The discovery thread!
Nov 8, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #44,596 of 100,612
PenonSPHERE-iemf.jpg

Will be getting a set of Penon's Spheres. Single BA earphone for review. Will let you all know how these are.

I have to admit I don't expect these to be ground breaking. Don't know too many single BAs that can cover the entire sound spectrum adequately to my ears. I will be pleasantly surprised if it does. Looking forward to hearing these.

It's a bit pricey for a 1 BA set, but as they say driver count is not as important as tuning.
I wonder why the shell is so huge for a 1 BA set though LOL.

Nov 8, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #44,597 of 100,612
So, I have finally decided to share my though on IEMs which must not be named :)
I speak about Shuoer EJ07 rebrand for well known banned shop.

They have the most ergonomic shell I have ever personally had. Very comfortable and very good sound isolation.

In terms of sound they are closer to S8F than to Roland if you know what I mean with the difference.
They might lack some extra "sparkle" in Treble but that makes them sound realistic in it's Treble response.
Sonion ESTs make them sound very good and extended in high frequincies.

Bass is something out of this world. Best subbass response I have experienced. It might have drawn too much attention(only by a little margin though) but after burn-in it sounds simply amazing.
They use very high quality dynamic driver in these.

As for mids they are somehow similair to S8F but without harshness. Tons of detail but not harsh at all. Yet they are not dark at the same time.
Vocals are not in your face but overall realistically positioned.

My personal opinion that considering 11.11 prices these are THE BEST price/performance Sonion EST / Sonion BA / Dynamic out there.
For it's price on sale you simply can't get anything better.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #44,598 of 100,612
I agree with your take on fit. I love my NX7 and have no problems listening to them for hours. Fit for my ears anyway, is amazing and comfortable. Three to 5 hour listening sessions have easily occurred for me.
I think you’ve said that you also have a Kanas variant. How would you compare your NX7 to your Kanas ?

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #44,599 of 100,612
So what are the essential purchases this 11/11?

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #44,602 of 100,612
So now i'm mainly looking at the Spring 1 and LZ A6 for the 11/11. Any other good recommendations guys? i alredy have BL03, T800 and KPE.
The LZ A6 is a good choice at that price point. You can consider No.3 Ti, FLC8N, OH300, S8F/P. Cheers! :)

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #44,603 of 100,612
What's the newer ikko like?

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #44,604 of 100,612
So now I'm mainly looking at the Spring 1 and LZ A6 for the 11/11. Any other good recommendations guys? I already have BL03, T800 and KPE.

You could take a look at Shoer Tape, (Like a TIN P1 with bass) though it has a questionable ability with live music, rather than studio music. The ikko OH10 is good, I'm also really liking the Shozy Form 1.1. For 11.11 I'm pondering the BVGP DM7 or the Obravo Cupid Basic

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #44,605 of 100,612
What's the newer ikko like?
Are you referring to the OH7? As for the OH10, here is the ikko OH10 Review.

You could take a look at Shoer Tape, (Like a TIN P1 with bass) though it has a questionable ability with live music, rather than studio music. The ikko OH10 is good, I'm also really liking the Shozy Form 1.1. For 11.11 I'm pondering the BVGP DM7 or the Obravo Cupid Basic
I am curious about the Cupid too. :p

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #44,606 of 100,612
I just got my unit of BGVP VG4 (4BA drivers, two Knowles and two sonion), this is my first BGVP IEM and I cant shed much light on how it compares with other BGVP IEMs but I can compare it with the TSMR 2 and Spring 1.
TSMR 2 and VG4 have tuning switches. I am comparing these with all the switches on.

IMG_20191108_172933.jpg

IMG_20191108_173022.jpg

Being the most expensive of the three the VG4 has better tonality and sounds more mature than the other two. What it misses on is the bass reach and rumble which is present in TSMR 2 and slightly more prominent with Spring 1. Every part of the spectrum is nicely balanced with very good amount of details. If you want bass, this is not it. If you want very good amount details, this should be the best option.

Even when the TSMR 2 is slightly less detailed and the stage is marginally smaller than the VG4, it deliver very good amount of sharpness and air between instruments and the switches responds better than the BGVP. I recommend this earphone for under $200. It is far better than the Brainwavz B400 when it comes to both treble and bass extension, details and evenness of notes thickness.

Spring 1 is very good for the price but its V shaped sound signature with a drowned vocal section might not please everyone. Tonality could have been better. It doesnt have the level of details of the other two. What it delivers is better sub-bass rumble and extension. It sounds fun. The bass body is not huge though. The stage size is marginally bigger than the VG4. Notes could have had better transparency but for the price, it is good.

Out of the these three, I personally liked the TSMR 2. it has good amount of bass, very good amount of details and respectable stage size. The switches responds better. Slightly more expensive than the Spring 1 with far better details and clarity. One of the best value for money earphone.

Now the weakest point of the TSMR 2 is the cable. Other two have very good quality cables, specially the VG4.

IMG_20191108_182319.jpg

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #44,607 of 100,612
If you want bass, this is not it. If you want very good amount details, this should be the best option.
Looks like a keeper for you!! :D

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #44,609 of 100,612
Come, have a try. I can come too. Take the Spring 1 for a test drive maybe?
I shall .. in a couple of days make a visit and try them out :)

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #44,610 of 100,612
Of all the recent earphone I have with me, most impressed with the Shozy Pola39, if anyone has the budget should just dive into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back