1Z will be interesting as it also has a forward brighter treble.......where the Sony 1A is more midrange forward. But at least it seems workable, though maybe slightly more bright and intense than the TRN BAX, going by memory? The BAX (as I remember it) had a slightly more plush treble, of course due to EST personality. Still for the money they are asking, the ST5 is truly something special I think? Still only moments into the listening, but first impressions are an important thing, and lead the way to what ever options surface later.

Construction is remarkable. I'm not using the included cable, but just simply clicked on the BAX cable and wide-bore tips. But the overall feel/size is much more accessible than the BAX, with a common size and weight. Fit due to the nozzle angle is great, as well as insertion depth. Fit and finish of the complete IEM structure is really something to behold, with clean lines and seamless feel-proof construction! It can only get better with burn-in, at least that has always been my IEM experience so far.

Bass at this point (going off BAX memory) seems more curtailed......but also there is a probably more accessible sonic balance, where many are not going to find the ST5 as flamboyant or bombastic.........thus less contrasty than the BAX? Simply more mainstream-tune maybe? I'm still wondering if the detail I'm hearing in real or due to such intense forwardness of the BAs.......maybe both? I kinda knew this is what we would have before opening the box, but guessed it slightly more relaxed treble beforehand? Lets see what burn-in does! I'm hopping the upper midrange will open-up and the treble will become slightly more relaxed? Still nothing I can't deal with if it stays like this. As far as I'm concerned there are ranges of brightness and forwardness and everything isn't always so black and white.
1 IEM.jpeg

https://www.linsoul.com/products/trn-st5

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #64,874 of 100,507
TRN ST5 first impressions:

I get how some could think the treble/upper midrange could be slightly bright and intense. My first player, the Sony WM1A was absolutely bright, and slightly forward with the treble/upper midrange intensity. Though a fast change to the TA desktop showed the TRN ST5 to be very revealing of source. With the TA desktop smoothness the ST5 was really in the zone........the detailed and acceptable intensity zone, though not sure what it will be like listening long term, or post burn-in? The Sony WM1Z will be interesting as it also has a forward brighter treble.......where the Sony 1A is more midrange forward. But at least it seems workable, though maybe slightly more bright and intense than the TRN BAX, going by memory? The BAX (as I remember it) had a slightly more plush treble, of course due to EST personality. Still for the money they are asking, the ST5 is truly something special I think? Still only moments into the listening, but first impressions are an important thing, and lead the way to what ever options surface later.

Construction is remarkable. I'm not using the included cable, but just simply clicked on the BAX cable and wide-bore tips. But the overall feel/size is much more accessible than the BAX, with a common size and weight. Fit due to the nozzle angle is great, as well as insertion depth. Fit and finish of the complete IEM structure is really something to behold, with clean lines and seamless feel-proof construction! It can only get better with burn-in, at least that has always been my IEM experience so far.

Bass at this point (going off BAX memory) seems more curtailed......but also there is a probably more accessible sonic balance, where many are not going to find the ST5 as flamboyant or bombastic.........thus less contrasty than the BAX? Simply more mainstream-tune maybe? I'm still wondering if the detail I'm hearing in real or due to such intense forwardness of the BAs.......maybe both? I kinda knew this is what we would have before opening the box, but guessed it slightly more relaxed treble beforehand? Lets see what burn-in does! I'm hopping the upper midrange will open-up and the treble will become slightly more relaxed? Still nothing I can't deal with if it stays like this. As far as I'm concerned there are ranges of brightness and forwardness and everything isn't always so black and white.
1 IEM.jpeg
https://www.linsoul.com/products/trn-st5
I'm going to be interested to see how this stacks up vs the KZ ZS10 Pro X

Sep 7, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #64,875 of 100,507
I'm going to be interested to see how this stacks up vs the KZ ZS10 Pro X
Never thought of that, but you’re right! They (the two manufacturers) are apparently battling it out, with mass production of a particular sound. So far in my book TRN has jumped into the lead, as KZ never made a BAX. I mean that’s what TOTL flagships are supposed to do, give stature and profile to a company, even if everyone doesn't buy them. An example of just what the companies capabilities are. Even if some don’t buy the TOTL, it’s there behind the sales, adding credibility and dimension to the (companies) TRN business profile.

Though the KZ AS16 pro really proved to be something for KZ. At least in my eyes, I had not purchased any KZ since 2016, and it showed they weren’t messing around. Adapter or not, the KZ AS16 PRO made a statement and it didn’t cost too much. So in a way KZ pulled off a winner, I mean who would pay over $300 for a KZ? They have made their bed and now they can sleep in it. Still TRN also surprised everyone with the BAX, even though (some) people looked at it with suspicion! Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back