The discovery thread!
Oct 16, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #60,526 of 99,806
Oct 16, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #60,527 of 99,806
I received my LZ A4 pro's the other day and now have about 10-12 hours with them. I really wasn't that impressed out of the box with the black/black configuration, but have finally found my sweet spot with them by using the red rear filter and the silver front filter. I will give more impressions with them as I get to know them better.

Oct 16, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #60,528 of 99,806
Btw, I figured I share this here as well. But I have written a guide on how to create your own preference target.

(check the pdf file.)

Attachments

• Preference target creation.pdf
    751.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #60,529 of 99,806
Well, it certainly LOOKS like a cheap IEM. Like, I know looks are subjective but good lord.
From the link:
"The Dmagic Solo is a high-sensitivity single dynamic driver in-ear monitor based on the brand’s patented Dmagic Turbo Mirror Virtual Supercharged Acoustics Technology."

Wow turbo and supercharged!

Oct 16, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #60,530 of 99,806
Oct 17, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #60,531 of 99,806
Hello everyone.

This is my humble opinion about the new LZ A4 Pro.

I hope you like it.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lz-a4-pro.25495/reviews#review-27039

LZ A4 Pro 28__r.jpg

Oct 17, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #60,532 of 99,806
11605667.jpg

Here is a scary earphone. Tin Hifi is guilty of trying to capture lightening in the bottle for a 2nd time. Since their original T2 put them on the board why not make a new EVO design and make one better. Except these are not a real Evolution of their T2. I can tell the driver resolves better from their original T2 but the tuning. Well

lets just say is as scary as this Jack-0-lantern. Too much upper mids on this one. Way too much we are talking 15dbs worth. You want a whole lot of crash symbols and brightness in your ear holes. These are the phones to get. Don't know what they were thinking with this one. I can guarantee you will get some fatigue pie with this one.

This Halloween season this one is full of tricks and not so much treats. My take on what will be a vastly overlooked Tin Hifi T2 Evo. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-hifi-t2-evo.25496/reviews#review-27041 I find the Reecho SG-01 just obliterates this thing in every perceivable way when it comes to sound and not to mention retails for $10 cheaper.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #60,533 of 99,806
This one some of you fellas might be interested in. If you never heard of Thinksound. These guys only make earphones and headphones with wood housings. This headphone these guys made is their first full sized can and it delivers the goods. I have to return this preproduction model I did a write up with but man oh man. This is how you make a bass can worth owning.
11605697.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/thinksound-ov21.25497/

Oct 17, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #60,534 of 99,806
Oct 17, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #60,535 of 99,806
I noticed they price according to sound quality with the Aladdin being especially aggressive which is a good tactic to introduce a new IEM maker. I can honestly say with Yanyin stuff your gonna get what you pay for them in SQ easily. Their Canon is one of the better earphones at its price range and I am gonna assume using 8BAs+ Bio dynamic will be flagship level for the Yanyin earphones.

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #60,536 of 99,806
I noticed they price according to sound quality with the Aladdin being especially aggressive which is a good tactic to introduce a new IEM maker. I can honestly say with Yanyin stuff your gonna get what you pay for them in SQ easily. Their Canon is one of the better earphones at its price range and I am gonna assume using 8BAs+ Bio dynamic will be flagship level for the Yanyin earphones.
I'm curious how the Aladdin would fare against the GS Audio GD3A, since it's a truly excellent set at a sub-$100 price point. If I hadn't found the DioFit Standard Leakage tips to dramatically improve the bass performance of my TRI Starsea, I would say it just stomps all over the typically recommended 1+2 IEMs. With those particular eartips on the Starsea, it's more of a tossup than before.

I just know that for $800, I would expect it to either have some exotic drivers like some electrets or be tuned phenomenally well. It's competing with the Kinera NanNa 2.0 at that price point, so it's got some pretty stuff competition.

Maybe Penon will send around a review unit so more of the Head-fi reviewers can graph and review their performance.

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #60,537 of 99,806
11605667.jpg

Here is a scary earphone. Tin Hifi is guilty of trying to capture lightening in the bottle for a 2nd time. Since their original T2 put them on the board why not make a new EVO design and make one better. Except these are not a real Evolution of their T2. I can tell the driver resolves better from their original T2 but the tuning. Well

lets just say is as scary as this Jack-0-lantern. Too much upper mids on this one. Way too much we are talking 15dbs worth. You want a whole lot of crash symbols and brightness in your ear holes. These are the phones to get. Don't know what they were thinking with this one. I can guarantee you will get some fatigue pie with this one.

This Halloween season this one is full of tricks and not so much treats. My take on what will be a vastly overlooked Tin Hifi T2 Evo. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-hifi-t2-evo.25496/reviews#review-27041 I find the Reecho SG-01 just obliterates this thing in every perceivable way when it comes to sound and not to mention retails for $10 cheaper.
Inspired photographic content!

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #60,538 of 99,806
I even tried the usual full thicker 8 cored copper with narrow bored tips. Nope, it don't help that it has a thinner note weight to the sound. This is a case where they tried to tune a cheap earphone to sound expensive. Which ends up making them sound even cheaper than their intended sound.

Tin Hifi stuff seems to be a hit or miss. Mostly a miss, to be honest I never was a huge fan of their original T2 either. A big bass roll off gets no play from me. I thought they was making some progress with their T2 plus. And then they resort to this Evo tuning where everything is bright.

I don't know if bright and thin works in the IEM realm for any type of sound. But hey I seen some folks give out 5 star ratings on the express for these so there must be fans of thin and bright. Its not how I like my sound. Did I mention it has almost zero depth to the sound? It has a quick decay to the sound too which makes them dry sounding on top of the brightness. Dry brittle, thin, lacking emotion and depth. The bass end on these are better than the original T2 but otherwise it is not the evolution you would imagine it would be. What a waste of time and effort. I hope folks at Tin Hifi read my review.

I do believe these are the worst I have heard all year and we are talking at that price level.

Oct 17, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #60,539 of 99,806
Looks like swappable termination plugs will be a common feature in the sub $200 price bracket.

Haven't heard great things about the Neptune and Uranus models so I'm not sure if the Dmagic Solo will be a competitive IEM.
Yeah, replaceable plugs are getting more and more common nowadays. FD3, KATO, Falcon Pro and Kinera released a whole series of cables, all with replaceable plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back