The discovery thread!
Nov 7, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #60,811 of 100,678
Supporting what Ian is saying about these. This is my take on the Shozy & ISN SCB2.
11620101.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-isn-scb2.25535/

These are the most western/ euro tuned IEMS from a Chinese manufacturer I have heard to date. It has a unique sound profile but one that is wholly engaging. The surprising aspect of these is their technicalities and timbre but it has a verticality and depth to the sound that is more closer a good headphone like in scope. Something I was very surprised about. These are fairly smaller IEMs too. I have a pic next to the Blessing 2 shell on the read.

There are so many IEMs with too much upper mids now a days I personally find it refreshing to have one with more lower mids. Some added thickness to your music. These are different than previous Shozy offerings. The price indicates a certain level of refinements yes but ISN has done the dirty job of matching up the perfect cable to go with them and so you get earphone and cable synergy right off the bat. The cable here itself is worth a $100 but what it does for the stock Shozy B2 sound signature is perfect in enhancing, stage, imaging, detail, layering with added clarity. While retaining what makes these so engaging in the first place a rich organic tone.

Neutral earphones can lack body and bass. More colored earphones lack detail and a proper treble extension. You get none of that with the SCB2. This is one earphone dynamic fans should take seriously. They do have some bigger bass for the sound profile so you have to be a fan of having 10dbs of mid bass but otherwise these get a whole bunch of things right to get you into your music. I would put these in the colored sound category but one that enhances your music enjoyment.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Definitely. Its an indulgent IEM but I dont miss anything that my brighter and (relatively) analytical sets offer. The bass doesn't become fatiguing either, which on first listen I was worried would happen. Its an all-day IEM. What I forgot to mention was the shell size, they are small and are very comfy :)

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #60,812 of 100,678
In this categorisation of DAC/Amps and DAPs by size, the Ikko Zerda ITM01 is a Mini DAC/Amp.

Micro: examples - phone dongles; etc.

Mini: examples - Fiio BTR5; Ikko ITM01; Qudelix 5K; Ear Studio ES100; etc.

Midi: Fiio M11; examples - Ibasso DX160; etc.

Max (transportable): examples - Ibasso DX300 Max; Shanling EM5; etc.

A Mini DAC/Amp with three sound modes.....and the modes do sound different.

Screenshot_20211107-165750_Gallery.jpg

My review of the Ikko Zerda ITM01.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ikko-zerda-itm01.25528/reviews

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #60,813 of 100,678
Received the Fearless Barcelona yesterday. Listened to it for about an hour and I guess I can share some first impressions.

Build: Nice. Design: Very nice. Comfort: Good.

IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg

And now, for the not-so-nice part...

fearless_barcelona.png

More than +10dB delta between 1KHz and the sub-bass frequencies with a very early bass-rise starting from 500Hz (usually this needs to be around 250Hz to sound clean in the mids). Male vocals sound completely drowned out as a result. The super-early roll-off in the treble region doesn't help either. All these tuning choices result in a dark, blunted, and congested sound reproduction. Technicalities aren't too bad (I guess the BA driver is pretty capable) but overall pretty mediocre for the price range.

Fearless marketed these having a new generation dynamic driver coupled with a custom Sonion Balanced armature driver, but the dynamic driver is just not good enough (or maybe the implementation is lacking) and the lack of emphasis post-5KHz severely limits the BA driver. So yeah, I guess this will be one of those "looks better than they sound" IEMs.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #60,814 of 100,678
Supporting what Ian is saying about these. This is my take on the Shozy & ISN SCB2.
11620101.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-isn-scb2.25535/

These are the most western/ euro tuned IEMS from a Chinese manufacturer I have heard to date. It has a unique sound profile but one that is wholly engaging. The surprising aspect of these is their technicalities and timbre but it has a verticality and depth to the sound that is more closer a good headphone like in scope. Something I was very surprised about. These are fairly smaller IEMs too. I have a pic next to the Blessing 2 shell on the read.

There are so many IEMs with too much upper mids now a days I personally find it refreshing to have one with more lower mids. Some added thickness to your music. These are different than previous Shozy offerings. The price indicates a certain level of refinements yes but ISN has done the dirty job of matching up the perfect cable to go with them and so you get earphone and cable synergy right off the bat. The cable here itself is worth a $100 but what it does for the stock Shozy B2 sound signature is perfect in enhancing, stage, imaging, detail, layering with added clarity. While retaining what makes these so engaging in the first place a rich organic tone.

Neutral earphones can lack body and bass. More colored earphones lack detail and a proper treble extension. You get none of that with the SCB2. This is one earphone dynamic fans should take seriously. They do have some bigger bass for the sound profile so you have to be a fan of having 10dbs of mid bass but otherwise these get a whole bunch of things right to get you into your music. I would put these in the colored sound category but one that enhances your music enjoyment.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Will we be able to buy the IEM without the cable? I'm sure the cable is wonderful, but many of us already have wonderful cables...

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #60,815 of 100,678
Send a message to Penon. See what they say. I would imagine that is a package deal. Though I have tested a bunch of nicer cables for that sound profile. That SC4 matches up better than cables that cost double easily. It definitely synergizes well with it. Another cable that should match up well will be the CEMA 175 cable as it is very similar to what the ISN SC4 does, But those cost almost double the SC4 cable in cost.

I have seen the RP for a Shozy B2 on Aliexpress being sold for a similar price but you will be getting a standard throw in cable with that so not a good of a deal as the ISN cable thrown in. I am 100% certain that SCB2 version is exclusive to Penon audio. But again I would ask see what they say.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #60,816 of 100,678
Will we be able to buy the IEM without the cable? I'm sure the cable is wonderful, but many of us already have wonderful cables...

I bought my B2 on ali last year for a bit cheaper than what it goes on Penon now, it came with the Shozy tribrid cable that Penon sells for nearly twice as much as the ISN one they now bundle with the B2. Several ali sellers still carry it apparently. You could get a good price for it on 11/11 with coupons etc... presumably.

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #60,817 of 100,678
Nov 7, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #60,818 of 100,678
I've already posted this in the 7Hz tread but I guess it won't hurt to ask it here.
I'm in need of some advice, I was planning to buy a Timeless form Shenzenaudio on Ali during the 11.11 sales but it went out of stock (3.5mm version). And DD-audio (Linsoul) doesn't seem to give a discount on it for 11.11. Now I've found them on a couple of other stores cheaper now than their 11.11 prices. But does any of you have any experience with either?
DUDO Audio at €203,19
Magicaudio at €200,85

Both seem to get a lot of good reviews but unlike Shenzenaudio they also get occasional bad reviews with shipping issues (Magicaudio more than DUDO). And they haven't been around for long (1-2 years).

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #60,819 of 100,678
I've already posted this in the 7Hz tread but I guess it won't hurt to ask it here.
I'm in need of some advice, I was planning to buy a Timeless form Shenzenaudio on Ali during the 11.11 sales but it went out of stock (3.5mm version). And DD-audio (Linsoul) doesn't seem to give a discount on it for 11.11. Now I've found them on a couple of other stores cheaper now than their 11.11 prices. But does any of you have any experience with either?
DUDO Audio at €203,19
Magicaudio at €200,85

Both seem to get a lot of good reviews but unlike Shenzenaudio they also get occasional bad reviews with shipping issues (Magicaudio more than DUDO). And they haven't been around for long (1-2 years).
Dudo is legit and ask them for additional discount, I'm sure they'll offer some additional discount

Nov 7, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #60,820 of 100,678
DUDO Audio at €203,19
Magicaudio at €200,85

I can vouche for Dudo audio. If you talk to them, you might get a better price than the posted for 11.11. I got EJ07m, RSV and Xd-05 bal from them. Great guys.

Nov 7, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #60,821 of 100,678
DUDO Audio at €203,19
Magicaudio at €200,85

My experience with Dudo has been very good, so far they have been highly professional and helpful.

Nov 8, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #60,822 of 100,678
Sorry. By saving money here, you cut off a lot of customers. I speak as someone who seriously considered buying. The sound you make is good. Installing the built-in attenuator will cost about $ 20-30. This will immediately increase the number of potential buyers. Just check the number of sensitive headphones in any audio store. Using an adapter brings a lot of inconvenience. Keep this in mind when designing your next device. Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, saving money had nothing to do with this (that's rarely the case), but I hear you and will gladly pass on your suggestion to our R&D team. Thanks again :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 8, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #60,823 of 100,678
Dudo is legit and ask them for additional discount, I'm sure they'll offer some additional discount
I'm not one to try my luck on the first purchase from a store but thanks for the advice.
I can vouche for Dudo audio. If you talk to them, you might get a better price than the posted for 11.11. I got EJ07m, RSV and Xd-05 bal from them. Great guys.
My experience with Dudo has been very good, so far they have been highly professional and helpful.
Thanks for all the replies.

I've just ordered the 7Hz Timeless from DUDO, and at checkout there was some coupon magic going on that it didn't show before so now I've spend €201,20 on a 7Hz Timeless + 4.4 to MMCX Tri Through cable + KZ ZEX... €40+ off, that's a good deal in my book.

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #60,824 of 100,678
Thanks for your feedback. Just to clarify, saving money had nothing to do with this (that's rarely the case), but I hear you and will gladly pass on your suggestion to our R&D team. Thanks again :)
I meant, of course, your desire to make the device as affordable as possible and save buyers money. :) Maybe I wasn’t accurate.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #60,825 of 100,678
your desire to make the device as affordable as possible and save buyers money.

When we design a product we have to think about its place determined by price and utilities, which is a careful balancing act that at times demands sacrifices. Still, we listen to and take into account all feedback, so thanks for sharing yours :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back