The discovery thread!
Oct 8, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #50,776 of 100,329
Where is that price at? I only see them for $799 ish

On AE. You have to contact the seller and ask for the discount. Once a price is agreed, you then buy and immediately cancel your order. The seller will then apply a discount to the order, then you can finalise your purchase. Remember to negotiate the deal you find acceptable first. The offer I had (of $650) was made by banned name ....ending in "easy".

[Edit] These the exact instructions from the seller, copied and pasted here:

"Click "BUY NOW", switch to "Other Payments" and then "PLACE ORDER" button (don't pay yet, just cancel the payment when asked to pay). and leave us message, we will adjust the price for you,thanks."

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #50,777 of 100,329
On AE. You have to contact the seller and ask for the discount. Once a price is agreed, you then buy and immediately cancel your order. The seller will then apply a discount to the order, then you can finalise your purchase. Remember to negotiate the deal you find acceptable first. The offer I had (of $650) was made by banned name ....ending in "easy".

Shouldn't it be cancel the payment ? Just don't pay and let the seller adjust the price, wait for his/her message that it is adjusted and then pay.

Cancelling the order is like it says cancelling the order so the order gets removed. If you cancel the payment the order stays and you can choose to use another payment method or let the seller adjust the price etc.

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #50,779 of 100,329
You mean you've to pay in full first then cancel the order?
What i have always done when asking for discount is contact seller first, agree on price. Place the order, don't pay yet/cancel payment and message seller with order number.

Seller will adjust price to the agreed price. When adjusted go to your order and pay for the order. Do not immediately pay for the order when you have placed the order. Once paid the price cannot be changed.

Oct 8, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #50,780 of 100,329
What i have always done when asking for discount is contact seller first, agree on price. Place the order, don't pay yet/cancel payment and message seller with order number.

Seller will adjust price to the agreed price. When adjusted go to your order and pay for the order. Do not immediately pay for the order when you have placed the order. Once paid the price cannot be changed.

These were the instructions from the seller:

"Click "BUY NOW", switch to "Other Payments" and then "PLACE ORDER" button (don't pay yet, just cancel the payment when asked to pay). and leave us message, we will adjust the price for you,thanks."

I hope it works for all. Just remember to agree a price first. Not all sellers give a discount and most don't even respond to messages.

Oct 8, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #50,781 of 100,329
These were the instructions from the seller:

I hope it works for all. Just remember to agree a price first. Not all sellers give a discount and most don't even respond to messages.

I have been played out once by an Aliexpress seller with this place order and cancel thingy. Granted, it wasn't an audio gear (was some electronics IIRC), once I made the order, they refused to change the price for me. I opened a dispute with Aliexpress and screenshot all the messages of the seller promising to adjust the price prior. Aliexpress sided with me in the end and refunded me, but it took a few weeks. So far I've done this adjustment thing for the bigger audio stores on Aliexpress, and they have always kept their word, but just be wary of doing it with some newer sellers.

Also I realize lately that there's no option on the app or PC to go to other payments. They force only a credit card option. Strange, I had other payment options a month or so.

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #50,782 of 100,329
Also I realize lately that there's no option on the app or PC to go to other payments. They force only a credit card option. Strange, I had other payment options a month or so.

I've also noticed this lately, no matter what I do I'm not able to place the order without making the payment at the same time. This applies for bot computer and app....

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #50,783 of 100,329
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001514590570.html

Perhaps it's made by KBEAR? The Tri-Through cable is only sold out of 2 stores, one of them being KBEAR:

$24.99 - TRI Through 4 Core High purity 5N Single Crystal Copper winding cable 2pin/MMCX/QDC/TFZ with 2.5/3.5/4.4 Connector KS2
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001514590570.html

My last order from KBEAR is almost here:

$19.53 - KBEAR limpid 4 Core 4N 99.99% Purity silver earphone cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin/QDC/TFZ For ZSX BLON BL-03
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001244034183.html

Lucked into a sale on KBEAR when I got the limpid 4 core 99.99% Purity silver cable for $17.82, but it's still only $19.53, usually as I recall it was in the same $25 range as the Tri-Throughs are now - hopefully they will also drop in price quickly :)
The KBEAR limpid 4 core 4N 99.99% Purity silver 2-pin 4.4mm cable arrived today, I pulled it from the mailbox a couple of hours ago...

The Blon BL-03's haven't ever sounded so detailed. There is a tactile feel for percussion instruments, a definition and well defined edge of precision is on all the sounds. The feel of room presence is brought up to a level I hadn't thought possible with the Blon-03 - it's really awesome.

The bass is also awesome, well defined - and I'll have to swap cables back to the ONC copper KBEAR 16 core to confirm, but I think it was "boomy" in comparison.

The detail is really what stands out, lots of information, maybe not so much more sound stage as more presence in the surrounding sound - there is more there side to side and merging with the center image - it's more connected.

It's only been a couple of hours, but I'm very happy I tried it out. I thought the pure silver might be too one-sided - treble - but no it's added definition across the range.

The only gripe - strange as it might sound - the wires in the weave are so thin that the chin slider ring can't get a grip on the cable and slides too freely, perhaps a ring of foam inserted in the metal ring might help? - if KBEAR is listening :)
1602148553449.png

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #50,784 of 100,329
The KBEAR limpid 4 core 4N 99.99% Purity silver 2-pin 4.4mm cable arrived today, I pulled it from the mailbox a couple of hours ago...

The Blon BL-03's haven't ever sounded so detailed. There is a tactile feel for percussion instruments, a definition or edge on all the sounds. The feel of room presence is brought up to a level I hadn't thought possible with the Blon-03 - it's really awesome.

The bass is also awesome, well defined - and I'll have to swap cables back to the ONC copper KBEAR 16 core to confirm, but I think it was "boomy" in comparison.

The detail is really what stands out, lots of information, maybe not so much more sound stage as more presence in the surrounding sound - there is more there side to side and merging with the center image - it's more connected.

It's only been a couple of hours, but I'm very happy I tried it out. I thought the pure silver might be too one-sided - treble - but no it's added definition across the range.

The only gripe - strange as it might sound - the wires in the weave are so thin that the chin ring can't get a grip on the cable and slides too freely, perhaps a ring of foam insert might help - if KBEAR is listening :)
1602148553449.png
I use the NiceHCK silver Litz 4.4mm balanced and agree with you. Definitely ameliorates the bass bloat.

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #50,785 of 100,329
I use the NiceHCK silver Litz 4.4mm balanced and agree with you. Definitely ameliorates the bass bloat.
The well defined non-boomy bass is already reduced listening fatigue - even though that doesn't stop me from listening normally the lack of it makes me feel more relaxed.

How about the increase in sound stage detail connecting left center right? That's what immediately stood out for me - the wall of sound effect without gaps.

I'm driving the Blon-03's and KBEAR limpid 4 core 4N 99.99% Purity silver 2-pin 4.4mm cable with the A90 on L-Gain + -12dB Pre Mode and D90 MQA + Tidal MQA Masters.

I'll have to A/B with the 16 core KBEAR cables for a number of things, including sensitivity - it's not a big difference, but I think it's taking a bit more to drive the BL-03's with this cable, I normally have the A90 in PRE mode set to -15dB, but for the same spot on the volume dial I needed to reduce the attenuation to -12dB.

I'll listen with the M15 later. And, it looks like I'll need to order some more of these with 2.5mm in 2-pin, MMCX, QDC for use with the BTR5/BTR3k for mobile use. I'm glad I got the 4.4mm to start for comparisons, and now I can fill out the rest of the sizes.

I should probably order the NiceHCK silver Litz cable too...

Funny, but I'm even enjoying listening to my GPU crank through Einstein BOINC tasks - the noise coming from the GPU is more clearly defined than before - it's not wholly unpleasant - an exotic excited birdy chirpy sound. :)

Diana Krall's new album...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...w-rules-please-read-them.253245/post-15907453

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #50,786 of 100,329
I've also noticed this lately, no matter what I do I'm not able to place the order without making the payment at the same time. This applies for bot computer and app....

I found a way to bypass this just a few days ago. Not sure if it may work for you. That is to give wrong credit card info and it bounces during payment. Thereafter, it will register as not paid yet, and seller can readjust price as promised.

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #50,787 of 100,329
I found a way to bypass this just a few days ago. Not sure if it may work for you. That is to give wrong credit card info and it bounces during payment. Thereafter, it will register as not paid yet, and seller can readjust price as promised.

Thanks a bunch, I'll try it next time :)

Oct 8, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #50,788 of 100,329
The well defined non-boomy bass is already reduced listening fatigue - even though that doesn't stop me from listening normally the lack of it makes me feel more relaxed.

How about the increase in sound stage detail connecting left center right? That's what immediately stood out for me - the wall of sound effect without gaps.

I'm driving the Blon-03's and KBEAR limpid 4 core 4N 99.99% Purity silver 2-pin 4.4mm cable with the A90 on L-Gain + -12dB Pre Mode and D90 MQA + Tidal MQA Masters.

I'll have to A/B with the 16 core KBEAR cables for a number of things, including sensitivity - it's not a big difference, but I think it's taking a bit more to drive the BL-03's with this cable, I normally have the A90 in PRE mode set to -15dB, but for the same spot on the volume dial I needed to reduce the attenuation to -12dB.

I'll listen with the M15 later. And, it looks like I'll need to order some more of these with 2.5mm in 2-pin, MMCX, QDC for use with the BTR5/BTR3k for mobile use. I'm glad I got the 4.4mm to start for comparisons, and now I can fill out the rest of the sizes.

Funny, but I'm even enjoying listening to my GPU crank through Einstein BOINC tasks - the noise coming from the GPU is more clearly defined than before - it's not wholly unpleasant - an exotic excited birdy chirpy sound. :)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...w-rules-please-read-them.253245/post-15907453
I'm a sucker for classy female jazz singers. A friend of mine released some albums here in the UK......wow. Even Chet Baker. Music is infinite.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #50,789 of 100,329

I don't know if the details are more apparent because the silver cables subdue the bass or actually directly enhance the treble details. What are Einstein BOINC tasks?

Oct 8, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #50,790 of 100,329
I want a ultraportable player myself. Q1 is a bit heavy and didn't like the report of the buttons too easily pressed and the touch screen being erratic. I am looking forward to the Hiby R2 after M0, FiiO M5, Q1, AP80 not quite swaying me enough to open the wallet for any of them. Anybody else interested in the baby Hiby??
Definitely interested in the R2 :)

photo_2020-10-08_20-27-37.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back