The discovery thread!
Nov 6, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #51,541 of 100,483

I am finding both A7 and NM2+ amazing at what they do and quite complimentary.
I did a simple mod on my NM2+ with an IBasso Filter and its timbral accuracy is near the top of my IEM collection and almost at a reference level. A7 is really hard to fault both tonally and technically. I can say they both compete with my UM MEST and Penon Volts for near equal amount of listening time each.
I always wonder, the NM2+ is often called a monitor tuned IEM, but most concrete rooms start amplifying frequencies from 300Hz and under until it reaches +5dB on average at 20Hz or so I heard anyway. Does NM2+ emulate this instead of what'd happen if you played flat speakers in a fully foam damped room?

Nov 6, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #51,542 of 100,483
But that is just my belief. my opinion. Mileage may vary by ears and heart?

and on to another subject, anyone here gonna get the Tape Pro ahead of 11.11 to review?
Unless you have an inside track with LinSoul, the Tape Pro doesn't ship until 11.11
1604660163123.png

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #51,544 of 100,483
I am convinced the a7 are one hell of an iem and sonically more advanced then the nm2+ because of the different driver types at use. The a7 may even have more appropriate body to the sound but I am certain it won't sound as realistic as a well tuned single DD like my nm2+. I've auditioned many high end iems to know this. There have also been a few people reporting artificial sound on the upper frequencies of the a7 that put me off but a lot of people here might not be too OCD about this stuff like me. For them I'd say the a7 seems to be the hottest prospect right now based on impressions and reviews. Hope ya'll enjoy your 11/11 purchases!

Yeah, I'm sure you know best. Personally I like first hand experience with things I comment on but each to their own.

Nov 6, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #51,545 of 100,483
But that is just my belief. my opinion. Mileage may vary by ears and heart?

and on to another subject, anyone here gonna get the Tape Pro ahead of 11.11 to review?
I might be getting a review unit of the tape pro. But they said it won't shipped out until next week because they have no stock right now .

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #51,546 of 100,483
I am convinced the a7 are one hell of an iem and sonically more advanced then the nm2+ because of the different driver types at use. The a7 may even have more appropriate body to the sound but I am certain it won't sound as realistic as a well tuned single DD like my nm2+. I've auditioned many high end iems to know this. There have also been a few people reporting artificial sound on the upper frequencies of the a7 that put me off but a lot of people here might not be too OCD about this stuff like me. For them I'd say the a7 seems to be the hottest prospect right now based on impressions and reviews. Hope ya'll enjoy your 11/11 purchases!

You gonna grab a Final A4000 as that would seem the NM2+ fighter. Though already getting 5 stars reviews the Final seem to have more bass than people expected. I am gonna grab one. Seems like a good sharp chiseled sound, great comfort, and very realistic including the "more appropriate body" I guess those couple of "people" were not expecting.

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #51,547 of 100,483
Synergy is extremely important. Having tried the A7 out of the R5, no offence to you but I will not go so far as to say that A7 is near TOTL sound. I understand your enthusiasm but it's a bit of a stretch IMO. Lastly, I concur with you, for the price of the A7, it is quite no brainer but the regret really depends on what is that something else if one decided to get that. :p

Which DAP would you recommend as competent to provide that synergy to get the most of the A7?

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #51,548 of 100,483
It's those piezos again.:) Can be good but vary on the synergy to how they perform, cohere, and sound real natural or a smidge artificial/off. Wonder if the Piezo was swapped out for an EST what the A7 would be??

Nov 6, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #51,549 of 100,483
It's those piezos again.:) Can be good but vary on the synergy to how they perform, cohere, and sound real natural or a smidge artificial/off. Wonder if the Piezo was swapped out for an EST what the A7 would be??
More expensive. :joy:

Nov 6, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #51,550 of 100,483
Nov 6, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #51,551 of 100,483
I think we can all agree that both the NF NM2+ & LZ A7 are extremely competent IEMs.

Do they present good value at their price point? Yes.
Are they the best IEMs at their price point? Maybe but it is uncertain as new releases just keep coming.

Ultimately, we should just enjoy using our favourite audio gears to listen to our favourite music! :)

Which DAP would you recommend as competent to provide that synergy to get the most of the A7?
I have not tried the A7 with different DAPs so I can't comment on that. Cheers.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #51,552 of 100,483
Nov 6, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #51,553 of 100,483
Worth checking out just for the bass visualisation GIFs :smile_cat:
haha thanks, I certainly had fun finding gifs/pictures to explain the terms better/easier. :joy:

Nov 6, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #51,554 of 100,483
Damn this Marks and Spencer clearance Sherry..... Pedro Ximenez. The Black Bat MMCX shell is identical to the Tiandirenhe TD06 QDC shell that I have. They sound the same too. My guess will be, the Open Heart Resin Bass IEM is the same shell and the same driver as the Black Bat and the Tiandienhe. Paid £39 for the Black Bat, and the soon to be delivered, Open Heart Resin MMCX will be the exactly same shell. The Tiandirenhe sounds just as good as the Black Bat, has a good cable and is nearly half the price. It has a Big Bass, Boom, Boom. My educated guess is the Open Heart Resin MMCX will be the same. £23 is good for the Open Heart Resin and £23 the Tiandirenhe TDO6. £39.00 not so good for the Black Bat. I got the Tiandirenhe TD06 with tuning filters, and a good cable, which gives it the edge so far.
Again my guess is the Smabat NCO will be better overall.

I am very interested in the Black Bat clones, any advise which one is the cheapest option for bass monster? thanks!

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #51,555 of 100,483
I am very interested in the Black Bat clones, any advise which one is the cheapest option for bass monster? thanks!
I should have the Open Heart in two or three days. As soon as I've had a good listen I'll make a post. What I can say the Black Bat and the Tiandirenhe TD06, except for the cable connection, MMCX and QDC two pin, it's the same shell. Allegedly though the driver of the TD06 is, Taiwan Biological, and the Black Bat, Graphene. Will come back when I manage to A/B/C them. Won't be long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back