The discovery thread!
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #44,776 of 100,711
Idk. The Blon BL-03 is a perfect IEM for any type of EDM to me. Sounds like an EDM concert to me because of bass and the soundstage.

I agree with you on that. I don't know about any type of EDM, but I think you were the one who mentioned Kygo the other day and that is a great match to the Blons. You need punch, but also go deep and that is where the Blon is better than the V90. I would call the V90 punchy and fast which is not necessarily good with those slower electronic bass sounds. And as you said, I also prefer the Blon soundstage across most genres, not just EDM.

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #44,777 of 100,711
They are like everything missing from the mids of the IT01. If they had the dynamic of the IT01 for the bass end with the mids tuning of the spheres. Sign me up!
Would make for a perfect complimentary iem for the IT01 actually.

One of the very best iems for vocal music I have heard on anything. Tuning is almost the opposite of the IT01s. More in the way of height and depth vs the wide V shaped signature of the IT01.

The price gets a bit closer to the more improved and better balanced IT01S. Here is where the real competition is with the Spheres. IT01S has a wider stage with much better mids vs the standard IT01 but where the Spheres stand out is their height and depth of sound which has a bit more projection. IT01s Bass is better and I feel the treble has better extension here but otherwise the mids are hard to beat on the Spheres.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #44,778 of 100,711
So this years 11.11 sales is done. Don't know if it was just me but I wasn't blown away by the deals. I felt the deals were better in the past. Maybe due to just how many earphones are out in the market now with so much competition prices are probably already as low as they were going to go. I found myself not buying much this year.

Well I did get some cables which are always good deals during 11.11 but that is about it.

Not a big haul, but spent some cash.

Directly from the Linsoul site, I got a few cheapo earphones that have been getting hyped lately; I did pretty well at Linsoul.
I ordered the TINHIFI T4 at the super early bird deal, so got a $20 Code and entered into their giveaways. From the giveaways I won (but not yet received) a 30$ gift certificate.
Not bad at all.

Directly off of Ali, got some sale cables and eartips, plus another inexpensive earphone to play with. Spent some more money at Electro Acousti, on their excellent cables, but these were not on sale, got them with the head-fi discount to save a few bucks.

Of course it all adds up.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #44,779 of 100,711
I focused on smart battery chargers, TV signs boosters etc. I also ordered some pill boxes for eartips.

The Blons are really tip dependent. I essentially extended the nozzle length by adding a rubber ring around its base and by reversing the Starline tips as described by @Slater and cited in my review. I was simply lucky that this harmonized with my ears. Anything else had failed and I thought these Blons were no good. Another shortcoming is a channel imbalance: it measures quite big but doesn't really matter when listening. They all have it. The revised Blons will address all the shortcomings.

What I like about all this: great sound for relatively little money. Not everybody here has American or Singaporean incomes.
I agree. I am Croatian, and income is like 1000€/month max if you're not into computer science. I barely saved for Audiosense T800. Yeah, it definitely offers quite a great sound at only $25.

Do you have TFZ No. 3? Are they better than these for EDM? I love a good soundstage with electronic music.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #44,780 of 100,711
I agree. I am Croatian, and income is like 1000€/month max if you're not into computer science. I barely saved for Audiosense T800. Yeah, it definitely offers quite a great sound at only $25.

Do you have TFZ No. 3? Are they better than these for EDM? I love a good soundstage with electronic music.
Split is my favourite place ... I think King Pro have the best with stage from TFZ

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #44,781 of 100,711
I agree with you on that. I don't know about any type of EDM, but I think you were the one who mentioned Kygo the other day and that is a great match to the Blons. You need punch, but also go deep and that is where the Blon is better than the V90. I would call the V90 punchy and fast which is not necessarily good with those slower electronic bass sounds. And as you said, I also prefer the Blon soundstage across most genres, not just EDM.
It is even better with more energetic songs with "wide" bass. Like "Losing It" by Fisher or "Cola", "Breathe", "Rabbit Hole" and "Be Someone" by Camelphat. It is just enjoyable to listen to it, and it never does distort nor it sounds too small nor is it harsh. Just perfect.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #44,783 of 100,711
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #44,784 of 100,711
So this years 11.11 sales is done. Don't know if it was just me but I wasn't blown away by the deals. I felt the deals were better in the past. Maybe due to just how many earphones are out in the market now with so much competition prices are probably already as low as they were going to go. I found myself not buying much this year.

Well I did get some cables which are always good deals during 11.11 but that is about it.
Yeah, the prices weren't as low. I think they really focused on the aliexpress coupons this year (versus the select and seller coupons) which must have made sellers nervous to go to low given all the coupons out there. I bet Ali doesn't shoulder much of the cost of those coupons...

The coupon game on Ali is really annoying, honestly, playing games for discounts and coins? Am i 14 years old?. You save money but only if you obsessively check for coupons and do filler items to meet the coupon thresholds, etc. i ended up getting the FAAEAL Hibiscus for like $42, but I had to stack a bunch of different stuff to do it. Would have been nice to just straight up order it for, say $44 without all the coupon gymnastics.

PS, anyone want to help me keep my tree watered or have any tips for the card flip game?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #44,785 of 100,711

I don't have the T800 but I do have the No 3 and yes, it can be better than the Blon on the bass, soundstage is closer. The problem is if you are listening to Blons with big bass, the treble is relaxed a bit which I think works for big bass music like that. When you switch to the No 3, the treble is brighter and even on a song like Firestone, there are quite a few high-frequency sounds that are quite bright on the No 3. I prefer a more relaxed sound so it is a bit jarring at first but change the tips or EQ.

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #44,786 of 100,711
They are like everything missing from the mids of the IT01. If they had the dynamic of the IT01 for the bass end with the mids tuning of the spheres. Sign me up!
Would make for a perfect complimentary iem for the IT01 actually.

One of the very best iems for vocal music I have heard on anything. Tuning is almost the opposite of the IT01s. More in the way of height and depth vs the wide V shaped signature of the IT01.

The price gets a bit closer to the more improved and better balanced IT01S. Here is where the real competition is with the Spheres. IT01S has a wider stage with much better mids vs the standard IT01 but where the Spheres stand out is their height and depth of sound which has a bit more projection. IT01s Bass is better and I feel the treble has better extension here but otherwise the mids are hard to beat on the Spheres.
Thanks. Just ordered one. I need to ear this vocal things

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #44,787 of 100,711
I don't have the T800 but I do have the No 3 and yes, it can be better than the Blon on the bass, soundstage is closer. The problem is if you are listening to Blons with big bass, the treble is relaxed a bit which I think works for big bass music like that. When you switch to the No 3, the treble is brighter and even on a song like Firestone, there are quite a few high-frequency sounds that are quite bright on the No 3. I prefer a more relaxed sound so it is a bit jarring at first but change the tips or EQ.
So No. 3 with foam tips should be better than Blon BL-03. I do love relaxed treble of Blons though. Forget harshness even at high volumes. These sound exactly like festival speakers. Which tips kill the treble the most?

Vocals are also awesome on Blon. I wouldn't say they lack detail.

The only thing I would love is if Blon was faster. It does lose the bass textures at moments.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #44,789 of 100,711
Nope but the King Pro has higher level of resolution and better stage.
Bass is also faster? Thinking either these or Dunu Falcon C or QDC Neptune then. I want one resolution IEM (Audiosense T800), one perfect bass while keeping resolution and one fun IEM (like Blon BL-03, while having more bass speed and maybe 1-2dB bass boost for bolder sound)

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #44,790 of 100,711
Bass is also faster? Thinking either these or Dunu Falcon C or QDC Neptune then. I want one resolution IEM (Audiosense T800), one perfect bass while keeping resolution and one fun IEM (like Blon BL-03, while having more bass speed and maybe 1-2dB bass boost for bolder sound)
The decay is quicker. I recommend the ikko OH10 if you are looking for an impactful sub-bass presentation.

My take on the ikko OH10:
https://audio123reviews.com/2019/06/13/ikko-oh10

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back