The discovery thread!
Aug 24, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #59,566 of 106,562
Soncoz Audio has released it's first Headphone Amplifier, the SGA1 to stack up with the SGD-1 dac.
https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/soncoz-sga1-meet-the-all-new-fully-balanced-headphone-amp-and-preamp

And it's exactly what we're looking at today on Headfonia. Find out all about the SGA1 here:
https://www.headfonia.com/soncoz-sga1-review/

An article by @Aerosphere

soncoz-sga1-review-0.jpg

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #59,568 of 106,562
It'll probably be pretty similar. Definitely more protrusion than I could handle. Do the Stax at least sound good enough to make it worth it?
The soundstage of Stax SRS-002 is larger than my Ananda. Very smooth and safe, would be boring if not for the technical ability. Certainly worth the money I spent ($220).

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #59,569 of 106,562
I haven't seen their frequency response graph yet. Could you link? In general, there is little information about them yet. I may not have dug enough.
Screenshot_20210824-040348_YouTube.jpg

BGGAR coming through with his usual tendencies to graph his sets. Since I don't have a lot of spare cash to throw around, it's really nice when reviewers go to the trouble of graphing them for us. I probably wouldn't buy these anyway thanks to their form factor, but I figured I'd share since I knew where to find it.

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #59,570 of 106,562
The soundstage of Stax SRS-002 is larger than my Ananda. Very smooth and safe, would be boring if not for the technical ability. Certainly worth the money I spent ($220).
That's a surprisingly reasonable price for one of their products. It's good that they have a distinguishing characteristic to set them apart from the rest. It's always nice to hear from people who enjoy their equipment.

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #59,571 of 106,562
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #59,573 of 106,562
This must be an old topic.. but I wanted to share the graph I got for the GK10 - Left vs Right as it was somehow interesting.

That looks terrible. Mine still haven't arrived yet but frankly i wish i could cancel the order, fingers crossed my set have obvious QC issues and i can get a refund.

All someone (cough... Dsnuts... bggar...) has to say is "this new amazing budget iem competes almost with totl sets/iems way above its price bracket" and people (me) fall for it over and over because occasionally it's true (mh750, gr07be, Oriveti New Primacy etc).

Happened with the BL-01 and now with the GK10.

I don't need budget sets that require an amp to not sound weird and i don't need anymore half broken chi-fi recommendations with wonky trebles and scooped mids. Are you people half deaf?! Why would you hype something that average?

It's hard to tell if people are pumping and dumping, genuinely excited about a hundred variations of the same mediocre sound signature or they have the most excitable ears ever and every new iem they hear is like listening to something in hi-fidelity for the first time.

Jaded with this hobby this evening. No more hype sets unless they're fully proven in the long term.

I'll see myself out and go sob into my pillow while i wait for another set of iems i'll use a handful of times and put in a draw, never again to feel a twinkle of current tickle their transducers into middling sonic conception.

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #59,574 of 106,562
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #59,575 of 106,562
Aug 24, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #59,576 of 106,562
Is that TRI the sister company of KBEAR?
They are the same indeed. Just that Tri has their more premium offerings while KBEAR is more focused on the budget range.

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #59,577 of 106,562
That looks terrible. Mine still haven't arrived yet but frankly i wish i could cancel the order, fingers crossed my set have obvious QC issues and i can get a refund.

All someone (cough... Dsnuts... bggar...) has to say is "this new amazing budget iem competes almost with totl sets/iems way above its price bracket" and people (me) fall for it over and over because occasionally it's true (mh750, gr07be, Oriveti New Primacy etc).

Happened with the BL-01 and now with the GK10.

I don't need budget sets that require an amp to not sound weird and i don't need anymore half broken chi-fi recommendations with wonky trebles and scooped mids. Are you people half deaf?! Why would you hype something that average?

It's hard to tell if people are pumping and dumping, genuinely excited about a hundred variations of the same mediocre sound signature or they have the most excitable ears ever and every new iem they hear is like listening to something in hi-fidelity for the first time.

Jaded with this hobby this evening. No more hype sets unless they're fully proven in the long term.

I'll see myself out and go sob into my pillow while i wait for another set of iems i'll use a handful of times and put in a draw, never again to feel a twinkle of current tickle their transducers into middling sonic conception.

Get 10x MH755, mmcx mod them, leave this house 😂

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #59,578 of 106,562
It says EST right on the box, so i think i'll go with the manufacturer vs a know it all.
It's not about listening to anyone. It's basic research. You sure are free to have your views and beliefs but it's a fact that the brand has done some sketchy stuff in the past and is the reason why it is banned here as well. So their credibility isn't like KZ and other Chinese brands in first place. Shuoer too played on the EST bandwagon with Tape but were forced to retract when users found out that it was a MST and not a EST.

There some facts that cannot be refuted -

1. TDK doesn't have a EST in their product lineup
2. Street price of MT300 was $60-70 and it's nigh impossible to get one EST at such a cheap price especially a custom made that everyone from manufacturer to seller makes a minimum profit. They won't sell them for such a long periods at 70% discount of MSRP

And, if TDK miraculously has a super duper cheap EST drivers then its even more baffling that no other brand is purchasing from them and trying to enter this super bubbling EST bandwagon. It's good to trust the manufacturer and sellers but at times a basic research also comes in handy. Because in China, copyright and patents are technically non-existent.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #59,579 of 106,562
Magaosi has launched their new IEMs K3HD and K3Pro that come with a BT cable.

K3HD is a 1BA+1DD and K3Pro is 2BA+1DD. Surprisingly both models cost $59.

https://penonaudio.com/magaosi-k3hd-k3pro.html

Package and cable too are very underwhelming for the price.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #59,580 of 106,562

Users who are viewing this thread

Back