The discovery thread!
Dec 18, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #40,816 of 100,431
Some serious props to Penon folks. Not only did they send a nice Christmas card. But they sent me a email saying they are upgrading my recent IT01s purchase to DHL so I can get it before Christmas.

This my friends separates Penon from every other seller of audio goods on the nets from China.

Yes, DSnuts, hats off to Penon Audio. they sent me a card, a nice scarf, and remembered my inquiries about new products. they treat customers as real people
and not just numbers. their site is well organized, their information clear, and they answer e mails within a day of inquiries. a great model for vendors.
their prices may be a little higher at times, but their reliability and accountability makes it worthwhile to order from them!!!

Dec 18, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #40,817 of 100,431
Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin, Tenhz P4 Pro, Sony NW-A46 and xDuoo XD-10 Poke.jpg

Source: SONY NW-A46 > xDuoo XD10 Poke
IEMs: Tenhz P4 Pro and Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin

Whizzer A-HE03 is well-rounded IEM when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Bass: Better on Whizzer A-HE03 and is slightly above neutral level whereas bass on Tenhz P4 Pro is neutral.

Mids: Mids are more upfront on Tenhz P4 Pro, I call it a Mids-O-Phile IEM whereas A-HE03 aka Kylin's mids are not as upfront as Tenhz P4 Pro but it is not recessed either.

We get more space in mids in Kylin as compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro and it is obvious because the mids on Kylin are not as forward as P4 Pro.

Treble: Both have neutral sounding treble, no IEM is harsh sounding IEM in treble region. I couldn't detect any harshness or sibilance in upper-mids and lower treble region in both the IEMs.

Soundstage: Soundstage is better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03.

Instrument Separation: Better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 because of the less mid-forward nature when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Who should buy the Tenhz P4 Pro?: Tin Audio T2 lovers. The Tenhz Audio P4 Pro is the direct upgrade of Tin Audio T2, be it bass, be it mids, be it treble, be it soundstage.

Who should buy Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin?: Those who want balanced sound with a bit emphasis on bass with the overall more relaxed sound with great instrument separation.

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #40,818 of 100,431

Source: SONY NW-A46 > xDuoo XD10 Poke
IEMs: Tenhz P4 Pro and Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin

Whizzer A-HE03 is well-rounded IEM when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Bass: Better on Whizzer A-HE03 and is slightly above neutral level whereas bass on Tenhz P4 Pro is neutral.

Mids: Mids are more upfront on Tenhz P4 Pro, I call it a Mids-O-Phile IEM whereas A-HE03 aka Kylin's mids are not as upfront as Tenhz P4 Pro but it is not recessed either.

We get more space in mids in Kylin as compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro and it is obvious because the mids on Kylin are not as forward as P4 Pro.

Treble: Both have neutral sounding treble, no IEM is harsh sounding IEM in treble region. I couldn't detect any harshness or sibilance in upper-mids and lower treble region in both the IEMs.

Soundstage: Soundstage is better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03.

Instrument Separation: Better on Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 because of the less mid-forward nature when compared to The Tenhz P4 Pro.

Who should buy the Tenhz P4 Pro?: Tin Audio T2 lovers. The Tenhz Audio P4 Pro is the direct upgrade of Tin Audio T2, be it bass, be it mids, be it treble, be it soundstage.

Who should buy Whizzer A-HE03 Kylin?: Those who want balanced sound with a bit emphasis on bass with the overall more relaxed sound with great instrument separation.

Nice comparison, would love to see yout toughts on p4 pro vs dm6.
Also, this cable on p4 pro is the trn one ? Thinking in grabbing one myself. Could you post a more detailed picture ?

Addressing to the debate, for my ears bass on the p4 pro isn't neutral, i think is above that, it's linear tho.

I agree on the treble, but for my taste i found the treble a little bit recessed and the stage is small not because of the upfront mids. I think it's because of the lack of technical ability in the elevated bass.

If you cut a little, the sound opens immediately. If you look at distortion graph, you will see that the bass suffers a little.

Also i like to raise the treble sometimes, the treble drivers are very, very good.

Dec 18, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #40,819 of 100,431
Nice comparison, would love to see yout toughts on p4 pro vs dm6.
Also, this cable on p4 pro is the trn one ? Thinking in grabbing one myself. Could you post a more detailed picture ?

Addressing to the debate, for my ears bass on the p4 pro isn't neutral, i think is above that, it's linear tho.

I agree on the treble, but for my taste i found the treble a little bit recessed and the stage is small not because of the upfront mids. I think it's because of the lack of technical ability in the elevated bass.

If you cut a little, the sound opens immediately. If you look at distortion graph, you will see that the bass suffers a little.

Also i like to raise the treble sometimes, the treble drivers are very, very good.

The cable which I am using with Tenhz P4 Pro is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BGV...Silver-Plating-MMCX-Earphone/32950872270.html

To my ears, it is neutral in bass and linear too. However, P4 Pro is still in burn-in mode.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #40,820 of 100,431
Though there's sooooo many choices you good people are throwing up here, my family bought me the JVC HA-FW01 wood series iem's for Christmas. Hoping it's the flagship TOTL i've been looking for?

Dec 19, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #40,821 of 100,431
Though there's sooooo many choices you good people are throwing up here, my family bought me the JVC HA-FW01 wood series iem's for Christmas. Hoping it's the flagship TOTL i've been looking for?

TOTL/End Game .. I find these are words I use to justify buying expensive iems ... then I read more.. buy more... endless cycle :ksc75smile::beerchug:

Let me know how they sound. It looks pretty

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #40,822 of 100,431
Looking for advice.

Dealing with A&V Professional Store, received a TRN V80 that literally fell apart after 1st use, the top of the IEM dropped out of the body. The top holds 2 BAs and the electrical connections are broken.

I opened a dispute with Aliexpress, contacted the seller, sent a clear image showing the issue.

The seller responded asking for a video of the damage (LMAO) sent to their email address and asked to close the dispute and we'll work this out.

The dispute has just over 3 days to be settled. I responded to the seller, told him I will not send a video, that he has very clear proof of the damage and has the dispute timeline to find a solution.

Is closing the dispute and asking for non-Aliexpress email exchanges to resolve the problem a scam?

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #40,826 of 100,431
Looking for advice.

Dealing with A&V Professional Store, received a TRN V80 that literally fell apart after 1st use, the top of the IEM dropped out of the body. The top holds 2 BAs and the electrical connections are broken.

I opened a dispute with Aliexpress, contacted the seller, sent a clear image showing the issue.

The seller responded asking for a video of the damage (LMAO) sent to their email address and asked to close the dispute and we'll work this out.

The dispute has just over 3 days to be settled. I responded to the seller, told him I will not send a video, that he has very clear proof of the damage and has the dispute timeline to find a solution.

Is closing the dispute and asking for non-Aliexpress email exchanges to resolve the problem a scam?
I would keep it open. In future, I would also advise to use PayPal for payments as you have that extra backup for disputes

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #40,830 of 100,431
So the IT01s is superb sounding out of the box. Has much better balanced sound vs the older IT01. Mids are superb on these. These have a nice high end tuning to them is the best way to describe them with a crazy nice sounding wide stage. Listening to some Sarah Vaughan Misty. I can image her singing next to the bar piano. Imagery is superb. Treble is just perfection. Has a sweetness to the tonality to the sound. I read these improve with burn in. They sound this good out of the box. Seems like Ibasso has thrown down the gloves on this one. These are so far exactly what I hoped this new version of the IT01 would be and more.

Oh and the cable these things come with while it looks like what is packed in the DMGs is not the same. I can tell these are custom made cables just for this earphone. The cable is just fantastic. I am more impressed with this cable than what came with the IT01.. Gonna see where this one goes. You guys should take this one very seriously. They sound just superb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back